Author Topic: Different Sets of Photos  (Read 5130 times)

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
Different Sets of Photos
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »
It seems that depending on where you go, you'll find some discrepancies in the photos that have been released. Take for example:

- ABC: http://www.abcactionnews.com/gallery/news/news_photo_gallery/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-evidence-photos
- Orlando Sentinel: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-pictures-evidence-photos-released-in-the-shooting-death-of-trayvon-martin-20120517,0,6090406.photogallery

If you look at images #39 and #40 on the Orlando Sentinel set, you'll find two images that are not present on ABC's site. If you look at the number of images each have, 69 and 65 respectively, and accept that ABC's count of 69 doesn't include 2 images, you can find that the two sets of images are substantially different. That brings me to ask two questions:

1) Why the difference?
2) Is there a source that has -all- photos?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Different Sets of Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:05:36 PM »
It seems that depending on where you go, you'll find some discrepancies in the photos that have been released. Take for example:

- ABC: http://www.abcactionnews.com/gallery/news/news_photo_gallery/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-evidence-photos
- Orlando Sentinel: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-pictures-evidence-photos-released-in-the-shooting-death-of-trayvon-martin-20120517,0,6090406.photogallery

If you look at images #39 and #40 on the Orlando Sentinel set, you'll find two images that are not present on ABC's site. If you look at the number of images each have, 69 and 65 respectively, and accept that ABC's count of 69 doesn't include 2 images, you can find that the two sets of images are substantially different. That brings me to ask two questions:

1) Why the difference?
2) Is there a source that has -all- photos?

I am sorry to be a pain but most of my computer has crashed out.  When I go to links it just freezes up and I have to restart.  Would you mind posting the pictures?  They don't have to be large view.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:21 PM »
I am sorry to be a pain but most of my computer has crashed out.  When I go to links it just freezes up and I have to restart.  Would you mind posting the pictures?  They don't have to be large view.

I don't even have them all myself, as they're not laid out in a method that is easy to save them - that's part of the reason for my 2nd question. If I could find a source for all of the images I'd zip them up and toss them somewhere for everyone to download in a few clicks. Sorry I can't help ya with that :(

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »
I have them all. There are 119 photos in one set and 8 photos of the gun/holster.
What ones are you looking for? (by description or number) (Edited to add there's a chunk of numbers missing so there are fewer photos. I think the missing ones are those of Trayvon, which are not allowed to be released under public records laws. There are no photos # 38-42 or #44 - 59.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:14:37 PM by TalkLeft »

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »
I have them all. There are 119 photos in one set and 8 photos of the gun/holster.
What ones are you looking for? (by description or number)

Perhaps you could set up a free Dropbox account and give willisnewton a crack at the full set.

If you let me refer you, we both get extra free space (which will let me offer backup images for even more TiVo models permanently, instead of having to re-upload to SendSpace every couple of months)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 11:32:27 PM »
I have dropbox, I have flickr and photobucket and this server and  other websites. I'm not uploading all the discovery in this case or all the photos. And please stop touting Willis' flickr photo site.  I have specifically told her she may not use TalkLeft to promote her own photos or write article length comments here. Or use TalkLeft as a way to promote her work published elsewhere.  I do not agree with Willis' point of view, I find it biased and I do not want this site used to promote them. (She has been good lately on all counts. Why I continue to disagree with everything she writes, her comments are not quite as long and she no longer links to her own work.)

If you tell me what photos you are looking for (of what objects, items, places, people, etc) that you think the MSM has not provided, I will be glad to post those if I haven't seen them elsewhere. If I have, I will direct you to their link.   

Let's wait until tomorrow and see what new discovery is released then, and I'll figure out to make available things the MSM is not providing that readers say they are interested in.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 11:38:57 PM »
Right now I can't really detail what I do or do not have. I've stayed away from grabbing the ones I've found because I didn't want to run into the issue of having more duplicate photos than non-duplicates. Generally speaking, all I have currently are some of the building photos (from when I created my virtual walk-through of the scene) and the images posted by Mr. O'Mara's team. I'm not in dire need of them, but I'm a bit OCD about having all information available locally in case my internet goes down and I want to work on a project. As for which ones aren't available via MSM - couldn't tell you, it's kind of one of those situations where you can't really tell if something's missing until you see it.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 05:42:15 AM »
I have dropbox, I have flickr and photobucket and this server and  other websites. I'm not uploading all the discovery in this case or all the photos. And please stop touting Willis' flickr photo site.  I have specifically told her she may not use TalkLeft to promote her own photos or write article length comments here. Or use TalkLeft as a way to promote her work published elsewhere.  I do not agree with Willis' point of view, I find it biased and I do not want this site used to promote them. (She has been good lately on all counts. Why I continue to disagree with everything she writes, her comments are not quite as long and she no longer links to her own work.)

If you tell me what photos you are looking for (of what objects, items, places, people, etc) that you think the MSM has not provided, I will be glad to post those if I haven't seen them elsewhere. If I have, I will direct you to their link.   

Let's wait until tomorrow and see what new discovery is released then, and I'll figure out to make available things the MSM is not providing that readers say they are interested in.

I find the analysis she's done on many of the crime scene photos and maps interesting and useful in better understanding the events, and figured if she got hold of more than she already has she could possibly add even more to my knowledge.

I don't really see where figuring out relative distances and such is "taking sides", except for the side on which I've always been, figuring out what really happened and sorting fact from rumor.

I have no idea for what photos, if any, I'm looking because I don't know what all does or doesn't exist, except possibly for the photo of the body supposedly taken by the same civilian who took the picture of the back of Zimmerman's head, since the body photo might also be from just before Officer Smith arrived and handcuffed Zimmerman. 

It's not that I have a desire to actually see the photo or the remains of the deceased (far from it*), just to know the location and "arrangement" (face up, face down, arms spread, arms under chest, etc) before anyone but Zimmerman touched it.  If they let an artist see it to do a not-too-graphic sketch the accuracy of which they vouch for, that would be a perfectly acceptable substitute as long as the Martin family didn't object.

*I'd still just as soon un-hear that teacher's 911 call

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 07:07:14 PM »
DiwataMan has posted all the photos in a You Tube slide show.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »
What is the resolution of the photos as provided by the state to the media? I'm looking for the best resolution of the injury photos.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »
What is the resolution of the photos as provided by the state to the media? I'm looking for the best resolution of the injury photos.

Don't know about resolution, but here are the biggest versions I've seen so far.

http://www.businessinsider.com/check-out-photos-from-the-night-trayvon-martin-was-shot-2012-5?op=1

Site Meter
click
tracking