Author Topic: Witness #8 (DeeDee)  (Read 113131 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness #8 (DeeDee)
« Reply #855 on: March 03, 2013, 08:38:07 PM »
DiwataMan has a good post on the the wake/funeral/hospital business.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #856 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:31 AM »
Dee Dee says she hears more than a bump.

The bump is the only non-vocal sound Dee Dee described. She didn't even mention that in the 3/19 interview.

She has said she hears the phone hitting the grass, ear phones falling

When did she say she heard the phone hitting the grass?

4/2 SAO interview, 11:24-42
Dee Dee: I hear something like, 'Bump!' You could hear that Trayvon bump, somebody bumped Trayvon.   

De la Rionda: So you could -

Dee Dee: Because I could hear the grass.

De la Rionda: OK. So you could hear there was something going on -

Dee Dee: Yeah. 

De la Rionda: - like something hitting something?

De la Rionda: OK.

Dee Dee: You could hear Tray-, I could hear the grass thing.

De la Rionda: Out of the -

De la Rionda: Out of the side of his -

De la Rionda: - feet? Out of the, OK.

Nothing about the phone there.

Dee Dee didn't say she heard the headset fall in the 3/19 interview. She said it fell, like an omniscient narrator. She didn't say how she knew.

If Dee Dee had said she heard the headset fall and the phone hit the grass, that wouldn't be describing sounds.

I don't think she will be allowed to make such interpretive statements in court.

Fla. Stat. § 90.701
If a witness is not testifying as an expert, the witness’s testimony about what he or she perceived may be in the form of inference and opinion when:
(1)  The witness cannot readily, and with equal accuracy and adequacy, communicate what he or she has perceived to the trier of fact without testifying in terms of inferences or opinions and the witness’s use of inferences or opinions will not mislead the trier of fact to the prejudice of the objecting party; and
(2)  The opinions and inferences do not require a special knowledge, skill, experience, or training.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #857 on: March 05, 2013, 01:24:13 AM »

Did Dee Dee ever mention specifically which direction TM went, towards home or not?  Did TM ever say I am running or walking any specific direction?

No, unless 'from the back' is such an indication.

I'm not sure where you believe TM was

I have no idea where he was. Why would you assume I have an opinion on that?

when he said he was right by his fathers house

The first time Dee Dee said 'right by', it was 'right by his dad's' . De la Rionda misunderstood that as 'right by his a*' (8:44-50). (The 'd's are audible, but barely. I missed them the first time too.) So Dee Dee told part of the story over, and substituted 'right by his father's house'. Clearly she was paraphrasing.

If Dee Dee is telling the truth or something close to it, Trayvon told her something that she paraphrased as 'right by his dad's'. She responded by suggesting that he 'keep running to his daddy's house'.

There's a bit of evidence, which I've previously overlooked, that for Dee Dee 'right by his dad's' did not mean he was at the back door. She would hardly suggest that he run to it if she thought he was already there.

As Dee Dee represented herself, I think it's clear she was not of the opinion that Trayvon should turn around and run back the way he came.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #858 on: March 06, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »
Responding to post on another thread.

With all of the other witnesses there seems to be a written statement first then the recorded statement.  Did the SAO ever get anything into writing as to the account that W8 heard?

I think the only written statements were those taken by SPD on the night of the shooting, including Zimmerman's, and the second one volunteered by W-18. The FDLE and SAO didn't take written statements, and the SPD didn't take them from witnesses first interviewed after 2/26.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #859 on: March 06, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »
When did she say she heard the phone hitting the grass?

4/2 SAO interview, 11:24-42
Dee Dee: I hear something like, 'Bump!' You could hear that Trayvon bump, somebody bumped Trayvon.   
De la Rionda: So you could -

Dee Dee: Because I could hear the grass.

De la Rionda: OK. So you could hear there was something going on -

De la Rionda: - like something hitting something?

De la Rionda: OK.

Dee Dee: You could hear Tray-, I could hear the grass thing.

De la Rionda: Out of the -

De la Rionda: Out of the side of his -

De la Rionda: - feet? Out of the, OK.
Nothing about the phone there.

The transcript I have (Mike McDaniel) has it slightly differently:

Dee Dee:   Yeah... and I hear, I hear a sound like “bump.”  You cou’ hear that Trayvon bump… somebody bumped Trayvon, ’cause I could hear the grass.

BDLR:  OK, so you could hear that there was something going on…

BDLR:  Like something hitting something?

Dee Dee:  Yeah.

BDLR:  OK.

Dee Dee: You could hear... I could hear the grass thing.

BDLR:  Out of the…

Dee Dee:  Yeah…

BDLR:  …I guess out of the speaker… out of the…

[BBM]

I'm sorry, but I don't think BDLR actually asked "Out of the side of his feet?" in response to Dee Dee saying she "could hear the grass thing".

And then it continues:

BDLR:  OK, and then what happened?

Dee Dee:  And then…I was still screaming, I was saying, ‘Trayvon, ‘ ‘Trayvon’…

BDLR:  And there was no response?

Dee Dee: Yeah, and next thing I hear…and next thing, the phone just shut off.

BDLR: The phone shut off?

Dee Dee: It just shut off.
[BBM]

Something about the phone there.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:29:09 PM by Evil Chinchilla »

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #860 on: March 06, 2013, 11:45:38 PM »
I happened to be looking at a Oct. 23, 2012 TalkLeft post by Jeralyn, and noticed that it quoted Crump, Fulton, Parks, and RadarOnline referring to DeeDee's hospital stay. For something that is now dismissed by some as a minor detail, it sure got a lot of play.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #861 on: March 07, 2013, 12:18:08 AM »
The RadarOnline article is quite fascinating for the level of detail it gives:

“His girlfriend became absolutely inconsolable and had trouble breathing so her mother took her to a nearby hospital emergency room. She had never seen her daughter this upset before, ever. She had a battery of tests, including an EKG, and was there for over 12 hours. Doctors ultimately told her that she was going to be ok, but advised her mother to keep a close eye on her and try to minimize the stress around her.”

Perhaps the author,  Jen Heger, made it all up, but I don't believe that for a second. I think the source had to be someone in the Crump camp. If so, either DeeDee told Crump an elaborate yarn, or Team Crump made it up.

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #862 on: March 07, 2013, 03:55:22 AM »
The RadarOnline article is quite fascinating for the level of detail it gives:

Perhaps the author,  Jen Heger, made it all up, but I don't believe that for a second. I think the source had to be someone in the Crump camp. If so, either DeeDee told Crump an elaborate yarn, or Team Crump made it up.

I think this was Crump's way of providing a story of why Dee Dee did not voluntarily come forward with information.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #863 on: March 07, 2013, 04:17:44 AM »

DiwataMan has an ABC clip from 3/19/12, over 5 minutes long. The very end of it seems to be the beginning of Part 3. I think the rest of it seems to be from a part of the interview that Crump claims not to have recorded. Crump is heard leading and coaching. The segment clearly contradicts the claims in Crump's affidavit, that nothing substantive was discussed during the times he claimed not to have recorded.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #864 on: March 07, 2013, 05:56:44 AM »
I just listened to that ABC tape, and around 3:20, it sorta sounds like DD says "Trayvon ...(inaudible) why are you following me" And then DD says "and this man this man he on the phone what are you talking about" , seemingly indicating that GZ was on the phone and said "what are you talking about".

DD continues her story, and ends it with the phone going dead.

Crump then steps in (3:50), and the first thing he wants, is to go over GZ's response.

Maybe i need a second cup of coffee.
Doe's anyone else hear something similar?.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #865 on: March 07, 2013, 06:13:40 AM »
I just listened to that ABC tape, and around 3:20, it sorta sounds like DD says "Trayvon ...(inaudible) why are you following me" And then DD says "and this man this man he on the phone what are you talking about" , seemingly indicating that GZ was on the phone and said "what are you talking about".

It's 'the man, he come and say', a frequent Dee Deeism for 'said'.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #866 on: March 07, 2013, 06:22:23 AM »
It's 'the man, he come and say', a frequent Dee Deeism for 'said'.

You could be right, it's hard to understand,
but i will say this, it sounds like she says "what are you talking about" instead of "what are you doing around here".

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #867 on: March 07, 2013, 06:30:15 AM »
it sounds like she says "what are you talking about" instead of "what are you doing around here".

Yes, that's what she said. Then Crump reminded her of the 'correct' line.

I missed that at first. I only caught if after I saw that someone mentioned it at CTH.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:38:51 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #868 on: March 07, 2013, 06:45:30 AM »
The new clip on the ABC website.

It's dated 2/28/13.

The first time through, I noticed that Dee Dee left out the part where Trayvon lost the man following him. I just now realized that this is another thing Crump reminded her to put in the next time.

He's just like a director coaching an actress.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #869 on: March 07, 2013, 07:15:39 AM »
I'm transcribing some highlights from the ABC clip. I'm working on the part we've been discussing. I'm going to go ahead and post the earlier ones.

0:49-1:01
Crump: Alright, so you go and talk loud, and tell us from that morning how often you all talked, and then, when Trayvon, around six, how he told you he was about to go to the store, and get some snacks for his little brother.

2:02-45
Dee Dee: And then, he told me, [unintelligible] he [unintelligible] the store in a rush. [Unintelligible] look like it about to rain. [Unintelligible] get out the store, and go home. So [unintelligible] he was walking out the store, and then it started raining hard. So he went to the, the plaza. Not a plaza, but a apartment, a little apartment. And he stand under a shade, til the rain calmed down. When the rain calmed down, he was like, this man was just watching him. And then he say he gonna make a run for it from the back, because the man was watching him, like, in this cell phone, just watching him. Like, he put his shade, he put his jacket on, under, because it was still raining a little bit. And he run from the back. He ran from the back. He trying to lose the man, because the man was following him.

I may be overreacting to the news of the day, but it's hard for me to see how this isn't over. Between the hospital lie and this blatant coaching, I think the prosecution is better off not putting Dee Dee in front of a jury, and they can justify that to the public. And I think there must be more, and worse, to come.

That doesn't mean the case won't go forward, but I think it will just be going through the motions.

It's stunning that Crump did this with a network recorder going. Did he think Gutman was his best bud, who would keep covering for him forever, even go to jail for him?

ETA: Has this really been up on the ABC website for over a week? Why hasn't it made headlines?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:18:08 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

Site Meter
click
tracking