Author Topic: Witness #8 (DeeDee)  (Read 260988 times)

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness #8 (DeeDee)
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2012, 05:26:03 AM »
No not all FB, nothing to do with that. it's about random mathematical probability.

It's one of the many reasons i believe she's been coached and not being truthful. ;)

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2012, 05:35:20 AM »
No not all FB, nothing to do with that. it's about random mathematical probability.

It's one of the many reasons i believe she's been coached and not being truthful. ;)

Oh, I agree. But as I said, since iced tea was used on police reports that night I suspect it's a common way of referring to all flavors of the brand. Maybe someone from the area can confirm.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2012, 06:09:43 AM »

It is silly but the part that bothers me is that she refers to Zimmerman's vehicle as a car.  Zimmerman refers to his vehicle as a car in his written statement.

He has a truck, not an SUV.    Why wouldn't TM say he was sitting in a truck on the phone?

It's nitpicky but it just bugs me.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2012, 06:17:54 AM »
It is silly but the part that bothers me is that she refers to Zimmerman's vehicle as a car.  Zimmerman refers to his vehicle as a car in his written statement.

He has a truck, not an SUV.    Why wouldn't TM say he was sitting in a truck on the phone?

Wasn't it a Honda Ridgeline? I wouldn't call that a truck (as someone who owns both SUV's and trucks). I frequently refer to my Expedition as the car (and for some bizarre reason it's registered as a "station wagon" while the Explorer a friend owns is registered as an "SUV").

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:22:01 AM by annoyedbeyond »

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2012, 06:18:51 AM »
He has a truck, not an SUV. Why wouldn't TM say he was sitting in a truck on the phone?

I wouldn't know the difference. Are you sure Martin would?

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2012, 06:26:57 AM »

Maybe TM did say truck and DD just said car. I use car/truck interchangeably myself at times. Especially if a person takes the lead in a conversation by using one or the other. I'll tend to just refer to the vehicle as a car or truck depending on what word they used. I don't recall what GZ put in his written statement so I'll just take your word for it. So, even he said car when it's actually a truck. *shrug*

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2012, 07:16:22 AM »
Oh, I agree. But as I said, since iced tea was used on police reports that night I suspect it's a common way of referring to all flavors of the brand. Maybe someone from the area can confirm.

Probably a mistake on the police report that went viral.

That the news media kept repeating ICE TEA is one thing. That Dee Dee, who was talking to TM that night says he bought Iced tea, is another. Watch the 7-11 video. TM does not dawdle at the cooler section at all. He walks
straight back to where the ARIZONA products were located, grabs what he came in for. (Watermelon Punch-tastes like Hawaiin Punch by the way). To me the fact that Dee Dee said TM bought tea would indicate coaching or influence of news reports)

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2012, 07:29:41 AM »
Since you guys are talking about the watermelon v. tea thing, I'm curious about something: where was the first mention of "iced tea"? It was a police report, yeah? Even though they (the police) had a picture of the can in their report.

Is that accurate? Not that it has anything to do with DD, I'm just curious.

I've wondered if there was a reluctance to ID it as "watermelon" for any of a number of reasons.

I can't really see TM--if he was on the phone with her--saying "yeah I'm gonna get an Arizona Green Tea with Honey and Ginsing." when he could just say "I'm getting a drink hold on."

But tea...that came from a specific place.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2012, 07:59:49 AM »
It's the company's flagship product and therefore the most familiar.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »
I think it was just a simple a mistake(?) that the TM team was unaware of, can't say for sure.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2012, 08:05:50 AM »
Since you guys are talking about the watermelon v. tea thing, I'm curious about something: where was the first mention of "iced tea"? It was a police report, yeah? Even though they (the police) had a picture of the can in their report.

Is that accurate? Not that it has anything to do with DD, I'm just curious.

I've wondered if there was a reluctance to ID it as "watermelon" for any of a number of reasons.

I can't really see TM--if he was on the phone with her--saying "yeah I'm gonna get an Arizona Green Tea with Honey and Ginsing." when he could just say "I'm getting a drink hold on."

But tea...that came from a specific place.

Offhand the earliest reference I can find is 3/2/2012 in a report by Joseph Santiago. It's on page 16.

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/357450/trayvon-martin-documents-ocr.pdf

It's also on the evidence list but there's no "recovered date". Bottom of page 6.

http://cfnews13.com/content/dam/news/static/cfnews13/documents/ZIMMERMAN-SANFORD-OFFENSE-REPORT-0517.pdf

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2012, 08:20:33 AM »
Offhand the earliest reference I can find is 3/2/2012 in a report by Joseph Santiago. It's on page 16.

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/357450/trayvon-martin-documents-ocr.pdf

It's also on the evidence list but there's no "recovered date". Bottom of page 6.

http://cfnews13.com/content/dam/news/static/cfnews13/documents/ZIMMERMAN-SANFORD-OFFENSE-REPORT-0517.pdf
What I find interesting is there is never a correction made, even with photographic evidence and the can collected, no one correctly identifies the product... NO ONE.
I find that strange.

btw I live in the area... IMO and IME it is a common reference to call Arizona products Ice Tea; but then prior to this case I was unaware they made any other product, however as noted Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail is not Ice Tea, as Sprite is not Coke, or OJ is not milk.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2012, 08:25:59 AM »
What I find interesting is there is never a correction made, even with photographic evidence and the can collected, no one correctly identifies the product... NO ONE.
I find that strange.

btw I live in the area... IMO and IME it is a common reference to call Arizona products Ice Tea; but then prior to this case I was unaware they made any other product, however as noted Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail is not Ice Tea, as Sprite is not Coke, or OJ is not milk.
To this day no one except the BUFFS mentions it.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2012, 08:30:35 AM »
To this day no one except the BUFFS mentions it.

Maybe we should veer back towards DD so The Hostess doesn't get cross with us. I didn't mean to send the thread afield.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »
It's pertinent to her statement, but perhaps you are right.

Site Meter
click
tracking