Author Topic: Forensic Testing  (Read 2141 times)

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
Forensic Testing
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
I was wondering what  pieces of evidence the defense might want to have forensic tests done on. A few possibilities:

- DNA analysis on several stains came back as inconclusive. Are there more comprehensive tests that could be done?

- I don't recall any results for either Trayvon's or George's pants being mentioned in the discovery. Might having them looked at again reveal something? Were there grass stains on Trayvon's knees or on the back of George's pants, as examples.

- IIRC finger prints from what's been presented as Trayvon's phone were never taken. Might be too late or of no consequence.

- Trayvon's blood had THC in it. Was there THC in Trayvon's fingernail scrapings or indications of other drugs or chemicals?

- Were there any traces of drugs or chemicals in Trayvon's pockets?

- Was the plastic 7-11 bag, that's believed to be the bag Trayvon had the drink in, tested for fingerprints? (Not sure if it was put into evidence or not)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Forensic Testing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »
- Was the plastic 7-11 bag, that's believed to be the bag Trayvon had the drink in, tested for fingerprints? (Not sure if it was put into evidence or not)

The tan plastic bag is DMS-3, object marker #2 (6/184).

The white plastic bag with 'suspected blood evidence', presumably the one used to seal Martin's wound, is DMS-4, object marker #3.

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:51:19 PM »
I always wondered about Trayvons watch. There is nothing that I recall in the report about testing it for Blood/DNA. George had numerous abrasions about his head and face that could have come about as a result of the watch scraping his skin. The cut on his nose may have also been a result of the watch scraping it. I can't believe they didn't test it.

I also always wondered why they never attempted to go to the spot on the sidewalk where George said his head was hit against. George said that at the scene right, I think? Well, again, even though it was intermittent rain that night, they could have at least checked for blood and try to get a sample and photographs.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:57:33 PM by DiwataMan »

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 05:07:28 PM »
What about fiber cross transfer? If I were the defense I would want to know if there are fibers from George's clothes on the inner pant legs belonging to Trayvon and any fibers from Trayvons pants on the outer sides of George's pant's and possibly jacket, shirt and belt. This would help bolster the claim of the straddle position Trayvon had over George.

See, I watch a lot of the shows Snapped, Forensic Files, etc., so I know about these things  ::) ;D ;)

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 05:30:06 PM »
I also always wondered why they never attempted to go to the spot on the sidewalk where George said his head was hit against. George said that at the scene right, I think?

I don't think so. The reports say that Zimmerman said the suspect attacked him, he called for help, no one came to help, and he shot the suspect in self-defense.

Zimmerman wasn't questioned at the scene. He wasn't Mirandized until Singleton interviewed him. I don't think he mentioned the head banging, much less pointed out the spot.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 05:55:31 PM »

See, I watch a lot of the shows Snapped, Forensic Files, etc., so I know about these things  ::) ;D ;)

But without a long Who instrumental and whipping off your sunglasses just so, it's all worthless.

It would be nice if they'd cropdusted the entire area with Luminol, though.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:41:57 PM »
Was the plastic 7-11 bag, that's believed to be the bag Trayvon had the drink in, tested for fingerprints?

Why would the defense want to do that? If tests show Zimmerman handled the bag, that's just one more thing he didn't mention to the SPD.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 03:57:29 AM »
If I were the defense I would want to know if there are fibers from George's clothes on the inner pant legs belonging to Trayvon and any fibers from Trayvons pants on the outer sides of George's pant's and possibly jacket, shirt and belt.

Those tests were ordered (pp. 4-5/262).

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 05:43:22 AM »
I don't think so. The reports say that Zimmerman said the suspect attacked him, he called for help, no one came to help, and he shot the suspect in self-defense.

Zimmerman wasn't questioned at the scene. He wasn't Mirandized until Singleton interviewed him. I don't think he mentioned the head banging, much less pointed out the spot.
Serino stated that it was the "concrete thing" that caused some of the injury, I take that to mean the utility cover in  the grass. Could that have been taken into evidence? In some photos it is broken and in others it is pristine.

2/29, tape 1:
You do have injuries, however. Um, how did he manage to bang your head, and, OK, correct me if I misunderstood what you said here as far as slamming the head into the concrete. Into the cement thing. How’d he do that?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:57:17 AM by AghastInFL »

Site Meter
click
tracking