Author Topic: Who is screaming on the 911 call?  (Read 48502 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Who is screaming on the 911 call?
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »
Funny, a couple of weeks ago I was wrong when I mentioned the abrasion near the knuckle (between the first and middle, going from the hand to fingertip).

Abrasions on what would be the flat surface of the fist following an altercation where someone's face gets dinged up and their nose gets broken--means something.

Honestly, I think the abrasion came from contact with the sidewalk but whatever.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
Honestly, I think the abrasion came from contact with the sidewalk but whatever.

So why did you list it in your list?

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »
So why did you list it in your list?

Maybe for sake of thoroughness. =)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »
But to my limited knowledge Zimmerman was never photographed without his jacket on so his arms were never exposed to see if he had any bumps or bruises on his forearms or even elbows since he kept trying to rise up.

I think Serino showed Zimmerman some photos of his bare arms in his last SPD interview.

2/29-1, 12:07-15
Serino: OK. You never got a chance to hit him. You have no defensive wounds here. Any bruising on your body at all? Anything?

Zimmerman: No.

2/29-1, 16:12-23
Serino: Once again, these are your defensive wounds, which are essentially nonexistent. I'm looking for bruising and scrapings, and I know [unintelligible]. I mean, you fared pretty well, probably because you had long sleeves on. I mean, that's what I'm thinking. I can wave that off pretty easy.

Throughout part 1 of the 2/29 interview, Serino was calling Zimmerman's attention to visuals, and there are rustling sounds like someone going through a stack of photos. Serino talked in this way about Martin's wounds, both the fatal and the minor one, Martin's face, Martin's phone, and Zimmerman's ex.

After the above there was an abrupt transition to talking about Zimmerman's ex, again suggesting that Serino was going through a stack of photos.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »
I think Serino showed Zimmerman some photos of his bare arms in his last SPD interview.

2/29-1, 12:07-15
2/29-1, 16:12-23
Throughout part 1 of the 2/29 interview, Serino was calling Zimmerman's attention to visuals, and there are rustling sounds like someone going through a stack of photos. Serino talked in this way about Martin's wounds, both the fatal and the minor one, Martin's face, Martin's phone, and Zimmerman's ex.

After the above there was an abrupt transition to talking about Zimmerman's ex, again suggesting that Serino was going through a stack of photos.

Thanks for explaining rustling sounds.  I cannot get much in the way of audio/video.  If it is a WAV file, I can't get that at all.  I think I just listened to one that wasn't wav that was posted by txanti so I will have to go back and listen some more an harder! 

The only pictures I specifically remember Serino showing Zimmerman were that of Trayvon Martin in situ.

But then, where are those pictures?  Why aren't they released?  Aren't there over 300 photos to date combining the ones from FDLE and SPD?  I think there were over 100 alone that SPD took.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »
Throughout part 1 of the 2/29 interview, Serino was calling Zimmerman's attention to visuals

I shouldn't have relied on a hazy recollection. They went through all the photos in about seven minutes, early in the session. I've posted a list as the start of a new thread.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2012, 09:32:12 PM »
Has anyone brought this up previously?  Starting at 38 minutes in of John's (Witness #6) FDLE interview, he gives the best evidence I have heard to date about who was screaming. He says that with Martin and Zimmerman perpendicular to him, with Martin on the top and Zimmerman on the bottom, so that Martin was facing away from him, he heard a very clear direct "help!" that did not sound like an echo off the town houses across the dogwalk, which is what you would expect if Martin was yelling.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2012, 09:48:00 PM »
He says that with Martin and Zimmerman perpendicular to him, with Martin on the top and Zimmerman on the bottom, so that Martin was facing away from him, he heard a very clear direct "help!" that did not sound like an echo off the town houses across the dogwalk, which is what you would expect if Martin was yelling.

I agree with your point, but wanted to mention that the way you state this is a bit ambiguous. The phrase "which is what you would expect if Martin was yelling" could either refer to "he heard a very clear direct 'help!'" or to "did not sound like an echo." Obviously from John's comments, it meant that if Martin had been yelling, it would not have been a clear, direct "help!"

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »
Yes MJW, thanks.  It is unclear what the last phrase modifies.  :-[  I should have turned it into a new sentence, "The latter is what you would expect if Martin was the one yelling".

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2012, 07:06:15 AM »
My record in being able to contact people in this case is not good, so can somebody contact O'Mara to suggest he try to see if it is really possible to tell the difference between yells from a person facing W#6's house versus facing the other side?  I am surprised that SPD or FDLE didn't perform this test since one of them got Zimmerman to yell "help!" repeatedly in an unsuccessful attempt at voice comparison with the poor quality 9/11 yells.   It would be even better if they could get W#6 and or Zimmerman to participate.  This is very low tech science but as evidence it would be very powerful.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2012, 07:12:48 AM »
I actually left a comment on the GZlegalcase.com website, suggesting that they look into checking W#6's ability to tell who is screaming by noticing whether or not there was an echo present.  I got this reply:

We obviously cannot publish your comment because it so specifically addresses evidence; however, I've forwarded your message to the research team.  Thank you for sharing.
-Shawn

Has anybody seen this issue discussed before anywhere?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2012, 07:24:20 AM »
Has anybody seen this issue discussed before anywhere?

I think it was mentioned on the blog when the audios were released.

I don't think it's a big deal. It's W-6's non-expert opinion, which probably won't be admissible.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2012, 07:44:31 AM »
He wouldn't be able to detect an echo?  I think it would be admissible provided an expert first testified that one could tell the difference in that location under the weather conditions that evening.  What I don't think will be admissible are the many identifications from relatives as to the source of the screams.  Anyway, why would either side bother to try to get them in?

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »
I didn't realize it would be considered expert testimony to be able to say whether you recognize the voice calling for help was someone facing you and not looking away from you.  Would this mean that no one (except George) will be able to testify to who is screaming in the 911 calls since the experts have said it can't be distinguished from the recording?

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »
Also recall that in his nterview with the local Fox station the afternoon after the shooting, W6 asserts that "the guy on the bottom who I beleive had a red sweater on was yelling to me help, help." Zimmerman has also claimed that he was yelling directly to W6 for help.

Site Meter
click
tracking