Author Topic: Who is screaming on the 911 call?  (Read 39608 times)

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Who is screaming on the 911 call?
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2012, 06:56:33 AM »
Mary one of the commentators here did detailed audio analysis using professional tools and published the results ( including screen shots of some  Time Domain Analyzer)

He struck me as a neutral , and qualified analyst. As I remember he found an approximately 1 second delay after the last scream stopped and the shot. He also notice that the volume of the last few screams was muted.

Maybe someone can help find the posts?

I would like to get see his analysis.

Are you talking about mine? Here's what I think you're talking about: http://forums.talkleft.com/index.php/topic,1985.msg95112.html#msg95112

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2012, 06:59:30 AM »
You both know I'm referring to the "scream noise" after the shot, correct?
I don't hear any 'scream' after the shot, but I'm not working off a great audio set up at the moment.

Screaming after the shot would make George's claim more credible to me, since it would show he was still fearful (he says he didn't know that his shot had hit Martin at first) - since Martin can't be screaming if he apparently only said 'you got me' or something.

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2012, 07:11:42 AM »
Are you talking about mine? Here's what I think you're talking about: http://forums.talkleft.com/index.php/topic,1985.msg95112.html#msg95112

Could you re-post the image? The image link is returning a bad url

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2012, 07:20:52 AM »
Could you re-post the image? The image link is returning a bad url

Use the URL right below that post - I didn't hit the modify button in time to fix it.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
I assume if it's true, someone else has noticed it, but when I open the scream 911 call in Audacity and select the region from 36.811 to 37.787 (typing it in, using seconds and millisecond format), I think I can hear words being spoken.  I'm not certain what they are, and I won't say what I think they might be in order not to influence anyone else who wants to try it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:07:27 PM by MJW »

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2012, 02:13:41 PM »
I remember early on reading that at least one witness reported hearing calmer words being spoken by someone other than the screamer.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »
The words I think I might hear don't sound calm.

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »
Tell me tell me tell me!

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2012, 02:46:26 PM »
Tell me tell me tell me!

I think I hear.

We'll get right back to our scheduled broadcast, right after....

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2012, 02:53:51 PM »
I assume if it's true, someone else has noticed it, but when I open the scream 911 call in Audacity and select the region from 36.811 to 37.787 (typing it in, using seconds and millisecond format), I think I can hear words being spoken.  I'm not certain what they are, and I won't say what I think they might be in order not to influence anyone else who wants to try it.
I could be convinced it's anything from 'trolololol' to the sound of the dispatcher typing to someone reciting a recipe for an egg salad sandwich. In other words, I hear nutin'. Maybe others with better sound equipment can pitch in.

Possible something is there. People still insist they hear GZ say 'effin g--ns' when I just hear 'effin' punks', and I thought GZ was saying 'keys are in my truck' when it seems like he's saying 'you'll see my by my truck' or something. So who knows?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »
Tell me tell me tell me!

I'll at least I wait for a few more people to listen to it.  I'm reasonably convinced I hear three shouted syllables.  I'm much less certain about what's being said.  It's so easy to hear what you expect to hear.  When I listen to the last scream at about 43.44, I hear "Help!"; but when AJ said it's "Stop!" I could also hear that.  (I still think it's more likely "Help!")
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:06:36 PM by MJW »

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2012, 03:04:04 PM »
People hear what they want/expect to hear. Some examples.

http://www.kissthisguy.com/funny.php

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »
Common sense tells me that the loser of an altercation/scuffle/fight would be calling for help.  After the gunshot, there is no reason to yell anymore.

That said, I don't know who is yelling for help.  All I know is that is not the voice of a young boy.  It could be either of them. 

It is still one of the saddest things I have ever listened to...

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »
Common sense tells me that the loser of an altercation/scuffle/fight would be calling for help.  After the gunshot, there is no reason to yell anymore.

Yeah, GZ's injuries combined with witnesses placing him on the bottom will likely convince most jurists (IMO) in the absence of any contradicting evidence (none that I know of). The reason it's such an issue is because it's such strong evidence of fear. Almost terror. That's why those that want GZ convicted try so hard to find theories to explain how it might be TM screaming. But AFAIK in the absence of evidence saying it's TM the benefit of the doubt favors GZ. Is that right?

Offline Mary2012

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »
That's her fiancee, Jeremy. She is W-11 and he is W-20.

After the gunshot they ran upstairs. He was slow and she called to him. At one point you hear her say 'get up here.' After they were upstairs she told him to stay away from the windows.

Mary Cutcher also called to Selma Lamilla, causing the dispatcher to ask if she had a child. She said her child was across the street.

I believe Austin was the only minor in the homes from which 911 calls were made. One of the children of W-1 or W-2 (house-sharing sisters who didn't call) was present with a friend. I picture them as teenagers, but I don't remember if there was any actual indication of how old they are.

Thanks NoMatter!  Not long after I posted, the thought occurred to me that maybe this was the call from the home of the couple & sought out a fuller version to listen to.  For some reason it didn't register with me earlier just listening to the short version (333maxwell's) but initially, when the audios were first released, I had in mind it might've been a scream of some kind from a (quite young) kid in the house (perhaps reacting to such a loud sound?).  Now after listening to the short version, I'm not sure what it is.  Once I'd heard the police had identified all the extraneous sounds, I must've put the entire matter aside thinking we'd get their results at some point but I've not come across it in any of the discovery and of course, maybe it was just rumor, too.

Site Meter
click
tracking