Author Topic: Witness #8 (DeeDee)  (Read 225729 times)

Offline JW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness #8 (DeeDee)
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 03:43:44 AM »

Also the phone was found further down the path. If it had fallen like she claimed it would have been where the struggle began. Fuuny how she mentions it "Fell in the grass" as if she could see through the phone. In reality it just shows how her story was made up by someone who had seen the crime scene photos.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2012, 03:56:43 AM »
Deleted for now - I hope! :)  I certainly would not want to violate anyone's copyright. Well, I guess I didn't delete it after all.  :-\ But, IF this is any kind of a violation, I hope someone does! ;D

The parts that are evidence (statements, recordings, videos, etc) are public records. That's why they have to be furnished by the state.

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2012, 04:34:44 AM »
Redbrow said

"Page 37 Sybrina says she started to hear about DeeDee this past Christmas. DeeDee says in her interview she knew Trayvon for 10 years."

then dragon ash says

"Never mind - pg 32 says they had been seeing each other for about 2 1/2 years."

so I was asking him, since he seemed to have confused the father's love live with that of the son, or the other way around.
No, you're right. I mixed up Trayvon and Tracy on pg 32.

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness #8 (DeeDee) I got guilt...
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2012, 08:36:44 AM »
I got guilt...
Why is no one broaching that subject?
Maybe because it means jack? Maybe because it's the equivalent of someone feeling 'guilt' for being so helpless to help a loved one that meets a senseless death?

Just what are you suggesting DeeDee is professing guilt for?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:40:26 AM by dragon ash »

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »
Maybe because it means jack? Maybe because it's the equivalent of someone feeling 'guilt' for being so helpless to help a loved one that means a senseless death?

Just what are you suggesting DeeDee is professing guilt for?
exactly the reply I would expect of you, there is however an alternate explanation wherein the words the person uses actually carry meaning. I will be however most interested if the case gets to trial and the State is forced to call W-8.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2012, 08:41:47 AM »
I'd feel really bad if I had been on the phone with someone right before an assault and battery began and his life was ended.  Don't think I'd ever say I felt guilty unless I had some hand in how the event unfolded.  Of course her command of the English language isn't the best, so she could mean something totally different than guilt. 

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Guilt and Grief
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »

Guilt feelings are a normal part of the grieving process, and likely to be exacerbated in cases like this.

If a person doesn't know this, from life experience or some study of psychology, I don't know what more there is to say except to agree to disagree.

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2012, 09:22:46 AM »
exactly the reply I would expect of you, there is however an alternate explanation wherein the words the person uses actually carry meaning. I will be however most interested if the case gets to trial and the State is forced to call W-8.
Don't be coy. Please share with us your theory of why you think DeeDee feels 'guilt'.

She's a 16yr old kid that had her boyfriend shot point-blank in the chest while she was talking to him on the phone. If you can't see any number of plausible reasons for her to feel like she didn't do enough to help him, and how that might manifest itself as 'guilt' over his death, well...all I can say is that perhaps you need to have a bit more life experience before you'd understand.

Or, on edit: what nomatter_nevermind said.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »
Don't be coy. Please share with us your theory of why you think DeeDee feels 'guilt'.

She's a 16yr old kid that had her boyfriend shot point-blank in the chest while she was talking to him on the phone. If you can't see any number of plausible reasons for her to feel like she didn't do enough to help him, and how that might manifest itself as 'guilt' over his death, well...all I can say is that perhaps you need to have a bit more life experience before you'd understand.

Maybe it's part of the same "unified something-or-the-other" theory that explains why Martin couldn't ambush Zimmerman from behind but had to get his attention first and attack from the front.

You know, the "can only be alluded to but never expressed directly" theory.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Guilt and Grief
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »
Guilt feelings are a normal part of the grieving process, and likely to be exacerbated in cases like this.

If a person doesn't know this, from life experience or some study of psychology, I don't know what more there is to say except to agree to disagree.

My cousins and sister were on a hayride and they ranged in age from 6-12.  I didn't go because I chose to go to a football game.  During the hayride, the tractor got out of gear and went uncontrollably down a hill.  The older cousins jumped off, my sister and youngest cousin tried to hang on.  My sister was able to hang on, my youngest cousin wasn't and was crushed by the wagon and died that night.  The cousins who jumped off had guilt afterwards because they felt they could have done something to help had they not jumped off.  My sister felt remorse for his death, but not guilt because she was hanging on and couldn't help.  I had a great feeling of remorse because my cousin was dead and I maybe could have been there to help, but no guilt because there wasn't anything I could have done. 

Just my opinion and experience that one generally (not in all cases of course) feels guilty if they felt they could have done something to change the outcome.  They feel remorse/sadness when someone close to them dies.  Dee Dee's story seems to be that at every moment she was yelling and begging for him to keep running away.   Not sure I'd feel any guilt about that 5 weeks later, but guess for some people that is possible.  I just don't find it as likely as some alternative theories, especially given the tone of her twitter account the days after the shooting.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
Has she testified under oath that that is indeed her twitter account and that no one but she posted what's on there?

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2012, 12:19:22 PM »
Well, if the standard of discussing Dee Dee's feelings would be if they were admissible or were going to be used in court, then I could see being held to that standard.  As a matter of practical application when discussing why she may have felt a certain way, I think its reasonable enough to assume that the posts on the account were hers as I don't see any reason to believe otherwise.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2012, 12:50:50 PM »

I suggest anyone interested listen to the interview, I believe the investigator failed in his job as an impartial inquisitor when the witness moves from describing the 'baby, mama's boy..." to "I got guilt...  he would never fight, thats the problem" it was not his job to interject opinion into the line of questioning but rather to allow the witness to describe in her words. Like I said if you are interested LISTEN to it yourself.

I dont have to espouse a theory, the simple fact is the defense must counter the offense; if they postulate that TM could not did not have a motive for attacking GZ then it behooves a defender to investigate if there is/was such a motivator. Surely if it is not GZ that is the aggressor then for some reason he was attacked, if so why? It is entirely possible as they were in direct contact at that moment that provocation could be a motivator.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »

To be perfectly nitpicky, as far as we know the conversation was cut off before the shot was fired.

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2012, 08:41:27 PM »
I'm wondering if DeeDee ends up testifying if any of it would be coherent enough to actually benefit the prosecution.

Her statement bothers me because its so enigmatic. She was on the phone with TM for awhile, yet elaborates on virtually nothing they talked about. Then we have the notion TM lost GZ, sees him again, runs, walks, doesn't run, is out of breath, is by his house, ends up back at the T.

I just don't know what to make of it other than she has horrible communication skills or she is just really good at being vague. Perhaps both.

Site Meter
click
tracking