Author Topic: Witness #8 (DeeDee)  (Read 282744 times)

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness #8 (DeeDee)
« Reply #240 on: August 09, 2012, 01:00:38 AM »
Does it matter?  W11/20 heard the sound come from the north side of their house, and move around the corner and past their house to the south.  W6 heard the screams for help come from a distance and move closer.

And that supports the one eyewitness who did say it started at the T, so that's plenty right there, with nothing to refute it.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2012, 01:09:24 AM »
Does it matter?  W11/20 heard the sound come from the north side of their house, and move around the corner and past their house to the south....

Zimmerman never said or re-enacted anything about the physical encounter going around a corner, so is he wrong, or are they?

Perhaps what they thought they heard wasn't what they actually heard.

A possibility I seem to remember raising as part of pointing out that being an earwitness isn't the same as being an eyewitness.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2012, 06:36:10 AM »
Okay, but it seems somewhat unreasonable to me to challenge someone to prove something didn't happen because you have a vague recollection it did.

According to the transcript, here's what DeeDee said about Martin lowering his voice: I see a lot about running, walking, and lowering his voice because he was scared, but nothing about hiding.

That's not the part. Hell I don't know anymore. I'll try to find it when I have better access later.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2012, 06:41:44 AM »
The eye witnesses agree on what they heard?

That part's not really part of being an eye witness, now is it?

Sounded like it started near the "T" is not the same as "I saw it start near the T".

They can say they believe it started near the "T", but they can't say they saw it start there.

Sounds can echo, and appear to be coming from somewhere other than from where they are actually originating.

Sights don't usually echo, unless you count reflections.

None of those "...independent witnesses saying the confrontation began..." "...very close to the T..." can say they saw that.

They can't even say they saw a reflection of it.

Every eyewitness - at this point we only know of one. But he did give his statement before he was aware that other eyewitnesses were not forthcoming.

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2012, 07:04:44 AM »
Zimmerman never said or re-enacted anything about the physical encounter going around a corner, so is he wrong, or are they?

Doesn't matter much IMO; either scenario supports Zimmerman pretty equally.  But likely what they heard as "coming around the corner" is when they moved into direct line of the open patio door so the acoustics changed.  I could see that sounding like it came around the corner.

Offline Sling Trebuchet

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2012, 08:24:19 AM »
Forgive me if I give more weight to the words used by several medical professionals than the ones used by Singleton or you.

The really interesting thing  is that they mention a *lot* of blood.
Cuts / abrasions / whatever it was that didn't need stitching or bandaging at the time .... is not as interesting as the amount of blood.
They say that he had a lot of blood - about 45% - on head and face - with cuts/abrasions/whatever on his face. Lots of blood.

According to Zimmerman's account, Martin was not alone punching, but also had both hands on Zimmerman's face and nose - so much so that he couldn't breathe.....

So Martin's hands would have had a lot of blood on them - right? Some from punching this very bloody face, and a lot from palms and fingers pressing down onto this very bloody face.

Martin's hands were covered in blood too - right?
They would have to be - wouldn't they?

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2012, 08:31:43 AM »
Cuts / abrasions / whatever it was that didn't need stitching or bandaging at the time .... is not as interesting as the amount of blood.
They say that he had a lot of blood - about 45% - on head and face - with cuts/abrasions/whatever on his face. Lots of blood.

According to Zimmerman's account, Martin was not alone punching, but also had both hands on Zimmerman's face and nose - so much so that he couldn't breathe.....

So Martin's hands would have had a lot of blood on them - right? Some from punching this very bloody face, and a lot from palms and fingers pressing down onto this very bloody face.

We'll never know because his hands were not tested for foreign DNA. They could exhume the body, I suppose, but unless that is done we will not know. I doubt they'd do that though because there's no mention of bagging the hands properly for trace evidence collection - and not to mention the body was laying in the rain for half an hour or so.

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2012, 08:35:08 AM »
We'll never know because his hands were not tested for foreign DNA. They could exhume the body, I suppose, but unless that is done we will not know. I doubt they'd do that though because there's no mention of bagging the hands properly for trace evidence collection - and not to mention the body was laying in the rain for half an hour or so.

And that half an hour was just until they threw a tarp over the body.  It lay in the wet grass and rain (with the tarp) for like 3 hours.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2012, 08:38:27 AM »
Doesn't matter much IMO; either scenario supports Zimmerman pretty equally.  But likely what they heard as "coming around the corner" is when they moved into direct line of the open patio door so the acoustics changed.  I could see that sounding like it came around the corner.

Gee, that "sounds" an awful lot like something sounding like one thing when it was actually something else.

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »
Gee, that "sounds" an awful lot like something sounding like one thing when it was actually something else.

Not really.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »

You are being disingenuous. Please show where the phrase lots of blood was used.
Then please show me where anyone specified the amount of blood specifically on the face  excluding the back of the head- which was probably not directly contacted by TM.

Are you just  conflating the two areas to confuse the issue?

Covered in blood? Really? Ever sse a boxing match? Are the gloves ever 'covered in Blood'?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:01:22 AM by Lousy1 »

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2012, 02:02:03 PM »

So T Trebechet,
What do you think TM was doing at that time?
Why so little blood on his hands? :-\
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:04:36 PM by IgnatiusJDonnelly »

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »

I don't think TM was punching the back of GZ's head - so no blood would get on TM from those cuts; likewise when TM was punching above and to the side of GZ's nose, no blood would be on TM's hands from those punches

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »
This thread is about DeeDee. Please take the injuries/blood comments to threads with that topic. There is a thread for GZ's injuries and a forensic thread.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »
are you sure?

I'm sure sure Dee Dee didn't say Martin was hiding in the SAO interview. I've listened to that recording many times, and transcribed the parts that struck me as significant. If she said that, I would know.

Site Meter
click
tracking