Author Topic: Who is screaming on the 911 call?  (Read 49998 times)

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
Re: Who is screaming on the 911 call?
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2012, 07:36:24 AM »
Has anyone fed the call using a voice-to-text app? (dragon dictation, google voice, siri)

Offline Schnapps

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »
Didn't see this issue discussed in this thread. But was the Sanford PD's voice exemplar of GZ yelling Help! discussed elsewhere? Or if it was posted elsewhere, would someone link it for me? TIA.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2012, 07:42:58 PM »
Didn't see this issue discussed in this thread. But was the Sanford PD's voice exemplar of GZ yelling Help! discussed elsewhere? Or if it was posted elsewhere, would someone link it for me? TIA.

I remember this subject being broached on the main thread AFAIK the results were not significant either way.

Why do you think that Trayvon would be screaming for help? Can you explain why his father could not identify the screams as belonging to Trayvon?

Why does the Martin family refuse to make recent examples of TM's voice public?

Offline Schnapps

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »
I remember this subject being broached on the main thread AFAIK the results were not significant either way.

Why do you think that Trayvon would be screaming for help? Can you explain why his father could not identify the screams as belonging to Trayvon?

Why does the Martin family refuse to make recent examples of TM's voice public?

I'll read that main thread before I reply here.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »
I was going through the Altemonte Medical report for Zimmerman and something struck me.  He was complaining about tonsil  stones.  I never heard of them but a search says that they are aggrevated by breathing through the mouth.  He had a broken nose so this could account for that but it got me to wondering if all of the yelling could be a contributing factor in that aggrevation of the stones.

Not a lawyer or a doctor!

Altemonte Family Practice Fax

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2012, 06:52:31 PM »
Its interesting the Physicians Assistant made note of the details of the altercation and how Zimmerman was licensed to carry a gun and fatally shot his assailant. I suppose when addressing his mental health its important to know these things, but she's a PA, not a psych doctor.

I'm guessing she didn't further interject any medical opinion about the assault because she found it to be plausible from her stand point. One would think based on the detail Zimmerman described if she found the injuries to be "mild" or "inconsistent" she would have likely noted it.

As far as the screaming I still see no viable reason why Trayvon Martin would have been the one doing it. Aside from the single fatal shot, there's no scratches (aside from the finger), bruises or anything to indicate GZ even got a blow in. So obviously Zimmerman physically hurting him is discounted.

The gun coming into play is really the only way I can imagine Martin yelling for help. However, W6 dispels any notion that GZ may have been on top of Martin waving a gun around for 30 seconds while he screamed. DNA has basically ruled out any probability that the two actually grappled for control of the gun, and Zimmerman himself never alleged that anyway. Based on everything out there now, it seems unlikely Martin was screaming.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2012, 08:11:17 PM »
I don't know who was yelling, but I don't consider it entirely impossible that Martin was calling for help to get out of the fight.  At this point we don't know how he felt about being in fights, or risking getting hurt or risking hurting someone else.

I consider other explanations possible as well, but I think that one deserves consideration.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2012, 08:16:53 PM »
I don't know who was yelling, but I don't consider it entirely impossible that Martin was calling for help to get out of the fight.

That would be pertinent if Martin were on trial.

I see this point going to Zimmerman by overwhelming preponderance of the evidence.

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2012, 08:40:47 PM »
 Each person's family says it's their guy screaming so that will be in equipoise, but considering the number of people who indicated the screams sounded like someone in pain, and there was only one individual taking injury concurrent with the screams; I think that will fall in George's favor.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »
I don't know who was yelling, but I don't consider it entirely impossible that Martin was calling for help to get out of the fight.  At this point we don't know how he felt about being in fights, or risking getting hurt or risking hurting someone else.

I consider other explanations possible as well, but I think that one deserves consideration.

This is an article by Steve Cain regarding how the FBI's Signal Analysis Branch works and the criteria that is set.

Verifying The Integrity Of Audio And Videotapes

In a nutshell:

The examination process normally includes both an aural, physical, and instrumental analysis of the evidential tape. Phase continuity, speed determination, azimuth determination, waveform analysis, spectrographic and narrow band spectrographic analysis are among the techniques employed to evaluate the tape.

We do have a good idea of the testing that went on within their lab. They couldn't determine who was actually doing the "Help" cries.

From Discovery, they issued four reasons:
1) Produced under an extreme emotional state
2) Limited in the number of words and phrases uttered
3) Superimposed by other voices most of the time
4) Distant, reverberant and low signal quality

And whether the screams are GZ or TM is of no consequence to me. Both sides say it was their guy doing the yelling. I think a judge or jury will have to kind of chalk it up to "family" and move past their input since the FBI couldn't make any determination due to the quality of the recording.  IMO, the FBI will be the determining factor in that debate. A judge or jury should have less of an emotional attachment to the case.

Take away the yelling for help and you have two guys in an altercation. One has injuries from said altercation. One doesn't show any defensive wounds. Not so much as a bruise. And then there is the abrasion near a knuckle on the ring finger.

((I am doing a CCP on myself because I am too lazy too retype several posts in another place))

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2012, 08:29:14 AM »
This is an article by Steve Cain regarding how the FBI's Signal Analysis Branch works and the criteria that is set.

Verifying The Integrity Of Audio And Videotapes

In a nutshell:

We do have a good idea of the testing that went on within their lab. They couldn't determine who was actually doing the "Help" cries.

From Discovery, they issued four reasons:
1) Produced under an extreme emotional state
2) Limited in the number of words and phrases uttered
3) Superimposed by other voices most of the time
4) Distant, reverberant and low signal quality

And whether the screams are GZ or TM is of no consequence to me. Both sides say it was their guy doing the yelling. I think a judge or jury will have to kind of chalk it up to "family" and move past their input since the FBI couldn't make any determination due to the quality of the recording.  IMO, the FBI will be the determining factor in that debate. A judge or jury should have less of an emotional attachment to the case.

Take away the yelling for help and you have two guys in an altercation. One has injuries from said altercation. One doesn't show any defensive wounds. Not so much as a bruise. And then there is the abrasion near a knuckle on the ring finger.

((I am doing a CCP on myself because I am too lazy too retype several posts in another place))

"One has injuries from said altercation. One doesn't show any defensive wounds. Not so much as a bruise."

That's all the same person.  George Zimmerman.

Yeah, I know you meant Martin about the defensive wounds, but neither had any.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2012, 08:35:05 AM »
The argument most people who believe it is Martin screaming use is that the screams end abruptly with the shot.  They seem to think there is a Newton's first law for screams which would keep them going for a while after the shot, if they had been from Zimmerman. ::)  I myself, am not sure.  If what was going on mostly during the fight was Martin's efforts to prevent Zimmerman from aiming the gun at him, I can imagine it being the former screaming.  However, in the land of reasonable doubt, it certainly could be Zimmerman screaming which means he is not guilty.  The screams alone show the source was in fear of death or great bodily harm.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2012, 09:42:35 AM »
"One has injuries from said altercation. One doesn't show any defensive wounds. Not so much as a bruise."

That's all the same person.  George Zimmerman.

Yeah, I know you meant Martin about the defensive wounds, but neither had any.

Thanks.  But to my limited knowledge Zimmerman was never photographed without his jacket on so his arms were never exposed to see if he had any bumps or bruises on his forearms or even elbows since he kept trying to rise up.  We only know his hands were unscathed.   I would have like to have seen them do that for clarification.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2012, 09:43:02 AM »

heh.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »
. And then there is the abrasion near a knuckle on the ring finger.

Funny, a couple of weeks ago I was wrong when I mentioned the abrasion near the knuckle (between the first and middle, going from the hand to fingertip).

Abrasions on what would be the flat surface of the fist following an altercation where someone's face gets dinged up and their nose gets broken--means something.

Site Meter
click
tracking