Author Topic: Witness 9 - George Zimmerman's Female Cousin  (Read 68526 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness 9
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2012, 11:37:35 PM »
I think her primary motivation is anger directed at George for her perspective of events as children.  Growing up she very likely could have been groped and had unwanted advances made to her by a cousin.  While I wouldn't bet the mortgage, I think she is being truthful.

I don't think calling the police was very well thought out on her part.  It was more an emotional response (anger) than logical.

I am wondering if her call started the whole ball rolling.  If her call helped convince some of the cops that  maybe there is a racial angle here, and we should seriously consider manslaughter charges...

Then some of the cops new Tracy Martin...and you know how gossip can spread.

Interesting theory.

I said this a couple of days ago but I will be darned if I can find the comment.  She was talking about racism when the Fulton-Martins weren't even at that point yet.  I openly question whether she could be the "smoking gun" but there is the fact that Natalie Jackson said they knew about her early on.  It made me wonder if they vetted her and decided they couldn't use her.  Seems to me that Team Crump would have been thrilled to have someone say this just two days after the shooting.   Did Daralene Jones give her the information or did someone in LE?   

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2012, 12:13:55 AM »
If she was just making stuff up to get back at George (or George's mother, or George's next door neighbor in the 3rd grade, or whatever), wouldn't she also make up stuff about seeing George do/say racist things?

And if she was trying to get back at George....why include the embarrassing and humiliating angle of having been sexually abused? She'd just stick to saying George was a racist. There's no need to make up any story of sexual abuse. Why bother, when most people will do exactly what most people on this board have done? "She cooperated. She willingly participated. He's only a bit older, that's not sex abuse'

I think W9 felt like this was a time when people would believe her. And if it meant more trouble for George, well, I doubt she was going to toe the 'family is family' line for someone she feels abused her.

But W9's statements only have direct relevance to the Martin case in providing further evidence that George isn't a flaming racist. I'm personally tired of reading comments from people woefully uneducated about sex abuse and how victims tend to act, so I'd be fine with the thread getting locked.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:16:17 AM by dragon ash »

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #212 on: July 19, 2012, 03:57:00 AM »
If she was just making stuff up to get back at George (or George's mother, or George's next door neighbor in the 3rd grade, or whatever), wouldn't she also make up stuff about seeing George do/say racist things?

She didn't provide any detail in the form of an example incident, but her initial call to SPD she said, "I know George.  And I know that he does not like black people and he would start something.  He's a very confrontational person, it's in his blood."

Comparing that set of statements with the body of evidence in the FBI reports; or even comparing that with what W9 says in her March 20 interview with the State Attorney's office, if appears that her Feb 28 statement is "made up."  It's not possible for both, that part of her Feb 28 statement quoted above and he March 20 statement about Zimmerman's racially motivated conduct, to be true.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »
So, Ash, you're saying we shouldn't take into account that he was 7-8 and she was 6? So you want every curious kid to go to jail? Man. My elementary school would have all been locked up.

That has nothing to do with not understanding sexual abuse, that has to do with just being goofy on your part, looking for things to attack GZ about.

Sorry man. I know people who were molested, I know people who were actually violently raped (as in choked to near death). There's a difference between this and that.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2012, 10:49:44 AM »
Can I ask for a link to where her actual statement is?  I know that it is in two parts and I remember it being audio.  I can't listen so I am hoping for a transcript.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2012, 10:52:16 AM »
If it started and ended when he was 7-8, there wouldn't be a story. You know there's more to the story, I hope?

Well we don't actually know anything about the story other than she made some allegations, right?

It's funny how you scream for evidence evidence evidence whenever anyone says anything pro GZ but anything against GZ is automatically true.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #216 on: July 19, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
If it started and ended when he was 7-8, there wouldn't be a story now would there.

Yet isn't this the only age where she makes a direct reference to being molested?  The account of when she was 16 and he was 17, has her driving to his house, agreeing to lie down to get a massage, then leaving when he kisses her.  I don't think that would be considered a sexual assault of any nature would it?  Was what happened from age 7-15 something closer to the account of when she was 6 or 16?  How many other actual events were there and what were the circumstances? 

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #217 on: July 19, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »
IMO that reputation could profit from some enhancing.
If by 'enhancing' you mean 'suddenly finding yourself forced to defend someone that sexually molested a younger female relative', I think I'll pass.

And with that, I think I'll stop posting here. When seemingly intelligent people that should know better stoop to pooh-pooh-ing and defending sex abuse, I can only assume they're not interested in the truth, they're interested in pushing an agenda. Enjoy your little neck of the world, I hope you're happy there. I'm sure this post will be taken down soon enough.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2012, 11:08:14 AM »
If by 'enhancing' you mean 'suddenly finding yourself forced to defend someone that sexually molested a younger female relative', I think I'll pass.

And with that, I think I'll stop posting here. When seemingly intelligent people that should know better stoop to pooh-pooh-ing and defending sex abuse, I can only assume they're not interested in the truth, they're interested in pushing an agenda. Enjoy your little neck of the world, I hope you're happy there. I'm sure this post will be taken down soon enough.

Oh put away the violin.
No one is defending sex abuse. There's a difference between looking at something with a jaundiced eye and condoning it.

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »

I don't think this will directly impact the case, I don't believe that W9's comments re: black people and GZ are useful, and whereas I find W9's claims credible I know we can't know for certain it actually happened.

W9's  now says the racial allegations are with GZ's mother and not GZ so maybe W9's sexual claims (if they did happen) are not with GZ but somebody else?

Site Meter
click
tracking