Author Topic: I feel very sorry  (Read 6118 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
I feel very sorry
« on: July 04, 2012, 09:57:55 AM »
for both  the Fulton-Martins and the Zimmermans.     

If this goes to trial, both families are going to be in for a rude awakening.  Both should be fully prepared for the character assassinations that will most certainly be included.  TM was starting on the road to some delinquent behaviors, if reports early on are correct.  GZ had a terrible year in 2005 and it wouldn't matter that he was starting to pull it together.

There is no doubt in my mind that these families love their sons.  Hearing people get on the stand and report that everything they hold dear, memories cherished, are just a small part of the humanity that is within each of their sons is going to be hard.  Every fault, every slight will be put under the microscope.

My cousin was followed home and beaten to death with a baseball bat years back in Austin.  The trial was the hardest part of all of it for his family.  Of all of the things that they were told about evidence that would come out in the trial the Medical Examiner's Report was the most difficult for them.   They knew it would be gruesome in details but since they couldn't bring themselves to actually read it, the amount of all of his defensive wounds just crushed them.  He did not go easily. 

They believed Mike was rendered unconscious quickly.  Sometimes quickly is not soon enough.  Seconds do matter.  It is one of the main reasons, I empathize with the fear that GZ was experiencing while his head was being assaulted.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Re: I feel very sorry
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:54:30 PM »
Sorry for your families loss. Its unfortunate that relatives are scarred by crime. Ideally, the relatives of victims are at least somewhat compensated when the state takes revenge in their stead.

Hell, I was even sorry for Jeffrey Dahmer's mother but that sympathy failed to extend to her son. Then again I didn't get the impression that Joyce Flint (nee Dahmer) was a publicity hound with apparent financial motives.

GZ had a terrible year in 2005

2005 was seven long years ago. Isn't  there a statue of limitations on youthful indiscretions? I did note that Zimmerman's previous minor transgressions were not considered important during bail considerations.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 06:40:46 PM »
Sorry for your families loss. Its unfortunate that relatives are scarred by crime. Ideally, the relatives of victims are at least somewhat compensated when the state takes revenge in their stead.

Hell, I was even sorry for Jeffrey Dahmer's mother but that sympathy failed to extend to her son. Then again I didn't get the impression that Joyce Flint (nee Dahmer) was a publicity hound with apparent financial motives.

2005 was seven long years ago. Isn't  there a statue of limitations on youthful indiscretions? I did note that Zimmerman's previous minor transgressions were not considered important during bail considerations.

Methinks that 2005 is going to be like just yesterday, if this goes to trial.  There will be dirt.  And while I do think it will be "gently"  introduced for Martin, and most likely by a female attorney,  it will get out there none the less.  For GZ I see nothing but full on character assassination if they can get No. 9 in and the co-worker.

((LOL! on the youthful indiscretions!  I was still being a "bad" kid until I was 48.   There is not a soul in the family that has managed to forget even one second of that part of my life!  They happily recount some of my misadventures to anyone who will listen...  hahaha.  Even I do it, too, because there are just great stories involved!  With the right spin...everyone is laughing.  Though not at the time.))

Offline Aussie54

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
for both  the Fulton-Martins and the Zimmermans.     

If this goes to trial, both families are going to be in for a rude awakening.  Both should be fully prepared for the character assassinations that will most certainly be included.  TM was starting on the road to some delinquent behaviors, if reports early on are correct.  GZ had a terrible year in 2005 and it wouldn't matter that he was starting to pull it together.

There is no doubt in my mind that these families love their sons.  Hearing people get on the stand and report that everything they hold dear, memories cherished, are just a small part of the humanity that is within each of their sons is going to be hard.  Every fault, every slight will be put under the microscope.

My cousin was followed home and beaten to death with a baseball bat years back in Austin.  The trial was the hardest part of all of it for his family.  Of all of the things that they were told about evidence that would come out in the trial the Medical Examiner's Report was the most difficult for them.   They knew it would be gruesome in details but since they couldn't bring themselves to actually read it, the amount of all of his defensive wounds just crushed them.  He did not go easily. 

They believed Mike was rendered unconscious quickly.  Sometimes quickly is not soon enough.  Seconds do matter.  It is one of the main reasons, I empathize with the fear that GZ was experiencing while his head was being assaulted.

My cousin was kidnapped, raped and murdered. He committed suicide. This was a long time ago, and for certain if he had survived the dirty laundry that would be aired would have caused embarrassment. 

However, at this point I have little feeling towards the Martin family mostly because of their lies.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »
However, at this point I have little feeling towards the Martin family mostly because of their lies.

While the publicity campaign conducted by the Martins has beenn a paragon of openess, balance and truth?

Don't you feel a bit of sympathy for the Zimmermans based on the fact that despite the probabilty that Georges actions were both legal and moral, he is in Jail?

Sorry about your cousins ordeal.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »
My cousin was kidnapped, raped and murdered. He committed suicide. This was a long time ago, and for certain if he had survived the dirty laundry that would be aired would have caused embarrassment. 

I am so sorry for your loss.  I float around various "crime" sites and it always kind of amazes me how many have lost a loved one to violence.

I think the Fulton-Martins were originally manipulated by Crump in their time of deep grief.   I feel a lot stronger for Tracy Martin than I do for Sybrina Fulton for some odd reason.  His grief was palpable, IMO.  No parent should have to bury their child but this is not a perfect world.  Neither were either of these two gentlemen, both the elder and the younger.

By putting out this "picture of innocence" image of TM, I think Crump did the Fulton-Martins a huge disservice.  No one but the smallest of children could reach those impossibly high standards.  When leaks began to occur that debated those images, the Fulton-Martins couldn't help but to feel their deceased child was under attack.  They truly believe their child was murdered so it isn't unlike someone killing him all over again.

I cannot take much of Crump.  I don't like his methods.  Even if he had been more truthful, I think that this would have progressed much as it has.  I think that Serino could have possibly gotten his manslaughter capias.   I also think a Grand Jury should have been impaneled as scheduled by Wolfinger.

Crump is the one who sold the goods, part and parcel, to Sharpton and Jackson.   Like he said at one time, "I did what I had to do" when referring to the national attention this has caused.   After evidence began to come out that supported George Zimmerman, those two, one of which has a national platform thanks to MSNBC, got strangely quiet. 

I feel like I got played by the media and the media was getting fed daily by the Crump machine for weeks on end.

For George Zimmerman, the "demonizing" attacks came first.  His family tried to combat them with very limited success.  I sometimes think they did him more harm than good.  His so-called friend Taafe, do not even get me started on him.  I think the only reason he got airtime was because he was such a loose cannon that with the slightest encouragement he would shoot, GZ in the foot.  He is an Idiot.  Period.  IMO.

Again, just IMO.   Certainly not to be etched in stone.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »
Gee, since I had a chance to read your response and I had a few minutes to kill,  I went straight to Pay Pal and donated $100 on your behalf (Lea from Talk Left) and asked that it be dedicated toward George Zimmerman's  $1m bond.

I am sure that Mr. Zimmerman thanks you!

From Lea
I admittedly don't understand why people dislike  Sharpton and Jackson to such an extend.

Try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations
and
try googling Sharpton 1991 racist riots in NYC that resulted in the deaths of Korean store workers.

I am also sending 100 bucks.

Please post more often

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »
I have deleted posts by Lea with negative comments about Trayvon Martin's character. The rules specifically say no character attacks. I have also deleted comments responding to her posts that quoted it. If you see something I am likely to delete, don't quote the offending parts in your reply or I have to delete your reply. Otherwise, the offending content will still be on the site. You can reply to the commenter using their name, without quoting the objectionable content they included in their post.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
Methinks that 2005 is going to be like just yesterday, if this goes to trial.  There will be dirt.  And while I do think it will be "gently"  introduced for Martin, and most likely by a female attorney,  it will get out there none the less.  For GZ I see nothing but full on character assassination if they can get No. 9 in and the co-worker.

((LOL! on the youthful indiscretions!  I was still being a "bad" kid until I was 48.   There is not a soul in the family that has managed to forget even one second of that part of my life!  They happily recount some of my misadventures to anyone who will listen...  hahaha.  Even I do it, too, because there are just great stories involved!  With the right spin...everyone is laughing.  Though not at the time.))

A reputation for non conformity can be a badge awarded for courage.  Don't get a swelled head; there are other explainations.
 :)

Offline Aussie54

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »
While the publicity campaign conducted by the Martins has been a paragon of openess, balance and truth?

Don't you feel a bit of sympathy for the Zimmermans based on the fact that despite the probabilty that Georges actions were both legal and moral, he is in Jail?

Sorry about your cousins ordeal.

read what we are saying, no sympathy for the Martin family because of their lies - sympathy for the Zimmerman family who are feeling the pressure because of the lies of the Scheme Team.

Offline Aussie54

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss.  I float around various "crime" sites and it always kind of amazes me how many have lost a loved one to violence.

I think the Fulton-Martins were originally manipulated by Crump in their time of deep grief.   I feel a lot stronger for Tracy Martin than I do for Sybrina Fulton for some odd reason.  His grief was palpable, IMO.  No parent should have to bury their child but this is not a perfect world.  Neither were either of these two gentlemen, both the elder and the younger.

Deb, that experience in my family that happened so many years ago has left me feeling very unsympathetic towards the Martin family. I am not falling for the trap that there is either deep grief or that they are being manipulated by Crump. To the contrary, they are doing a lot of their own manipulation.

Once one starts to check on the "links" with these people a very different picture emerges about all of them. I have my own impressions about families associated with both Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin. These are not very flattering associations for them... there are criminals in that family... and I do think that they alone are responsible for hiding a lot of things about their son who committed felony assault that night.

Site Meter
click
tracking