Author Topic: Who is screaming on the 911 call?  (Read 43973 times)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
Re: Who is screaming on the 911 call?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 11:42:26 PM »
Originally or after he changed his statement? Originally it was the guy on the ground, then it was "Trayvon Martin" - I assume he was coached to say this, given he doesn't say whether the person was above or below.

Austin Brown only saw one person, not two people. The person he saw was laying on the ground crying out for help.  He said he thought the guy's shirt was red, but after his mother got involved, she said Serino had put words in his mouth. It doesn't sound like Serino put words in his mouth listening to his interview. Serino asks him  what the guy was wearing and he says a red shirt.

Austin also says he only got to look for a few seconds. He thought the guy may have fallen and broken his leg. Serino quits questioning him so abruptedly it seems like he doesn't believe him or thinks it's not worth the effort.

Offline who007

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 01:35:29 AM »

I'll make it easy for you: 32:45 or so of this video. Paraphrasing, but: 'My shirt came up, it exposed my fire arm, and that's when he sat up and looked, and said, you're going to die tonight, and I felt him take his hand off my mouth and slide it down my chest.

What I can't figure out, is why there is no bloody TM handprint down GZ's shirt of jacket.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
W-14, Leading Questions?
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 01:40:34 AM »
It doesn't sound like Serino put words in his mouth listening to his interview.

Serino: We gotta start all over again.

It sounds like an earlier part of the interview wasn't recorded, perhaps because of a technical problem.

• Rate Post +0/-0
Blood on Clothes?
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 01:56:02 AM »
What I can't figure out, is why there is no bloody TM handprint down GZ's shirt of jacket.
I think there was blood on the shirt and the jacket, although it's not mentioned in the property log.

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 02:04:34 AM »
Property log? We don't need no stinkin' property log. Here he is the night of the shooting in the same clothes.

If you can see even a spec of blood on his shirt, jacket, jeans...you'll be the first.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 02:15:29 AM »
It might be a good idea to start a new thread for discussion of blood evidence. Since the issue of the identity of the screams will probably be important to this case, I'd like to see this thread remain open.

I'm not trying to play moderator here. Just some freindly peer advice. :) 

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 03:10:28 AM »
Austin Brown only saw one person, not two people. The person he saw was laying on the ground crying out for help.  He said he thought the guy's shirt was red, but after his mother got involved, she said Serino had put words in his mouth. It doesn't sound like Serino put words in his mouth listening to his interview. Serino asks him  what the guy was wearing and he says a red shirt.

Austin also says he only got to look for a few seconds. He thought the guy may have fallen and broken his leg. Serino quits questioning him so abruptedly it seems like he doesn't believe him or thinks it's not worth the effort.

I was going based on the two videos that were released - one where he was outside and he said the person on the ground, the other he's inside and he says that it was Trayvon.

Edit: I just listened to it, apparently I hadn't listened to that one before and I agree, but from the beginning Serino says "Gotta start all over again" so I guess an argument can be made that it happened before the recording started.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:17:37 AM by AJ »

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 06:07:41 AM »

I would have broken off the interview also; or maybe I would have asked him if he saw the screaming guy's mouth move.   If he didn't see anybody besides a guy on the ground with a red jacket, screaming, how could I take this kid seriously?  Was Martin rendered invisible by his hoodie? 

Offline JW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 06:27:08 AM »
I would have broken off the interview also; or maybe I would have asked him if he saw the screaming guy's mouth move.   If he didn't see anybody besides a guy on the ground with a red jacket, screaming, how could I take this kid seriously?  Was Martin rendered invisible by his hoodie?

I don't know exactly how close Austin was but he claimed to have only gotten a quick look. Take a look at the 7-11 video of Martin. That hoodie was pretty dark so it may have been nearly impossible to see him in the dark from a distance.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »
And I think what you're doing is equivalent to putting your hands over your ears and screaming 'la la la I'd can't hear you'. If you're not even going to attempt to have an intellectually honest debate, at least let the rest of us know.

I'll make it easy for you: 32:45 or so of this video. Paraphrasing, but: 'My shirt came up, it exposed my fire arm, and that's when he sat up and looked, and said, you're going to die tonight, and I felt him take his hand off my mouth and slide it down my chest.

So he sat up and made a little speech, all with a hand over George's mouth. Or, exactly what I said George had said earlier.

Now, I don't know about you, but if I was in a struggle on the ground and saw the guy's gun its its holster, and I was intent on getting it, I'd just, you know...reach for it. I really don't think I'd waste time by sitting up and making a little speech, thereby letting the other guy know that I had seen it.

In the renactment video he does not mention Martin rearing up until after the shot. "your going to die " is not a "speech"  neither is "Shut the Fug up"  however I am not quite sure was was said by Martin after the shot

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 06:52:38 AM »
I don't know exactly how close Austin was but he claimed to have only gotten a quick look. Take a look at the 7-11 video of Martin. That hoodie was pretty dark so it may have been nearly impossible to see him in the dark from a distance.

That was my thought also.
Depending on the angle  Martins 'shadow' may not have obstructed much of Zimmerman's upper body.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2012, 07:03:15 AM »
I was going based on the two videos that were released - one where he was outside and he said the person on the ground, the other he's inside and he says that it was Trayvon.

How would W-14 know it was Martin?

I don't believe he ever said it was Martin, as opposed to saying that he 'thought' or 'believed'. I think you are misrepresenting what he said.

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 07:08:08 AM »
Austin Brown only saw one person, not two people. The person he saw was laying on the ground crying out for help

My take is that Austin attributes the screaming to the person he saw - i.e, Austin did not see the other person therefor,  the screams had to be coming from the person he saw

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »
How would W-14 know it was Martin?

I don't believe he ever said it was Martin, as opposed to saying that he 'thought' or 'believed'. I think you are misrepresenting what he said.

It seems the original video where he was inside has been scrubbed (at least, I can't find it). The one I recall, the person he's talking to can be heard asking him the questions and at the end he asks W14 who was yelling and he says it was Trayvon (with a smile actually - the only time he smiled in the whole video). The video being found now has the interviewer cut out completely along with that question and answer. I'll keep looking for it and if I find it I'll post urls to both videos here.

Site Meter
click
tracking