Author Topic: Witness 6 - "John"  (Read 22360 times)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
Re: Witness 6 - "John"
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »
Whonoze is being banned. All he does is argue speculative theories of guilt. He's been warned not to do this, and he was allowed back here to address his video people were talking about. He's outworn his welcome and will now be leaving us. I will also be removing his most speculative comments.

Offline JB

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2013, 09:57:43 PM »
Whonoze is being banned. All he does is argue speculative theories of guilt. He's been warned not to do this, and he was allowed back here to address his video people were talking about. He's outworn his welcome and will now be leaving us. I will also be removing his most speculative comments.

Hoo-Ray!  Thank you, Counselor (or should I say, "Your Honor?").

I had almost bitten my tongue off in restraining myself.  Now it will finally be able to heal.

Once upon a time I had whonoze's website (which shall hereby go unnamed) among my many GZ bookmarks, but I finally had to "ban" it by deletion for unmitigated nonsense and prejudice.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2013, 06:44:26 PM »
In the 10 seconds (his estimation) he watched, Witness 6 saw the combined bodies rotate 90 degrees counterclockwise and translate a few feet to the east while maintaining their relative positions to each other.  This suggests that either Martin was pushing Zimmerman onto the concrete or Zimmerman was trying to get away and Martin was holding on.  So in that 10 seconds, Martin may not have had time to get in many MMA blows.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
Here is the transcript of Witness 6's 3/20 interview with FDLE, provided by O'Mara in the Appendix to the appeal over Judge Lester's removal.

Here is the audio of his  Feb. 26 interview with Serino.

O'Mara moved to admit all the Witness 6 interviews at the June 29 hearing. He has posted them here.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2013, 07:18:23 PM »
In the 10 seconds (his estimation) he watched, Witness 6 saw the combined bodies rotate 90 degrees counterclockwise and translate a few feet to the east while maintaining their relative positions to each other.  This suggests that either Martin was pushing Zimmerman onto the concrete or Zimmerman was trying to get away and Martin was holding on.  So in that 10 seconds, Martin may not have had time to get in many MMA blows.

I don't think TM was trying to kill GZ or beat the crap out of him. I think a young man that kept getting punished for doing what he wanted to do, or not doing what he was supposed to do (suspensions), enjoyed having control and being dominant. I think TM initially just wanted to teach the guy following him a lesson, but he enjoyed GZ's reaction too much and he went too far. He succeeded in making GZ very afraid. IMO.

EDIT: I think there are assumptions by some that either GZ or TM set out to kill the other. I don't think that's the case. I think such people have very extremist views. I think, somewhat simply put, GZ was someone that TM believed he could assert himself against. Unfortunately TM decided to do it physically and didn't stop with the first punch or after GZ screamed 'uncle' for about a minute.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:32:54 PM by FromBelow »

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »
Here is the transcript of Witness 6's 3/20 interview with FDLE, provided by O'Mara in the Appendix to the appeal over Judge Lester's removal.

Here is the audio of his  Feb. 26 interview with Serino.

O'Mara moved to admit all the Witness 6 interviews at the June 29 hearing. He has posted them here.
I am getting Not Found errors on all the links on the page of the last link above.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2013, 07:43:57 PM »
I am getting Not Found errors on all the links on the page of the last link above.

I am not sure why but when I have gone to GZ Legal Motions, Subpoenas and the like are not available.  I have had to resort to a Google cached version.  Rumors abound that he is shutting down the servers at night to avoid someone hacking into his system.   

Since I don't know how all of it really works (I just want it TO work when I turn it on) I am running with that rumor!  At least in my head it makes some sense...  LOL!

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »
Send @GZlegalCase a tweet about it. They may not even be aware of the issues.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2013, 06:14:07 AM »
In the 911 call his priority was to report the shot, not go into detail about what he observed prior to it.

He mentioned that the two men were 'wrestling'. He could just as easily have said that one was beating the other.

W-6 decided to call before there was a shot, and he wasn't sure the sound he heard was a gunshot. One might say his 'priority' was to report the fight/altercation/disturbance.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2013, 06:51:21 AM »
Would it be fair to say that the first thing he saw was what looked liked strikes (when the guy on top had his back to him) and the later, most recent thing before calling the cops was more of a struggle moving from the sidewalk to the grass?

Personally, I think John not seeing strikes fits GZ's narrative better.  GZ's account had TM slamming his head on the concrete and GZ doing his best to slide off of it to avoid more damage to his head.  IT seems to me this is most likely the part that W6 witnessed.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »
W-6 decided to call before there was a shot, and he wasn't sure the sound he heard was a gunshot. One might say his 'priority' was to report the fight/altercation/disturbance.

He started the call by saying he heard a shot right behind his house. All of his exclamations and observations were about current events. He started to call with the intent to report the fight, but that changed after he heard the gunshot.

Are you bored and arguing for the sake of arguing?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2013, 07:03:01 AM »
Are you bored and arguing for the sake of arguing?

No.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2013, 07:06:46 AM »
Responding to post on another thread.

If you leave in the "raining down blows MMA style" (or however W6 really said it)

I thought I had a correct verbatim recollection, but I was wrong. It was 'throwing down'.

W-6, SPD, 3/26, 0:55-1:05
W-6: And then, the one guy on top in the black hoodie was pretty much just, throwing down blows on the guy, kinda MMA style.

Serino: Like a ground and pound? OK?

W-6: Yeah, like a ground and pound, on the concrete at this point.

Offline redstripe

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
Would it be fair to say that the first thing he saw was what looked liked strikes (when the guy on top had his back to him) and the later, most recent thing before calling the cops was more of a struggle moving from the sidewalk to the grass?

Personally, I think John not seeing strikes fits GZ's narrative better.  GZ's account had TM slamming his head on the concrete and GZ doing his best to slide off of it to avoid more damage to his head.  IT seems to me this is most likely the part that W6 witnessed.

I think it's possible that he witnessed actions that fit both his earlier and later descriptions to police, but he was conflicted over exactly how he should characterize the altercation.  If you ever witness fights (even professional ones) where one person is on the top and another on the bottom, the action is very muddled and chaotic.  It's plausible that, even within the course of 15 seconds, Martin was engaged in grappling for control of his wrists with Zimmerman, trying to sneak sporatic punches through when he had the chance, slaming zimmermans head onto the ground when his punches were blocked, and wrestling to maintain the dominant position as Zimmerman attempted to move onto the grass. 

W6 could conceivably have been conflicted about emphasizing certain actions and thereby making a definitive characterization/statement regarding whether Martin was clearly the dominant aggressor in the fight who was raining down punches and headslams, or whether the segment of the altercation he saw was just a stage in the fight where Martin simply had the upper hand and was trying, albeit violently, to resist Zimmerman.

Site Meter
click
tracking