Author Topic: Was TM wearing jeans or khakis?  (Read 6574 times)

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
Was TM wearing jeans or khakis?
« on: July 04, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »
Zimmerman:  A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes.

Officer Ayala: wearing a gray sweater, blue jeans, and white/red sneakers.

Neither Zimmerman's or Ayala's description match the 7-11 video.

Is there an evidence photo of the clothing TM was wearing?

Offline Aussie54

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Was TM wearing jeans or khakis?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »
Zimmerman:  A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes.

Officer Ayala: wearing a gray sweater, blue jeans, and white/red sneakers.

Neither Zimmerman's or Ayala's description match the 7-11 video.

Is there an evidence photo of the clothing TM was wearing?

Whilst there is the possibility that TM actually went back to the apartment and changed, I am not certain that GZ's description is all that bad when compared to the video. This is because it was dark, and jeans do come in other colors!!

The real problem is with Officer Ayala. It is his description of the clothing that seems to be at odds with everything else. A hoodie is not a sweater (we call that a jumper in Australia), but it is a sweatshirt!!  Perhaps that is what Ayala meant when he wrote sweater.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 08:12:31 PM »
Seem a little ridiculous.

The police were obviously in possession of all the clothes immediately after the shooting.

Why should any witness be overly concerned  about a fashion review?

Offline Jozz

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 10:49:44 PM »
Seem a little ridiculous.

The police were obviously in possession of all the clothes immediately after the shooting.

Why should any witness be overly concerned  about a fashion review?

They shouldn't, but the detectives were asking them what he was wearing. There must have been some sort of inconsistency in the reports for them to keep questions witnesses about his clothing, Or maybe they were just being thorough.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 11:31:50 PM »
There must have been some sort of inconsistency in the reports for them to keep questions witnesses about his clothing, Or maybe they were just being thorough.

Since the residents really didn't know the actors well enough to identify them in the dark and at a distance, they were using clothing as the identifying feature. Also, the level of detail a witness can recall measures the amount of detail they actually witnessed and the accuracy of their recollections.

Two customers witness a C-store robbery. One claims the suspect was Caucasian one claims Latino. The Caucasian witness also describes the suspect as wearing blue jeans, white running shoes and a black shirt with white stripes. The Latino witness suggests the suspect "might have been wearing jeans - I'm not sure." Which probably either saw the suspect better or has a more accurate recollection?

You also want to get detailed descriptions to check against other witnesses. Let's say one of the cutomers in the parking lot never really saw the suspect or the robbery, but did notice a man with blue jeans and a black shirt getting into a certain car after the robbery.

It's just good police work.

Offline Screamin Jay

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 11:51:26 PM »
Tracy Martin, Trayvon's dad gave an excellent description over the phone about the missing person. Made me think he paid attention to Trayvon that day. Made me think he really cared for his son. Makes me think Tracy was proud of Trayvon and other things he has said about him are probably true.
This whole mess is sad. But I follow it because I think it's important. They were tan khakis. Not very hood like.  ;)

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 07:38:28 AM »
Tracy Martin, Trayvon's dad gave an excellent description over the phone about the missing person. Made me think he paid attention to Trayvon that day. Made me think he really cared for his son. Makes me think Tracy was proud of Trayvon and other things he has said about him are probably true.
This whole mess is sad. But I follow it because I think it's important. They were tan khakis. Not very hood like.  ;)

Made me think he probably bought TM's clothes and could see what was left in the suitcase.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 08:03:24 AM »
Really? Tracy Martin told the 911 op Trayvon was wearing khaki shorts and the specific last time he saw him was 8:30pm, 8-8:30; so exactly what part of that excellent description is accurate? but then you likely believe he went to the store for ice tea and skittles.
A simple question other than paternity has Tracy Martin made ANY statement that has held up to scrutiny?

Offline Aussie54

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 05:04:59 PM »

Really good description? Shorts are not long pants - that is only the first discrepancy. The time last seen is yet another discrepancy or maybe Tracy Martin saw his dead son at that time and was lying to the cops from the beginning.

The fact remains that there are lots and lots of inconsistencies from the Martin family. Tracy Martin lying to the police in the 911 call is only the beginning of those inconsistencies.

Offline jordan2

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »
So what is the conclusion? Did Martin change clothes or not? If so, it only serves to show he might have gone back into Brandy's home and then went after George.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 06:41:05 AM »
Really good description? Shorts are not long pants - that is only the first discrepancy. The time last seen is yet another discrepancy or maybe Tracy Martin saw his dead son at that time and was lying to the cops from the beginning.

The fact remains that there are lots and lots of inconsistencies from the Martin family. Tracy Martin lying to the police in the 911 call is only the beginning of those inconsistencies.
interesting point, while the voice in the background (Chad?) corrects Tracy regards TM footwear (not slides, Jordans) he does not correct the description of shorts vs long pants...

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »
I'm confused. We know Martin went to the store. We know he bought an Arizona beverage. We know he bought Skittles. What part of that are we not supposed to believe?

We are asked not to discuss the possible uses of the beverage and skittles that doesn't necessarily mean I agree with your speculation. Just that all off us should hold off on this topic.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Why Martin Went Out
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »
Brandy Green and Chad both said Martin went to the store because he was bored. After he decided to go he asked Chad if he wanted anything.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 08:19:49 AM »
at DragonAsh:
"I'm confused. We know Martin went to the store. We know he bought an Arizona beverage. We know he bought Skittles. What part of that are we not supposed to believe? "

You stated it yourself, "an Arizona beverage", it was not ice tea. The chant of ice tea and skittles became the meme of the supporters and it was never true, why? why not report it accurately? Martin supporters parse each and every statement of GZ demanding verbatim regurgitation and accuracy of minutia.
Personally I could care less the why but it was a simple fact easily reported correctly but it never has been by police or the family.  A simple and well known legal precept: falsus in unum, falsus in omnibus

at lousy1:
understood, as stated above my only implication was inaccuracy in the reports.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 11:21:26 PM »
This thread is being locked due to all the comments with tacit character attacks on Trayvon Martin. Again, no character attacks are allowed here. If you want to discuss AZ beverages and speculative theories, you will have to do it elsewhere.

Site Meter
click
tracking