State v. George Zimmerman (Pre-Trial) > Witness Discussion

Witness #8 (DeeDee)

(1/224) > >>

Screamin Jay:
I'm looking for a clear copy of W8, DeeDee's phone interview with Benjamin Crump or a transcript of it. Also the long media presentation he made about that first interview. I remember watching it on YouTube but can't find it now.
I have found plenty about the Bernie de la Rhionda interviews. I'll have to go off that in this thread if you guys can't help.

Screamin Jay:
This is an edited down version of W8's testimony:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dee Dee, Trayvon's friend in Miami
On the phone all day with Trayvon, but the phone was acting up. He was happy that day. Around six, sumpin’….; he was saying he was going to a corner store to get his little brother some food and some drink. She was conversing with him as he was walking to the store, at the store, and once he left the store.
When he was leaving the store, he just told me that he bought drinks. It about to rain.. He ran to the mail thing…like a shed… a covered area… he was already inside the gated place. That's when the phone hung up, and I called him back.
A couple minutes later this white man is watching him in a car. The man was on the phone. The man got problems…:and look at him crazy and creepy. So, Trayvon started walking. And then…the phone hung up. And I call him back again. 
He walkin’ and he said this man following him, behind the car. Trayvon, put his hoodie on cause, he said it was startin’ a little bit dripping water….He said this man is still watching him. Like in a car…so he about to run from the back. So then I told him, run to his Dad house.
So he say he about to run for the back cause its mo’ easier, he said.  So, next thing I hear, he gettin’ run. And I can hear that the wind blowin’…  So you could tell he was running at that time…
And…by the sound his voice kinda change… I know he was scared.  Voice was getting kind of low
So, in a couple minutes…he say the man followin’ him again, behin’ him. And I say, ‘RUN!’  Shouting, “Run, Run, Run!”  I was not yelling at him. You goin’ to run?  He say he not goin’ run cause he out of breath, tired, and he's right by his father house
It was not raining, cause I hear him OK.
 And then he told me like the guy was getting real close to him. Next I hear Trayvon saying, “Why you following me for? I hear this ol’ man was tired.  He breathin’ [mimicking a breathy tone], …say, ‘What you doin’ aroun’ here?’ in an angry voice ‘cause he said it like so deep.
And I call Trayvon…’Trayvon, what’s goin’ on, what's goin’ on?’…he didn’t answer. I hear a sound like “bump.”  You cou’ hear that Trayvon bump…somebody bumped Trayvon, ’cause I could hear the grass thing.  …I guess out of the speaker… She did not hear any kind of screamings like ‘Help me’ or anything like that. She did not hear any kind of shot. I could just hear like…the headphone…cause the headphones, he might got off. But I can still hear a little. Yeah, I could hear Trayvon a little bit…”get off…get off,”
And then…I was still screaming, I was saying, ‘Trayvon, Trayvon"…and next thing, the phone just shut off.
Dee Dee try calling back like 3 or 2 times. She tried to text him. No call back and no text from TM.
--------------------------------------------
My goal is to timeline the event using all witnesses, George and Frank. I removed lots of DeeDee's repetitions. You can't use this as exact. Feel free to respond with your knowledge of what she said and what you think she means. Right after Trayvon ran she says "I know he was scared.  Voice was getting kind of low." I wonder if the "low" was because he was hiding somewhere not far from the "T". Sounds like they went south. So, how did they get back north? Many things here to help me understand better.

unitron:

--- Quote from: Screamin Jay on July 07, 2012, 02:22:58 AM ---This is an edited down version of W8's testimony:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dee Dee, Trayvon's friend in Miami
On the phone all day with Trayvon, but the phone was acting up. He was happy that day. Around six, sumpin’….; he was saying he was going to a corner store to get his little brother some food and some drink. She was conversing with him as he was walking to the store, at the store, and once he left the store.
When he was leaving the store, he just told me that he bought drinks. It about to rain.. He ran to the mail thing…like a shed… a covered area… he was already inside the gated place. That's when the phone hung up, and I called him back.
A couple minutes later this white man is watching him in a car. The man was on the phone. The man got problems…:and look at him crazy and creepy. So, Trayvon started walking. And then…the phone hung up. And I call him back again. 
He walkin’ and he said this man following him, behind the car. Trayvon, put his hoodie on cause, he said it was startin’ a little bit dripping water….He said this man is still watching him. Like in a car…so he about to run from the back. So then I told him, run to his Dad house.
So he say he about to run for the back cause its mo’ easier, he said.  So, next thing I hear, he gettin’ run. And I can hear that the wind blowin’…  So you could tell he was running at that time…
And…by the sound his voice kinda change… I know he was scared.  Voice was getting kind of low
So, in a couple minutes…he say the man followin’ him again, behin’ him. And I say, ‘RUN!’  Shouting, “Run, Run, Run!”  I was not yelling at him. You goin’ to run?  He say he not goin’ run cause he out of breath, tired, and he's right by his father house
It was not raining, cause I hear him OK.
 And then he told me like the guy was getting real close to him. Next I hear Trayvon saying, “Why you following me for? I hear this ol’ man was tired.  He breathin’ [mimicking a breathy tone], …say, ‘What you doin’ aroun’ here?’ in an angry voice ‘cause he said it like so deep.
And I call Trayvon…’Trayvon, what’s goin’ on, what's goin’ on?’…he didn’t answer. I hear a sound like “bump.”  You cou’ hear that Trayvon bump…somebody bumped Trayvon, ’cause I could hear the grass thing.  …I guess out of the speaker… She did not hear any kind of screamings like ‘Help me’ or anything like that. She did not hear any kind of shot. I could just hear like…the headphone…cause the headphones, he might got off. But I can still hear a little. Yeah, I could hear Trayvon a little bit…”get off…get off,”
And then…I was still screaming, I was saying, ‘Trayvon, Trayvon"…and next thing, the phone just shut off.
Dee Dee try calling back like 3 or 2 times. She tried to text him. No call back and no text from TM.
--------------------------------------------
My goal is to timeline the event using all witnesses, George and Frank. I removed lots of DeeDee's repetitions. You can't use this as exact. Feel free to respond with your knowledge of what she said and what you think she means. Right after Trayvon ran she says "I know he was scared.  Voice was getting kind of low." I wonder if the "low" was because he was hiding somewhere not far from the "T". Sounds like they went south. So, how did they get back north? Many things here to help me understand better.

--- End quote ---

You might find this useful

http://whonoze.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/deedees-account/

Lousy1:

--- Quote from: unitron on July 07, 2012, 04:42:55 AM ---You might find this useful

http://whonoze.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/deedees-account/

--- End quote ---

Thanks - this is an interesting perspective.

leftwig:
This site has a breakdown with the authors transcription of the interview.  I can't say for certain that the transcript is 100% accurate, but from listening to the interview and reading this transcript, I haven't found any flaws.  The author of the blog puts in his two cents which you can ignore, but I think its important to look at the full transcript with the phrasing used by BDLR as well as complete responses to get the full picture.

http://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/the-trayvon-martin-case-update-11-the-dee-dee-interview-kaboom/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version