Author Topic: George as a Witness  (Read 241489 times)

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Re: George as a Witness
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2012, 04:21:23 PM »
Perhaps your biggest clue is that this site is run by a Defense Attorney?  Jeralyn uses facts in evidence.  Opinions are accepted as long as they are based in those facts in evidence and stated as an opinion.  Perhaps you are just more comfortable in those other sites where there is a broader range of discussion.

And what the heck is a "GZ Fan Boy?"  LOL!

There is a corresponding frustration concerning discussing the background of The Martin clan. But waiting until the information is entered into evidence does eliminate much of the effort of debating rumors.

Fortunately when and if the defense starts to play its cards this concern should be lessened.

But fortunately Deb is correct this is not a forum designed for baseless speculation. (At least nominally)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2012, 09:32:06 PM »
George will be interviewed tonight on Sean Hannity's Fox News show. O'mara will be there too. They say it will be for the entire hour. I doubt if any new revelations will be made. I do expect the "usual suspects" to find many "inconsistencies" in whatever he does say.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-channel-hannity-present-161400562.html

There's a separate thread for the Hannity interview here.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »
You can lead a fool to cameras but you can't make him think.  Zimmerman has never learned to shut his yapper.  He may have evidence going in his favor but by the time he gets through alienating the rest of the population of Florida, it won't matter.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
"You can lead a fool to cameras but you can't make him think."

You have just joined the legion of those from whom I expect a new keyboard. :)

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 03:20:46 AM »
You can lead a fool to cameras but you can't make him think.

That. Is. Awesome.

Well played.

Offline Screamin Jay

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 08:48:19 AM »
Did you notice on Hannity's long interview George says there was only 30 seconds until the encounter with Trayvon! Would this be from the end of the NEN call? That would be around 7:14 and would mean the encounter lasted 3 minutes. This is twice as long as I estimated. Serino said there was a lot of standing up and talking before the punch according to witnesses. Something had to take a minute extra.
What I understand is there was loud arguing that witness 11 says went at least three exchanges like blah, blah, blah. George says there was a punch. Witness 20 says there was a quiet scuffle across his back yard grass which lasted 20 seconds. Then there is crying and begging. This continues into 7:16 when the first 911 call starts. Finally there are yells for "Help", during which witness 6 comes out around 7:16:30. The gunshot happens at 7:16:56.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Standing
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »
Serino said there was a lot of standing up and talking before the punch according to witnesses.

I think some of what Serino said to Zimmerman about mystery witnesses was bluffing.

W-18 is the only one who says she heard arguing for a longer time than W-11, and she didn't see the men until they were on the ground.

The first time W-18 looked out, she couldn't see because of an indoor light. She turned the light off and looked again. By then the two were on the ground.

No witness we know of saw them before they were on the ground, except possibly W-2.

Investigators are allowed to use ruses. What Serino said to Zimmerman isn't necessarily to be taken at face value.

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Standing
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »
Investigators are allowed to use ruses. What Serino said to Zimmerman isn't necessarily to be taken at face value.
Correct - and neither can we take George's 'oh, I pray there was video' etc. statement at face value either. Unlike the Perry Mason shows, people rarely crack at the first 'I can prove it!' statement; they'll insist on their story until (and sometimes even after) it's been shown to be false.

We can hardly expect George to say, 'Gee, I hope there isn't any video'.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »
What he could have done of course was to backtrack any statement that he had given that he would expect to be inconsistent with the video. I don't mean time durations I mean events. He didn't

It appears that GZ was confident in his telling.

Its just remarkable, at 6Pm that no one saw anything to materially contradict him.
No witness saw him brandishing a gun   
No witness contradicts his account of the fight
No witness saw a foot chase

How do you think he got sooooo lucky?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »
What he could have done of course was to backtrack any statement that he had given that he would expect to be inconsistent with the video. I don't mean time durations I mean events. He didn't

It appears that GZ was confident in his telling.

Its just remarkable, at 6Pm that no one saw anything to materially contradict him.

6 PM of which day?

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2012, 07:06:42 AM »

No witness saw him being punched.

No witness saw his head being slammed in to the sidewalk.

No witness saw him being suffocated.

No witness saw him screaming.

How did he get soooo unlucky?

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2012, 08:59:10 AM »

What #6 actually seen might be different than his statement.

he could have seen all the above...maybe.

Offline who007

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2012, 09:05:18 AM »
Witness 6 went on at length about what he saw...almost an hours worth of his detailing what he describes of literally a few seconds in the dark.

He CLEARLY states he didn't see anyone hit, he doesn't know who was screaming, didn't see who started it, did not see any punches or hitting, didn't see how it ended

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2012, 09:23:25 AM »
Witness 6 went on at length about what he saw...almost an hours worth of his detailing what he describes of literally a few seconds in the dark.

He CLEARLY states he didn't see anyone hit, he doesn't know who was screaming, didn't see who started it, did not see any punches or hitting, didn't see how it ended

Witness #6 is quite precise. Yet he never waivers from the observation that TM was on top, in control and actively taking actions against Zimmerman.
I am sure that less adverserial  examination will be able to develop information based on his impressions. I suspect that we will find other facts that support his first observations

Ignore the repetitive droning. It is not that Zimmerman  is lucky to have witness #6 - its the state with its burden, and total lack of evidence  ( he got out of the Truck!!!) that is extremely unlucky.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2012, 09:37:02 AM »

The prosecution concedes he was punched. The evidence supports it

The injuries to the back of his head support GZ's testimony.

The lower volume of the last few screams supports the GZ's testimony ( once again GZ's persuasive testimony - given immediately after the incident)

The comparative injuries ( or lack thereof ) establish George as the screamer as do W6 testimony that Martin was totally in control of George.

Where is the evidence or witnesses supporting the contrary for the same four points?

It seems that you admit that no witnesses  support your key contentions. Then you conveniently ignore the witnesses and evidence that contradict them.

I think your unlucky to have invested emotional capital attempting to support such a thin soup of conjecture.
Did you ever post under the member name of PB?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:39:41 AM by Lousy1 »

Site Meter
click
tracking