Author Topic: Who is screaming on the 911 call?  (Read 39017 times)

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Re: Who is screaming on the 911 call?
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
In other words--there's nothing at all that can happen, be said or be shown to you--save surveillance video from the Snoopy blimp or a passing UFO--that will convince you, you're either a hard core GZ is guilty guy or you just plain like to argue.

The latter is probably preferable to the former.  :o

But he is not very good at the latter.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »
And I call baloney - after being told how George would be addled and woozy from being punched and all, yet George's mind was so finely calibrated that he knew in a fraction of a second that he was no longer in danger of death? Even tho he states that he didn't know initially that his shot hit Martin?
Sounds like you've been fortunate to live a very sheltered, uneventful life.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2012, 08:19:48 PM »
But he is not very good at the latter.

But he thinks he is. That's what's important. Or something.

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2012, 08:21:52 PM »
And I call baloney - after being told how George would be addled and woozy from being punched and all, yet George's mind was so finely calibrated that he knew in a fraction of a second that he was no longer in danger of death? Even tho he states that he didn't know initially that his shot hit Martin?

I take it you've never heard a loud sudden noise suddenly cause silence in the room?  Why would anyone who has assume this case would be any different?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2012, 08:26:24 PM »
In other words--there's nothing at all that can happen, be said or be shown to you--save surveillance video from the Snoopy blimp or a passing UFO--that will convince you, you're either a hard core GZ is guilty guy or you just plain like to argue.

I'm convinced that some people, shown a movie of events transpiring the way Zimmerman describes, with camera angles covering all the relevant angles and microphones capturing every word uttered, would still find him guilty.  He got out of the truck.

All the room for conjecture about the fight just increases the number of angles for condemning Zimmerman.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »
The part I don't understand (and this isn't related to the screaming but is sort of related to your post) is the people who post here who say 'look how George changed his story!'
So they give us the examples. Here he said he was hit and fell down. Then the next time he says he fell down right after he was hit...see! It's not the same story!

I don't get it. I read those examples and okay, they aren't word for word, but it's the same thing. He got hit in the face and fell on his tuchas.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2012, 08:50:20 PM »
I'm convinced that some people, shown a movie of events transpiring the way Zimmerman describes, with camera angles covering all the relevant angles and microphones capturing every word uttered, would still find him guilty.  He got out of the truck.

Does Corey post here?

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2012, 09:08:58 PM »
The part I don't understand (and this isn't related to the screaming but is sort of related to your post) is the people who post here who say 'look how George changed his story!'
So they give us the examples. Here he said he was hit and fell down. Then the next time he says he fell down right after he was hit...see! It's not the same story!

I don't get it. I read those examples and okay, they aren't word for word, but it's the same thing. He got hit in the face and fell on his tuchas.

When issuing multiple statements the likely hood of a discrepancy increased factorially with the number of statements. compare  1 vs 2 , 2 vs 3 1 vs 3 etc.

That's why I think its important that the GZ team construct a detailed timeline using all the available material.

They can present the model with a forensic evidence expert ( No George required). After that they only need to deal with any presumed discrepancies between one  statement and the master model.

Otherwise they potentially need to with lot of presumed discrepancies between one statement and all other statements.

Then again is questionable if the statements will even be introduced. The prosecution says they will force the defense to introduce the evidence. I wonder what they plan to present?

BTW my spell checker has some problems with tuchas  :D

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »

Except for the next day re-enactment where he gets hit and stumbles around for a while and only winds up on the ground after traveling 30 some feet south of where he got hit.

It's not exactly the same.

Perhaps inconsistencies are understandable under the circumstances, but they are still inconsistencies.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2012, 09:36:57 PM »
From the interview with Hannity:

HANNITY: And he said those words? And he said it -- when did he first see your gun?

ZIMMERMAN: After we were on the ground, I shimmied with him on top of me, and it made my jacket rise up. He, being on top of me, saw it on my right side.

HANNITY: What happened after that?

ZIMMERMAN: I felt him take -- he had -- after he couldn't hit my head on the concrete anymore, he started to try to suffocate me. And I continued to take -- push his hands off of my mouth and my nose, particularly because it was excruciating having a broken nose and him putting his weight on it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/07/18/exclusive-george-zimmerman-breaks-silence-hannity?page=4#ixzz212H4iNmN

In an earlier interview, Zimmerman said Martin was about to bang his head into the concrete again before he fired.  Can anybody hear any of this description of the smothering in the screams just before the shot?  Also, apparently Zimmerman didn't do that good a job of scratching Martin's hands in trying to get them off his mouth.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2012, 10:21:58 PM »
From the interview with Hannity:

In an earlier interview, Zimmerman said Martin was about to bang his head into the concrete again before he fired.  Can anybody hear any of this description of the smothering in the screams just before the shot?  Also, apparently Zimmerman didn't do that good a job of scratching Martin's hands in trying to get them off his mouth.

He said he was trying to  push TM's hands off of his face.  Where do you get "scratching" from?

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2012, 11:12:01 PM »
Sounds like you've been fortunate to live a very sheltered, uneventful life.
Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick.

If you only knew.

In an earlier interview, Zimmerman said Martin was about to bang his head into the concrete again before he fired.  Can anybody hear any of this description of the smothering in the screams just before the shot? 
Yes, he says this in one of the interviews, but I think he will probably try to walk this one back. It's pretty hard to slam someone's head into the cement when a) I thought TM was going for the gun, and b) one of TM's arms was pinned, remember?

In the Hannity interview he's punched more than a dozen times. Boy, his face is in pretty good shape.

And nothing to do with the case, but....if I had shot an unarmed, obviously not-about-to-rape-and-pillage-the-neighborhood 17yr old kid, regardless of why I ended up pulling the trigger...wouldn't you feel sorry for the chain of events? If he doesn't get out of the car, both guys end up going home. I don't get how he can say he doesn't regret getting out of the car. A kid ended up dead.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:26:01 PM by dragon ash »

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2012, 11:37:58 PM »
DebFrmHell - damn, sounds like you went through a right ordeal.  Looks like you got through to the other side, which I'm glad of.

When you were attacked - that's a really traumatic experience. Hyperventilating, adrenaline rush, lingering and residue shock/fear - that doesn't go away quickly does it?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »
DebFrmHell - damn, sounds like you went through a right ordeal.  Looks like you got through to the other side, which I'm glad of.

When you were attacked - that's a really traumatic experience. Hyperventilating, adrenaline rush, lingering and residue shock/fear - that doesn't go away quickly does it?
I can honestly say the memory of the circumstances never goes away. The details of getting my arse kicked, well, I was never really up to speed on but from what others told me.    I don't recall hyperventilating at all, out of breath yes, since they were quite physical.  I don't remembering screaming out either.  Getting beat up is an adrenaline rush only because of the fear.  Take away the fear and you settle.  Frankly,  I think shock took over.  I remember crying later.  Pity Party.  (That cost me points in my personal values code!)  I hate crying.

I hope I answered your questions but I think we should drop this.  Jeralyn gets upset when things get too personal.  And we are way off topic.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2012, 06:26:01 AM »
He said he was trying to  push TM's hands off of his face.  Where do you get "scratching" from?

You would expect scratches on Martin's hands if Zimmerman was pushing his fingertips under Martin's hands in order to get them off his face.  How else could you get them off?

Site Meter
click
tracking