Author Topic: Zimmerman Wasn't Calling 911 On 2/26.  (Read 2979 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Zimmerman Wasn't Calling 911 On 2/26.
« on: July 06, 2012, 07:47:32 PM »
Zimmerman reported Martin with a non-emergency call.

Sanford police dispatcher:
Sanford Police Department. This line is being recorded. This is [name].

Sanford 911 dispatcher:
Nine one one. Do you need police, fire, or medical?

Records also identify Zimmerman's February 26 call as non-emergency. In the header for each record, after 'call source:', 911 calls have '911', non-emergency calls have 'TEL'.

The '911' meme made an early appearance, possibly the earliest, in a March 7 Reuters report.  No source was given. 
As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

The story behind that report was told in an April 3 Reuters report.
On March 5, [Martin attorney Natalie] Jackson brought in Ryan Julison, a publicist who had worked with her on a number of high-profile cases. . . . Julison pitched the story to a long list of media contacts. Eventually, on March 7, Reuters published a story titled "Family of Florida Boy Killed by Neighborhood Watch Seeks Arrest."

The March 7 report quoted Julison.
"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

The Martins' publicist was promoting 'Zimmerman disobeyed the dispatcher's order' before the recording was released.

Reuters uncritically accepted Julison's speculation, and his uninformed assertions about '911 protocol  across the country.' The report does not say if Reuters consulted anyone actually knowledgeable about 911 protocols, to determine whether a 911 dispatcher would normally give a citizen an 'order'.           

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Zimmerman Wasn't Calling 911 On 2/26.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:24:25 AM »
Even MOM referred to it as a 911 call and was corrected by Gilbreath at the original bond hearing, IIRC.  I don't know that it isn't because people are lazy in speech or what.  It is easier to say 911 rather than non-911?  IDK.  I finally got tired of typing "non-911" and went to NEN.

I have to say you have the patience of a saint.  You delve into places others fear to thread! 

I still have a bookmark for the first newcast that night that mentions the shooting.  There wasn't much detail since it was on the 10 O'Clock news. 

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:57:58 PM »

I still have a bookmark for the first newcast that night that mentions the shooting.  There wasn't much detail since it was on the 10 O'Clock news.

Could you post it?  I've been looking for a 1st.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
I've been telling people at various sites for months now about it not being a 911 call, it's like trying to empty the ocean with a sieve.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »
I've been telling people at various sites for months now about it not being a 911 call, it's like trying to empty the ocean with a sieve.

I don't get why it's important.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 08:40:56 PM »
I don't get why it's important.

Saying that he called 911 implies that he tied up an emergency line with something that was not, at the time he first called, at least, an emergency.

Let little things like that go by and next thing you know it's big stuff, like he called 911 46 times in the last year (which was actually 46 calls since 2004, and not all, and probably not most, to 911).

If you're trying to figure out what really happened, it's important that the stuff you do already know actually is what really happened.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »
Could you post it?  I've been looking for a 1st.

It was on Fox 35.  I guess they scrub their newscasts every 90 days.  The only things listed start on April 18.   Sorry, I was surprised it was gone considering it went national after a couple of weeks.

/news/local/022612/deadly-shooting-in-Sanford is part of the http.  I will google around for some mention of it but I cant promise anything.  The link doesn't exist.

IIRC, all of the details were very vague since they really didn't have anything to work with yet.  It was just that there was a shooting at the Retreat at Twin Lakes.  No name for Zimmerman.  At that time TM was unidentified.  I don't think it  was more than a 30 second report.  I googled for pages looking to see what blogs were picking it up and there was some "chatter" starting around March 8th but not much to find.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »
I've been looking for a 1st.

I don't know if you mean specifically TV. The earliest report in my files is February 29, Orlando Sentinel.

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 08:46:55 AM »
I found the FOX 35 report on You Tube. I'm starting a new thread with it. It's not on topic here.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
I have to say you have the patience of a saint. 

Thank you. Not that sainthood is something I've ever aspired to.

I'm surprised that no one so far has called me a nag or a scold on this. It wouldn't be unfair.

I think pet peeves are part of the spice of life. Everyone is entitled to a few of them.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
Thank you. Not that sainthood is something I've ever aspired to.

I'm surprised that no one so far has called me a nag or a scold on this. It wouldn't be unfair.

I think pet peeves are part of the spice of life. Everyone is entitled to a few of them.

I have a lot of stuff I am totally OCD over.  It is a standing joke at work.  People start with "It is not how you would do it..."  Nag would be one of the nicer things said about me.  LOL!  I prefer to think of it as "precise."

Site Meter
click
tracking