Author Topic: Witness #8 (DeeDee)  (Read 283341 times)

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness #8 (DeeDee)
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
It only has to come together once. :D

Offline Juan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2012, 03:21:03 PM »
It's written abrasion in the discovery.

It's not what the paramedic O'Rourke said. He said Zimmerman had what looked to be a fractured nose. Bleeding was under control, and he had lacerations on the back of his head. He was covered with a significant amount of blood (45% of face & head). 

Same for paramedic Brandy who said he had cuts and abrasions on his face, his nose looked like it had some damage & he had a cut on the back of his head. The laceration to the back of the head was an inch by a half inch wide. It was straight up and down on the back of his head.

They told the cops he’s going to need to go to the hospital to get some stitches. Abrasions only bleed minimally & don't require stitches.

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »

Singleton said they "appeared" to be abrasions 

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »
4) Finally you assume TM was an athlete.  Just take his height and his weight and you'll see he was a skinny kid.  Not a muscular kid.  He was probably not exercising much.  If on top of that he was used to smoking, that may not have helped him running.

Cite he was not exercising and smoking alot ( Smoking what?)? Can you name many husky Marathon runners?

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »
Very good Tchoupi,
Police Chief Bill Lee seemed to think TM had started to walk home
when GZ reappeared at the T. TM then turned around to "mouth off"
as Lee put it. Do you think the timing  was fateful that night?
TM thought he'd lost GZ and left his hiding place just as GZ
came back to the T?

Link to Lee's comments that I think Ignatius is referring to:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/31/v-fullstory/2725442/what-is-known-what-isnt-about.html

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
Cite he was not exercising and smoking alot ( Smoking what?)? Can you name many husky Marathon runners?

Or husky lightweight fighters, cornerbacks, etc.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
I'm in incredibly bad shape. I smoke, drink, and get very little exercise (surprisingly I'm not fat, go figger), am much older than TM and even I can run 100 yards or so w/o being so out of breath I had to stop. A lean 17 y/o would not be out of breath unless they had some kind of illness. I think Dee Dee's "out of breath" comment was coached. To present TM as having run to the point of exhaustion from a crazed stalker that was pursuing him and then having to fight desperately for his life when his stalker caught him. That's certainly been Crump's narrative.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2012, 04:28:04 PM »
DeeDee's statement is pretty clear about him hiding. 

Dee Dee didn't say a word about Martin hiding.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2012, 04:33:56 PM »
That's what she says when she states that he lowered his voice for a little while and then resumed walking home before being "cornered" a "couple" of minute later.

Can you hear her say 'cornered' on the recording of the Crump interview?

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2012, 04:46:31 PM »

Tchoupi, have you listened to the audio interviews of the medics at the scene? I recommend you do. He had lacerations (not abrasions) on the back of his head and abrasions on his forehead, cheeks and elsewhere on his face. There was a lot of blood. Here's a synopis:

O’Rourke

Treated him in back of patrol car
one or two lacerations on back of head
what looked like a fractured nose
he cleaned the blood off his head and face
he was covered in a significant amount of blood
it took a while to clean him up
he’d say 45% of him was covered in blood
there was blood on his cheeks and back in head

Brandy

abrasions on face
a cut on the back of his head
he told an officer he would need to go to hospital and get stitches
officer said ok, he asked if  cops would take him or they (EMTs) should, cop said cops would take him
He had a definite laceration to the back of the head
It  was pretty big, at least an inch by a half inch wide
There were abrasions on forehead, cheeks and face, his nose was swollen
There was one big cut on the back of his head, it was straight up and down
He had blood on his arms and his hands,  they used peroxide to clean him up and wash his hands

Livingstone

He had blood on his face,  and what looked like a broken nose
There were two small  (one inch)  lacerations on the back of his head
One looked deeper than other
They cleaned them so they would stop bleeding
Police asked if he needed to go by ambulance. They told cops he looks like he has a broken nose, may need a stitch or two. After discussion, police told them they would take him and see if he needs stitches
GZ  complained to her about his  injuries, said he was dizzy
When she was trying to get dried blood off she had to  push a little harder,  and he said it hurt. He also said his nose hurt.

(She is the one who took the can from Trayvon’s pocket, it was tall and full she put it to the side.  She said he had a small bullet hole in his chest that wasn’t even bleeding)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »
In any case, what DeeDee hears that is not told by TM is probably the only thing that matters.  Hearsays are usually not accepted in court.  So, what matters is what she heard TM & GZ say to each other, what the ton of the voices, the background noise.  For example, she stated that she heard the phone on the grass before the line went dead.  It may sound like nothing but since the found the phone dead on the grass it gives some level of credence to her story, most knowing that she made her statements before the the first discovery release.

Or she learned it from Crump. Do you think Martin's family didn't know that by then?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »
Dee Dee didn't say a word about Martin hiding.

are you sure?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »
are you sure?
If she did, why not just quote what she said?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »
If she did, why not just quote what she said?

I don't have an encyclopedic command of her ramblings. Was and remain fairly sure she mentioned something about TM hiding--maybe not exactly "He was hiding" but what was the part where she talks about TM lowering his voice and so forth?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »
I don't have an encyclopedic command of her ramblings. Was and remain fairly sure she mentioned something about TM hiding--maybe not exactly "He was hiding" but what was the part where she talks about TM lowering his voice and so forth?
Okay, but it seems somewhat unreasonable to me to challenge someone to prove something didn't happen because you have a vague recollection it did.

According to the transcript, here's what DeeDee said about Martin lowering his voice:
Dee Dee: So he put his hoodie on. So I said, ‘What’s going on?’ He said this man is still watching him. Like in a car…so he about to run from the back. So then I told him, go to his dad house. Run to his Dad house.
BDLR: Go to what?
Dee Dee: Run to his dad house.
BDLR: To his dad’s house?
Dee Dee: Yeah.
BDLR: OK.
Dee Dee: So he say he about to run for the back cause its mo’ easier, he said. So, next thing I hear, he gettin’ run. And I can hear that the wind blowin’…
BDLR: So you could tell he was running at that time…
BDLR: OK, and then what happened?
Dee Dee: And then…he say he lost him.
BDLR: He lost..like…the man?
BDLR: So, was Trayvon at that time…you could tell he was like, out of breath, like excited…
Dee Dee: Yeah. . .
BDLR: …like, like…
Dee Dee: Then…
BDLR: Take your time; I know this is difficult for you
Dee Dee: He lost him; he was breathin’ hard. An…by the sound his voice…voice kinda change…
BDLR: Who? Trayvon?
BDLR: OK, what do you mean by that, his voice changed?
Dee Dee: [unintelligible] I know he was scare.
BDLR: I’m sorry?
Dee Dee: I know he was scare. He…
BDLR: How..how…could …tell…and I know what you’re trying to tell me, but if you could, describe to me how you could tell he was scared.
Dee Dee: Voice was getting kind of low…[unintelligible]…breathin’ har’…
BDLR: So, you could tell he was emotional like somebody who was like in fear?
Dee Dee: Yeah…he say he lost him…
BDLR: OK…he was breathing hard?
Dee Dee: He say he lost him…breathin’ har’, you know. And I like, he goin’…so he say he lost him. And then a couple…and then he say he right by his ass [incorrectly transcribed] …he ru’, he go’ keep ru’ ’til hi’ dad house.
BDLR: OK, let me make sure I understand that he’s saying that he’s “right by his ass”…meaning the guy is right by Trayvon?
Dee Dee: No, he say he lost the guy…
Dee Dee: And then he ran from the back…
BDLR: Right.
Dee Dee: He say he lost him.
Dee Dee: He started walking back again…and I told him ‘Keep runnin’.’
BDLR: So Trayvon said he started walking because he thought he had lost the guy.
Dee Dee: I say, ‘Keep runnin’.’
Dee Dee: He say he ain’t goin’ run, cause he say he right by his father house…
Dee Dee: So, and in a couple minutes…he say the man followin’ him again, behin’ him. And I say, ‘RUN!’ You goin’ to run? He say he not goin’ run cause…I could have known he not going to run, cause he out of breath. and then, he told me, he say this guy getting’ close to him. I told him ‘RUN!’ And then, and then… I tol’ him ‘Keep runnin’.’ He not goin’ run. And then he say…I told him, ‘Why you not runnin’? He say, ‘I’m not go’ run,’ cause he tired, but I know he tired.
BDLR: I’m sorry…Trayvon said he’s not running because…he’s not going to run he said…because you could tell he was tired?
I see a lot about running, walking, and lowering his voice because he was scared, but nothing about hiding.

Site Meter
click
tracking