Author Topic: Witness 14 - Austin McClendon (13 Yr Old)  (Read 11893 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness 14 - Austin McClendon (13 Yr Old)
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/17/trayvon-martin-killing-yo_n_1355795.html

Austin at the spot where he stood when he witnessed the scuffle
That picture does not coincide with what Austin was wearing on either of the two videos I know. In this one he says that the person yelling was about 20 to 25 yards from the back of his house (is that correct?) and it is not clear he got closer.  In the other one, he says the person on the ground was wearing a red t-shirt.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 07:12:07 PM »
One other interesting thing he said on the first video "it had just rained" when he went outside.  This means it wasn't raining then.  This casts doubt on the theory that Zimmerman didn't wait for the cops on Retreat View Circle because it had started raining harder there.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 07:25:10 PM »
One other interesting thing he said on the first video "it had just rained" when he went outside.  This means it wasn't raining then. 

From the statements of W-11, W-18, and W-20 it seems to have been raining hard about that time.

Dee Dee indicated that the rain had stopped.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »
I would trust the opinion of somebody who had actually gone outside and heard the screaming, as to whether it had stopped raining then, rather than somebody who remained inside.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 08:19:23 PM »
I would trust the opinion of somebody who had actually gone outside and heard the screaming, as to whether it had stopped raining then, rather than somebody who remained inside.

I would agree if the people inside thought it wasn't raining.

W-11 and W-18 both said it was raining so hard they wondered that anyone would be outside. W-20 gave the rain as a reason it was hard to hear other noises outside.

W-18 also said she had just shut her windows because it had started to rain hard.

All three of those witnesses heard the screaming.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 10:04:18 PM »
In this one he says that the person yelling was about 20 to 25 yards from the back of his house (is that correct?) and it is not clear he got closer.

On Google Earth it looks like at least 40 yards.

One other interesting thing he said on the first video "it had just rained" when he went outside.  This means it wasn't raining then.

Not necessarily. I think it's ambiguous.

There's nothing about the weather in the Serino interview, or the SAO interview summary (33/284). 

This casts doubt on the theory that Zimmerman didn't wait for the cops on Retreat View Circle because it had started raining harder there.

That would have been about half a minute earlier.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 04:00:01 AM »
Lying to state investigators in a murder investigation would be a different matter. Likewise, for attorney Adamson.

As we saw in our discussion of the Shellie Zimmerman perjury case, when discussing potential legal liability for false statements, it is essential to examine the exact wording of the statements in question.

I don't know of any verbatim statements to investigators by Cheryl Brown or Alisia Adamson. I assume you are alluding to 33/284, which is a paraphrased summary.

Even the paraphrase does not support the claim that either Brown or Adamson said that Austin recanted his statement that the person he saw on the ground wore a red upper garment.

[Redacted] attorney, [redacted] was also present during this interview. [Redacted] had concerns over [redacted] reference to the red hoodie. They advised that when [redacted] originally talked with the police, they felt that [redacted] may have been persuaed by police to say red hoodie. They said they would talk with [redacted] and will let us know.

3/27/2012, 8:15 pm - I received a call from [redacted]. She advised that [redacted] did not know what the subject he had seen was wearing. He felt obligated to say red hoodie since he had told the police that during an earlier interview.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 07:26:39 AM »
One other interesting thing he said on the first video "it had just rained" when he went outside.  This means it wasn't raining then.  This casts doubt on the theory that Zimmerman didn't wait for the cops on Retreat View Circle because it had started raining harder there.

I think NMN hit most of the points.  Witnesses stated it was raining hard as they heard the arguing.  Austin went outside after the rain stopped.  I took my daughter to school today like normal.  when we pulled out of the garage, it was pouring rain.  By the time I got about half a mile up the road, it had stopped.  I don't think thats all that unusual. 

Again, I don't know if heavy rain is why GZ decided not to wait for the police on RVC, but I think witness statements fit that possibility.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 07:40:45 AM »
Austin seems to be a well spoken, for his age, young man and I think he knows proper usage of the past perfect.  He said he heard the screams right after leaving his house and it "had been raining" then.  It definitely wasn't has.  The people inside their apartments may have confused wind noise with rain.  If it was raining hard, they wouldn't have been able to hear the screams.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 07:56:14 AM »
As we saw in our discussion of the Shellie Zimmerman perjury case, when discussing potential legal liability for false statements, it is essential to examine the exact wording of the statements in question...

And, as we saw, to make sure that the statements haven't had stuff left out without any indication that it was done.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 07:59:15 AM »
... The people inside their apartments may have confused wind noise with rain...

Yeah, remember that sudden gust that sprang up just as Zimmerman was getting out of his truck and slowly sauntering in a direction that by sheer co-incidence was the same direction that Martin had just gone?

;D

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 08:05:59 AM »
I think he knows proper usage of the past perfect. 

I don't agree the usage would be improper.

Site Meter
click
tracking