Author Topic: Witness #8 (DeeDee)  (Read 225559 times)

Offline Screamin Jay

• Rate Post +0/-0
Witness #8 (DeeDee)
« on: July 06, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
I'm looking for a clear copy of W8, DeeDee's phone interview with Benjamin Crump or a transcript of it. Also the long media presentation he made about that first interview. I remember watching it on YouTube but can't find it now.
I have found plenty about the Bernie de la Rhionda interviews. I'll have to go off that in this thread if you guys can't help.

Offline Screamin Jay

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness #8 (DeeDee)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 02:22:58 AM »
This is an edited down version of W8's testimony:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dee Dee, Trayvon's friend in Miami
On the phone all day with Trayvon, but the phone was acting up. He was happy that day. Around six, sumpin’….; he was saying he was going to a corner store to get his little brother some food and some drink. She was conversing with him as he was walking to the store, at the store, and once he left the store.
When he was leaving the store, he just told me that he bought drinks. It about to rain.. He ran to the mail thing…like a shed… a covered area… he was already inside the gated place. That's when the phone hung up, and I called him back.
A couple minutes later this white man is watching him in a car. The man was on the phone. The man got problems…:and look at him crazy and creepy. So, Trayvon started walking. And then…the phone hung up. And I call him back again. 
He walkin’ and he said this man following him, behind the car. Trayvon, put his hoodie on cause, he said it was startin’ a little bit dripping water….He said this man is still watching him. Like in a car…so he about to run from the back. So then I told him, run to his Dad house.
So he say he about to run for the back cause its mo’ easier, he said.  So, next thing I hear, he gettin’ run. And I can hear that the wind blowin’…  So you could tell he was running at that time…
And…by the sound his voice kinda change… I know he was scared.  Voice was getting kind of low
So, in a couple minutes…he say the man followin’ him again, behin’ him. And I say, ‘RUN!’  Shouting, “Run, Run, Run!”  I was not yelling at him. You goin’ to run?  He say he not goin’ run cause he out of breath, tired, and he's right by his father house
It was not raining, cause I hear him OK.
 And then he told me like the guy was getting real close to him. Next I hear Trayvon saying, “Why you following me for? I hear this ol’ man was tired.  He breathin’ [mimicking a breathy tone], …say, ‘What you doin’ aroun’ here?’ in an angry voice ‘cause he said it like so deep.
And I call Trayvon…’Trayvon, what’s goin’ on, what's goin’ on?’…he didn’t answer. I hear a sound like “bump.”  You cou’ hear that Trayvon bump…somebody bumped Trayvon, ’cause I could hear the grass thing.  …I guess out of the speaker… She did not hear any kind of screamings like ‘Help me’ or anything like that. She did not hear any kind of shot. I could just hear like…the headphone…cause the headphones, he might got off. But I can still hear a little. Yeah, I could hear Trayvon a little bit…”get off…get off,”
And then…I was still screaming, I was saying, ‘Trayvon, Trayvon"…and next thing, the phone just shut off.
Dee Dee try calling back like 3 or 2 times. She tried to text him. No call back and no text from TM.
--------------------------------------------
My goal is to timeline the event using all witnesses, George and Frank. I removed lots of DeeDee's repetitions. You can't use this as exact. Feel free to respond with your knowledge of what she said and what you think she means. Right after Trayvon ran she says "I know he was scared.  Voice was getting kind of low." I wonder if the "low" was because he was hiding somewhere not far from the "T". Sounds like they went south. So, how did they get back north? Many things here to help me understand better.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 04:42:55 AM »
This is an edited down version of W8's testimony:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dee Dee, Trayvon's friend in Miami
On the phone all day with Trayvon, but the phone was acting up. He was happy that day. Around six, sumpin’….; he was saying he was going to a corner store to get his little brother some food and some drink. She was conversing with him as he was walking to the store, at the store, and once he left the store.
When he was leaving the store, he just told me that he bought drinks. It about to rain.. He ran to the mail thing…like a shed… a covered area… he was already inside the gated place. That's when the phone hung up, and I called him back.
A couple minutes later this white man is watching him in a car. The man was on the phone. The man got problems…:and look at him crazy and creepy. So, Trayvon started walking. And then…the phone hung up. And I call him back again. 
He walkin’ and he said this man following him, behind the car. Trayvon, put his hoodie on cause, he said it was startin’ a little bit dripping water….He said this man is still watching him. Like in a car…so he about to run from the back. So then I told him, run to his Dad house.
So he say he about to run for the back cause its mo’ easier, he said.  So, next thing I hear, he gettin’ run. And I can hear that the wind blowin’…  So you could tell he was running at that time…
And…by the sound his voice kinda change… I know he was scared.  Voice was getting kind of low
So, in a couple minutes…he say the man followin’ him again, behin’ him. And I say, ‘RUN!’  Shouting, “Run, Run, Run!”  I was not yelling at him. You goin’ to run?  He say he not goin’ run cause he out of breath, tired, and he's right by his father house
It was not raining, cause I hear him OK.
 And then he told me like the guy was getting real close to him. Next I hear Trayvon saying, “Why you following me for? I hear this ol’ man was tired.  He breathin’ [mimicking a breathy tone], …say, ‘What you doin’ aroun’ here?’ in an angry voice ‘cause he said it like so deep.
And I call Trayvon…’Trayvon, what’s goin’ on, what's goin’ on?’…he didn’t answer. I hear a sound like “bump.”  You cou’ hear that Trayvon bump…somebody bumped Trayvon, ’cause I could hear the grass thing.  …I guess out of the speaker… She did not hear any kind of screamings like ‘Help me’ or anything like that. She did not hear any kind of shot. I could just hear like…the headphone…cause the headphones, he might got off. But I can still hear a little. Yeah, I could hear Trayvon a little bit…”get off…get off,”
And then…I was still screaming, I was saying, ‘Trayvon, Trayvon"…and next thing, the phone just shut off.
Dee Dee try calling back like 3 or 2 times. She tried to text him. No call back and no text from TM.
--------------------------------------------
My goal is to timeline the event using all witnesses, George and Frank. I removed lots of DeeDee's repetitions. You can't use this as exact. Feel free to respond with your knowledge of what she said and what you think she means. Right after Trayvon ran she says "I know he was scared.  Voice was getting kind of low." I wonder if the "low" was because he was hiding somewhere not far from the "T". Sounds like they went south. So, how did they get back north? Many things here to help me understand better.

You might find this useful

http://whonoze.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/deedees-account/

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 05:42:46 AM »
You might find this useful

http://whonoze.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/deedees-account/

Thanks - this is an interesting perspective.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »
This site has a breakdown with the authors transcription of the interview.  I can't say for certain that the transcript is 100% accurate, but from listening to the interview and reading this transcript, I haven't found any flaws.  The author of the blog puts in his two cents which you can ignore, but I think its important to look at the full transcript with the phrasing used by BDLR as well as complete responses to get the full picture.

http://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/the-trayvon-martin-case-update-11-the-dee-dee-interview-kaboom/

Offline Screamin Jay

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
One word missing from the de la Rionda interview of W#8 is "cornered". DD used this word with Crump or on ABC TV at some point. The jist is that Trayvon felt cornered at some point somewhere. It may explain his need to tackle or punch (if he did!). I have two ideas on this so far.
1) the corner might have been the right angle formed by one of those white fences jutting out from the building. Serino suspected Trayvon hid from George. The safest home to hide by would be Brandi Green's but it's not clear he made it that far.
2) If there was a second person flushing Trayvon from the south, then he could have felt trapped (cornered) between the accomplice to the south and George to the north. Have you ever tried to play tag around a building? One person may never see the other. But if it's two looking for one, if one stays put the other easily flushes to object around to the other. It's sort of like using a hunting dog to flush out birds.
These two possibilities might have both happened at the same time.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 11:12:05 AM »
I think there is a third idea that is much easier to believe which is that Martin was never cornered and Dee Dee made it up.  ITs almost impossible to believe a young athletic kid could get cornered in such an open area by an "obese" out of shape man, given the witness testimony of where the words were first exchanged right around the T.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 12:18:54 PM »
I think there is a third idea that is much easier to believe which is that Martin was never cornered and Dee Dee made it up.  ITs almost impossible to believe a young athletic kid could get cornered in such an open area by an "obese" out of shape man, given the witness testimony of where the words were first exchanged right around the T.

I think it also possible that "cornered" was Crump's interpretation or exaggeration of what the young lady said, and not something she herself said.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 12:26:29 PM »
One word missing from the de la Rionda interview of W#8 is "cornered".

2) If there was a second person flushing Trayvon from the south, then he could have felt trapped (cornered) between the accomplice to the south and George to the north. Have you ever tried to play tag around a building? One person may never see the other. But if it's two looking for one, if one stays put the other easily flushes to object around to the other. It's sort of like using a hunting dog to flush out birds.
These two possibilities might have both happened at the same time.

Really? Was the second person flushing him from the south hiding behind the grassy knoll?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »
Really? Was the second person flushing him from the south hiding behind the grassy knoll?

Yes, but he was still visible because he was wearing a white T-shirt.

(yes, I'm old enough to get the grassy knoll reference--and to wish there'd been a Zapruder there when the struggle started)

Offline Aussie54

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »

My gut feel has always been that DeeDee has made up most of what is claimed to be her testimony. There are a lot of holes in what she claims.

My suspicion is that if GZ actually had a pre-existing condition, then it is highly unlikely that he caught up with TM... but that is just a suspicion and a gut feel on this matter.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »
My gut feel has always been that DeeDee has made up most of what is claimed to be her testimony. There are a lot of holes in what she claims.

My suspicion is that if GZ actually had a pre-existing condition, then it is highly unlikely that he caught up with TM... but that is just a suspicion and a gut feel on this matter.

I love the way De la Rionda has to put words into DeeDee's mouth. I can't imagine that the state could conduct its portion of an SYG hearing without putting her on the stand. She seems to be more critical to the state's presumption of Zimmerman initiating the conflict ( if that was confronted means) than Zimmerman.

Its hard not to envision Omara's cross examination of her as a Burns and Allen show.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »
Its hard not to envision Omara's cross examination of her as a Burns and Allen show.

I'll be sending you the invoice for that new keyboard.

But quit giving away our ages like that.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »
Burns and who?  :)

Actually a bit before my time, but I had a college roommate who was an fan of 50's TV. Gracie and Allen  were great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at9S7NDT2-o&feature=related

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 06:10:54 AM »
Burns and who?  :)

Actually a bit before my time, but I had a college roommate who was an fan of 50's TV. Gracie and Allen  were great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at9S7NDT2-o&feature=related

I figure Gracie's "stupid" act took a lot of smarts to pull off so brilliantly.

But, as a kid in the '50s, seeing George (Burns, not Zimmerman) go upstairs and turn on a TV set to watch the show that he was on, while talking to the audience about it,  to see what they were saying while he wasn't downstairs was just incredibly cool, and probably my first experience with tearing down the 4th wall AND science fiction.

Site Meter
click
tracking