Author Topic: Who is screaming on the 911 call?  (Read 42710 times)

Offline JW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Who is screaming on the 911 call?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
I tend to agree, I'm convinced it was George.  Some think that it had to have been Trayvon because it was a younger sounding voice...well, IMO George's voice has that quality.

And, it's only a couple words ("Hello" twice), but you can hear Trayvon in the 7-11 in the security footage, and to me he seems to have a noticeably deeper voice.

Start just after 1:10 here

I have listened to that video as well and came to the same conclusion. It is just my opinion though.
I also believe if it was really Trayvon's voice the Martin's would have produced a video with him talking. Many people have video of family these days. Hard to believe they would have none.

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
I have listened to that video as well and came to the same conclusion. It is just my opinion though.
I also believe if it was really Trayvon's voice the Martin's would have produced a video with him talking. Many people have video of family these days. Hard to believe they would have none.

Sybrina says she had a recording of Trayvon in his voicemail IIRC.  As far as I know, she's declined to make it available.

Edit:  Will try and look that up again to make sure.  I think her words were something to the effect that she couldn't bear to hear it again.

Offline Juan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 02:28:38 PM »
The only thing about W6 - and he clarifies this in his later statement - is that he only assumed the guy on the bottom was screaming.

Martins' back was to him, and George's head was away from him. He wouldn't be able to *see* who was screaming.

I wonder if they asked him if afterwards if the guy he talked to sounded like the guy that had just been screaming.

W6 also had this to say about who he thought was screaming .... it wasn't Trayvon.

"That's why I thought, when I first gave my statement, it was coming from the guy on the
bottom. One, he was on the bottom, so of course, I'm thinking, "Why would the guy on the top be yelling
'help'." Two, it was a clear 'help.' It wasn't an echo-y 'help,' bouncing off, you know, another house from
the guy facing away from me. It was more of a projected, ah, 'help' at that point. So that's why, when I say I can't truly see the face if the the guy on the bottom was yelling 'help,' that's why I thought, ah, you
know, the 'help' was coming from the guy on the bottom at that point. Because it was a clearer 'help,' and
it wasn't a, you know, kind of an echo-y, you know, bouncing off walls type of 'help.' If that helps."

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 02:31:15 PM »
Because he was facing away from the homes. He wouldn't have seen W-6.

And because TM was facing away, the screams would sound different, reflecting against the walls of the opposite house instead of the direct screams from GZ facing him.

De La Rionda's aggresive style intimidated the witness by making it seem like the only way to verify the screamer would be to see the actual mouth.

Offline Juan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »
BDLR wasn't the one interviewing W6, it was John Bachelor, a special agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Offline JW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »

Didn't Austin Brown say the man on the ground was yelling for help?

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »
That is not what Zimmerman said. Don't waste your time.
It most certainly is. Have you even watched the videos?

Offline JW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
According to George, Martin had stopped banging his head and was trying to get him to shut up, then he saw his firearm, sat up, and gave his little speech, all while trying to suffocate George, before going for George's firearm.

Need to go back and see how those fit the screams.

The yelling was there when the 911 call was answered so the call didn't record the entire time George was yelling. He doesn't yell the entire time either.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 07:13:52 PM »
According to George, Martin had stopped banging his head and was trying to get him to shut up, then he saw his firearm, sat up, and gave his little speech, all while trying to suffocate George, before going for George's firearm.

Need to go back and see how those fit the screams.

It most certainly is. Have you even watched the videos?

He was shot, sat up and spoke a few words.

IMHO omitting the shot is akin to lying.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:20:35 PM by Lousy1 »

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:13 PM »
The most interesting thing about the screaming question, I once thought, is that the prosecution used Sybrina Fulton's identification as part of the Probable Cause Affidavit.  Why the heck, I thought, would they cite such an easily refutable piece of evidence?  Did they line up 10 samples of other people screaming under the same conditions and see if she could pick Trayvon's out from them?   I seriously doubt that.  Since then, I have learned, in another thread on this forum, that it didn't make any difference what evidence they cited since it is not possible in Florida to toss out a case on insufficiency of the affidavit.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 07:45:48 PM »
The only thing about W6 - and he clarifies this in his later statement - is that he only assumed the guy on the bottom was screaming. Martins' back was to him, and George's head was away from him. He wouldn't be able to *see* who was screaming.

That's not right, he could "see" his face while they were wrestling, before they moved positions. From the 3/20 transcript of W-6's interview with FDLE:

John W_6: They're struggling. That's what mean by wrestling at that point. I can't tell, you know, what is going on at that point. All I know is someone is on top of the other person and I hear "Help, help, help" yelled a couple times, and me just thinking that it is the person on the bottom yelling "help." Because, you know, just-- if anybody saw that, they probably would have thought the same thing - that the person on the bottom is yelling “Help”. If you see two guys fighting. 'Cause I couldn't see the front side of, ah, the Black male's face. But I could see partial, you know, front side of the guy on the bottom because his face was facing this way when he was pushing up, er, you know, they were wrestling on top of each other.

...Investigator: Ok. When they were laying on the ground, the person on the bottom would have been some degree facing you - I mean, flat - but facing towards you, maybe at an angle. The person on top would have been facing away.

John W_6: Away, correct

They were in one position on the grass and another when they moved to the sidewalk.

So when they were wrestling, when I said, "Cut it out," and before I turned to go inside, they moved up onto the sidewalk. And they're no longer laying this way, they were this way at that point. So they wrestled to that point.

Investigator: And, and you're showing, ah, parallel with the-- with the dog walk?

John W_6: Yeah, this is the sidewalk. They were this way when I first saw 'em wrestling, and moved to that way.

Investigator: Ok. And, and, who's in what position at the point?

John W_6: Same position at that point.

Investigator: And, and what is that?

John W_6: Ah, the guy with black sweatshirt is on top of the guy with the red or, or white sweatshirt.
And that's why I made the statement that he was hitting him on top-- Because, I mean, that's what it looked like from where I was standing. It could have been him just trying to forcefully hold the guy down, or it could be hitting him. You know, I just truly can't-- You know, after I thought-- You know, I'm thinking about it and everything. It could have been either. It's jus-- You know, I can't see that close to where they were actually at. But he was still on top with both hands, ah, either trying to hold the guy down or hitting him at that point.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 10:54:38 PM »

There is a five second gap in the screaming, from 0:34 to 0:38.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 11:26:59 PM »
Didn't Austin Brown say the man on the ground was yelling for help?

Originally or after he changed his statement? Originally it was the guy on the ground, then it was "Trayvon Martin" - I assume he was coached to say this, given he doesn't say whether the person was above or below.

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 11:27:48 PM »
He was shot, sat up and spoke a few words.

IMHO omitting the shot is akin to lying.

And I think what you're doing is equivalent to putting your hands over your ears and screaming 'la la la I'd can't hear you'. If you're not even going to attempt to have an intellectually honest debate, at least let the rest of us know.

I'll make it easy for you: 32:45 or so of this video. Paraphrasing, but: 'My shirt came up, it exposed my fire arm, and that's when he sat up and looked, and said, you're going to die tonight, and I felt him take his hand off my mouth and slide it down my chest.

So he sat up and made a little speech, all with a hand over George's mouth. Or, exactly what I said George had said earlier.

Now, I don't know about you, but if I was in a struggle on the ground and saw the guy's gun its its holster, and I was intent on getting it, I'd just, you know...reach for it. I really don't think I'd waste time by sitting up and making a little speech, thereby letting the other guy know that I had seen it.

Offline DarkSkiesRbest

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:01 PM »
There is a five second gap in the screaming, from 0:34 to 0:38.
I find it hard to believe that the only person to deliver blows that night was screaming like a banshee. Much of the fight was not recorded. I also find it hard to believe one person was silent the entire time. Based on everything I have seen so far, it was George screaming most of the time.

Site Meter
click
tracking