Author Topic: What Happened at the "T"?  (Read 68503 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: What Happened at the "T"?
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2012, 03:35:20 PM »
From the "T", what are the distances

From the T to the parking location Zimmerman marked on the map, about 185 or 190 feet.

In the reenactment Zimmerman had Sgt. Smith park at almost exactly the same spot, maybe a few feet further east. I think it was at least 170 feet from the T.

From the T to the body, about 45 feet.

From the T to Brandy Green's place, about 360 feet.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »
From the T to the parking location Zimmerman marked on the map, about 185 or 190 feet.

In the reenactment Zimmerman had Sgt. Smith park at almost exactly the same spot, maybe a few feet further east. I think it was at least 170 feet from the T.

From the T to the body, about 45 feet.

From the T to Brandy Green's place, about 360 feet.

Thanks.  The bottom line is that it was around twice as far from Martin's intended destination as it was from Zimmerman's when the two met up at the T.   One could imagine O'Mara using that along with some reasonable timing guesses to argue, at the immunity hearing, that it was more likely than not that Martin provoked the original confrontation.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 07:56:56 PM »
From the "T", what are the distances to

1. Zimmerman's car?
2. Location of Martin's body?
3. Brandy Green's townhouse?

The best reference for these facts is?

Truck to the "T" 165 - 170 by the reenactment, but who knows.
Trayvon's body is a different story, it's been measured and TM's head is about 34ft south and 4ft west of the sidewalks, i believe the shooting happened very close to the cover ("sign") which is approximately 29ft south of the sidewalk.
With GZ extricating himself and the CPR TM was moved a few feet to the south.
Brandy's is about a full football field or 360ft. 
There is a pic of TM's body, the shot was taken from the neighbor's porch area
80 or so feet NW of the body, the tarp (head area) can barely be seen.
This pic is a clue to a fairly good estimate, if you use it don't forget about the fence sticking out from the roof line.

All this is my opinion but i'm confident about the measurements, the truck is another story.

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2012, 08:43:21 PM »
While we are on the subject of distances....anyone recall the approximate distance between the shell casing and body?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »
While we are on the subject of distances....anyone recall the approximate distance between the shell casing and body?

The shell casing was underneath the body if I recall correctly.  They had to use a metal detector to find it after the body was removed to the morgue.  If you look at the picture of it in the grass it is nearly straight up and down.

If you are wondering about trajectory, there are a lot of factors to be considered.  It could have gotten deflected by clothing,  it could have been moved around a little with LE and EMS turning TM over first for CPR (LE) and later by EMS as they made their efforts, it could have been kicked around a little by feet.   Shell casing trajectory cannot be established like it would if a person was standing, firing with proper arm extension, etc.

My best guess is it got deflected in the clothing.  Zimmerman had on a jacket and Martin that hoodie.  With them being prone, the casing wouldn't have traveled that far.  IMO.

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2012, 10:39:09 AM »
I wasn't really expecting to ascertain much from the casing location but its an interesting piece of information nonetheless.

I would imagine if it were deflected it may have been off of Trayvon's left arm, as I believe George carried his Kel Tec on his right side and he described that he sort of wedged it past his arm towards his chest. As the casing ejected from George's right side it was likely to hit something or else it would have been a bit further away.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »
Trayvon's body is a different story, it's been measured and TM's head is about 34ft south and 4ft west of the sidewalks

Cite?

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2012, 02:29:12 AM »
Cite?

Me !  :-[

Just intersect the measurements 39.1 and 37.1 , the pillars are about 2ft inside the roof line, and it's around 5ft south of the utility cover("sign"), which is 29ft south of the sidewalk.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »

Just intersect the measurements 39.1 and 37.1

I don't know how to intersect measurements.

We don't know exactly how the pillars are situated, with respect to the T or to one another.

around 5ft south of the utility cover("sign"), which is 29ft south of the sidewalk.

That puts the body in the back yard of the first unit. I think this picture clearly shows the body opposite the second unit.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2012, 06:21:02 AM »
Ah yes, nothing's changed. No Matter is always right, everyone else is always wrong and there's just no point discussing it.

It's kind of a form of trolling. Unitron even got warned for it a couple of times. Why does NM get away with it?

I mean come on--NM says "I don't know how to intersect measurments"--but spectator is still wrong!

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
Ah yes, nothing's changed. No Matter is always right, everyone else is always wrong and there's just no point discussing it.

It's kind of a form of trolling. Unitron even got warned for it a couple of times. Why does NM get away with it?

I mean come on--NM says "I don't know how to intersect measurments"--but spectator is still wrong!

Please do not capitalize me.

It tickles.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »
Please do not capitalize me.

It tickles.

Had I been talking about my good buddy unitron I would not have capitalized you. However, as you appeared at the beginning of the sentence, normal rules of writing dictate you have to be encapitalated.  8)

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
NM says "I don't know how to intersect measurements"

Can you explain what 'intersect measurements' means?

There is a thread on the crime scene sketch. Spectator and I participated. It seems you did not, so I don't know if you've seen it.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »
Had I been talking about my good buddy unitron I would not have capitalized you. However, as you appeared at the beginning of the sentence, normal rules of writing dictate you have to be encapitalated.  8)

Proper names, even internet handles, are rendered as they are, regardless of location.

And I'm not sure we are in full agreement on the definition of trolling.

As for being "encapitalated, that sounds like it would do something worse than tickle. :)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »
Proper names, even internet handles, are rendered as they are, regardless of location.

Not until you pry the shift key from under my cold, dead finger.

Site Meter
click
tracking