Author Topic: Decoding the Event Reports  (Read 2937 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Decoding the Event Reports
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 08:54:22 PM »
I'm confused by the creation time for W6. The connection time is 7:17:15, and based on the connection time and the length of the call, the call ended at about 7:19:04. Yet the creation time is 7:20:43, and all the listed events have times following that. . . . I think it's strange that the call taker would enter the information more than a minute and a half after the call was over.

I looked through part of the log of Zimmerman's calls, comparing connection/creation gaps. I found them as short as one second and as long as three minutes.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 11:00:17 PM »
Sometimes the officer calls in after he’s already on scene and says “show me as on scene.” Since the report can't skip a function, it makes simultaneous entries for the multiple functions.

Why does 1671 show Raimondo (S0202) arriving 2 seconds after being dispatched? (DIS 19:20:46, ARV 19:20:48, p. 14 of 7th Supplemental.)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 11:57:06 PM »
I looked through part of the log of Zimmerman's calls, comparing connection/creation gaps. I found them as short as one second and as long as three minutes.

I have no problem understanding why the creation time is later than the connection time, as long as it's sometime within the span of the call, since the call taker may listen and interact for some time before entering the first event. But the creation time for W6's call was over a minute and a half after the call was completed.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 12:24:00 AM »
I'm working on tracking Smith through 1656 and 1671.

Here's what I've got.

7:13:27  Smith dispatched and en route to 1111 RVC (clubhouse).

7:17:11 Smith arrived at clubhouse.

7:17:36  Smith dispatched to location not recorded.

7:17:40  Smith arrived at same location, still not recorded, 4 seconds after dispatch.

7:19:43  Dispatcher Cresswell remarked 1 AT GUN POINIT (sic).

7:21:44  Smith ETO (don't know what that means; not explained here). Remark repeats S2711 [Smith] ETO, adds BEHIND (redacted) RETREAT VIEW. This seems to be a belated report that Smith has left his vehicle and entered a back yard.

Smith ETO behind a redacted RVC address at 7:21:44 is repeated on the next line by Cresswell.

7:21:46  Smith AAT at redacted RVC address, also repeated on the next line by Cresswell.

Smith isn't going anywhere until he transports Zimmerman, so I'll stop here.

It looks to me like 2821 RVC could be the second location Zimmerman was dispatched to. The alternate location would be behind the house as opposed to in front of it. But Smith wasn't behind 2821 when he took Zimmerman into custody. Most likely he was behind 2861.

AFAIK, there are still no available unredacted versions of the Event Reports or the radio traffic.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
It looks to me like 2821 RVC could be the second location Zimmerman was dispatched to.

I meant Smith, of course.

Site Meter
click
tracking