Author Topic: Witness #8 (DeeDee)  (Read 271983 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness #8 (DeeDee)
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »
From your link:

Class    Mid-size/full-size sport utility truck

Was it Dee Dee or Martin who was looking up the vehicle on the internet?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »
Was it Dee Dee or Martin who was looking up the vehicle on the internet?

I don't really care what either of them called it, or even what GZ called it. I posted earlier about how I refer to my Ford Expedition as a car--and how according to my state DMV it's a "station wagon" even though it's built on a truck frame.

I just thought it was funny that you posted a link to wikipedia and the first thing they say about it is "truck" twice.

Wasn't trying to poop on you personally at all.

I kind of thought the larger point is that car, truck, suv...it's all subjective and doesn't really matter.

???

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »
Wasn't trying to poop on you personally at all.

I wasn't taking it personally. I was just proud of having a snappy comeback.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »
I wasn't taking it personally. I was just proud of having a snappy comeback.

It was a good one--got me  >:(

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2012, 11:50:29 AM »
I think the problem is we've exhausted the possibilities of the evidence released so far and are just being silly now. We need some new evidence to talk about.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »
I think exploring the evidence is a challenging job that calls for occasional comic relief.

I was just thinking that if Dee Dee's story is a complete fabrication, maybe they were really spending the time debating what to call the vehicle. Maybe Martin thought it looked like a car, like I did. And Dee Dee said, "No, baby. Sounds like a Honda Ridgeline. Thats a truck."

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2012, 01:11:36 PM »
LOL. You don't want us to assume anything about TM but you'll assume thoughts about GZ.

My memory ain't what it used to be and it was never that good to begin with.

What thoughts have I assumed about Zimmerman?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »
I think exploring the evidence is a challenging job that calls for occasional comic relief.

I was just thinking that if Dee Dee's story is a complete fabrication, maybe they were really spending the time debating what to call the vehicle. Maybe Martin thought it looked like a car, like I did. And Dee Dee said, "No, baby. Sounds like a Honda Ridgeline. Thats a truck."

Actually, you've just explained why Martin came back and circled the truck, to be sure if it was a truck or a car.  He didn't care about Zimmerman at all, he just wanted to win the argument.

And of course when it turned out she was right and he was wrong, he ran back into the dark to lure Zimmerman out, muttering to himself "MF'er, I'll teach you to drive a vehicle of deceptive appearance", and when Zimmerman came back through the "T" he rushed out and just before his fist hit Zimmerman's nose, he shouted "This is for you and the truck you rode in on".

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2012, 01:34:40 PM »
"This is for you and the truck you rode in on".

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's the way to build to a comic crescendo.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
Actually, you've just explained why Martin came back and circled the truck, to be sure if it was a truck or a car.  He didn't care about Zimmerman at all, he just wanted to win the argument.

And of course when it turned out she was right and he was wrong, he ran back into the dark to lure Zimmerman out, muttering to himself "MF'er, I'll teach you to drive a vehicle of deceptive appearance", and when Zimmerman came back through the "T" he rushed out and just before his fist hit Zimmerman's nose, he shouted "This is for you and the truck you rode in on".

Post of the day, easy. Probably post of the week. If we had clappy smileies I'd use a half dozen.

I like that "deceptive appearance". Gold.

Thanks.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »
My memory ain't what it used to be and it was never that good to begin with.

What thoughts have I assumed about Zimmerman?

I don't remember now exactly and am too lazy to go back a page. Basically I guess I said it wrong anyway. What I was trying to say is that you seem like you're willing to try very hard to explain away all sorts of things about TM--but at the same time you keep going over and over every little detail that GZ says said or did.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2012, 03:59:02 PM »
I don't remember now exactly and am too lazy to go back a page. Basically I guess I said it wrong anyway. What I was trying to say is that you seem like you're willing to try very hard to explain away all sorts of things about TM--but at the same time you keep going over and over every little detail that GZ says said or did.

Two judges out driving in the country.  One looks over at a field and says "Look at those sheep! They've just been shorn!"

The other, older, wiser judge looks and says "They appear to have been.  On this side."

That's how I try to approach figuring out what happened that night and why (and I'm still working on that and haven't taken a side), and it's why I've posted so many times in so many places that Zimmerman didn't call 911, it was just the non-emergency line to the police, that the calls from the past that have been mentioned covered a period of 8 years, not 1, that he didn't run right out and get that second passport the day after the shooting, but has had it for 8 years, that his father was only a magistrate in a different state without the political pull in Florida to get a parking ticket fixed, that Martin's knuckles are undamaged, that he was not out there in the middle of the night, that the police did not let Zimmerman keep his gun the whole time or give it back to him later that night, and I'm sure there are some others I can't recall at the moment, and I've probably been less than gracious on occasion in pointing out that someone had misstated the height and/or weight of one or the other or both.

If you really think I'm all pro-Martin and anti-Zimmerman, post a bunch of stuff about George that's either flat-out wrong or just plain ridiculous, and see how I react.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »

LOL!  You all can call me crazy but I am from the south.  Truck owners here go batty if you call their truck a car.  It is all about the classification!   Cross-over owners are befuddled messes.  IMO!   ;D

My point being, well... if there is one, is that Dee Dee could have been "briefed" on GZ's statement since he calls it a car, too.  It isn't like she ran to the police the next day.  Or the day after, or the day after that even...   she didn't go to the SAO until April 2nd.  She had at least a week with the members of Crup's team before that.

Oh, well.  The responses were classic.

(psst-it is a truck!)

Offline Jack203

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2012, 09:47:09 PM »
Two judges out driving in the country.  One looks over at a field and says "Look at those sheep! They've just been shorn!"

The other, older, wiser judge looks and says "They appear to have been.  On this side."

That's how I try to approach figuring out what happened that night and why (and I'm still working on that and haven't taken a side), and it's why I've posted so many times in so many places that Zimmerman didn't call 911, it was just the non-emergency line to the police, that the calls from the past that have been mentioned covered a period of 8 years, not 1, that he didn't run right out and get that second passport the day after the shooting, but has had it for 8 years, that his father was only a magistrate in a different state without the political pull in Florida to get a parking ticket fixed, that Martin's knuckles are undamaged, that he was not out there in the middle of the night, that the police did not let Zimmerman keep his gun the whole time or give it back to him later that night, and I'm sure there are some others I can't recall at the moment, and I've probably been less than gracious on occasion in pointing out that someone had misstated the height and/or weight of one or the other or both.

If you really think I'm all pro-Martin and anti-Zimmerman, post a bunch of stuff about George that's either flat-out wrong or just plain ridiculous, and see how I react.

Don't pretend you're objective.  Just because you can dispute Trayvonites and their conspiracy theories does not count.

"that Martin's knuckles are undamaged"

Trayvon had a 1/4 inch cut on the outside of his ring finger between his upper knuckles.  The exact kind of injury one would get for punching something or someone....very hard.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/05/17/trayvon.martin.autopsy.pdf

pg 7

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2012, 01:56:00 AM »
Probably a mistake on the police report that went viral.

That the news media kept repeating ICE TEA is one thing. That Dee Dee, who was talking to TM that night says he bought Iced tea, is another. Watch the 7-11 video. TM does not dawdle at the cooler section at all. He walks
straight back to where the ARIZONA products were located, grabs what he came in for. (Watermelon Punch-tastes like Hawaiin Punch by the way). To me the fact that Dee Dee said TM bought tea would indicate coaching or influence of news reports)

Exactly and nicely put

Site Meter
click
tracking