Author Topic: Motion to Disqualify Lester  (Read 30351 times)

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Motion to Disqualify Lester
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2012, 08:52:05 AM »
That's not what you said. 

Here is what you said:

"The State of Florida built its entire monetary argument on a bank statement which was not printed until eleven days after the first bond hearing."

That is incorrect.
 It appears you may be unfamiliar with the fact O'Mara himself said over 200,000 was there. He admitted it, and noted GZ knew it was there.  This came after the first bond hearing on the 20th, and before the subsequent media hearing on the 27th, where O was forced to relay that bit of tragic news to the judge.

O also said $50,000 of that $200,000+ raised had already been used for "security and living arrangements." (and as we found out later, to pay off debts, swish money around between accounts and
give the wife now charged with perjury some big fat pockets of walking-around money.

I see you forgot to include the cite for O'Mara saying there was over 200K. Oversight on your part, right?

And really...swish money between accounts...big fat pockets of walking-around money....really?

That's offensive and wrong and I imagine will result in your post being deleted.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »
Receive donations over $200,000, spend some, have $135.000 left over.

Doesn't mean the the perjury charges against her don't smell of setup, though.
Not true; the forensic accountant detailed the funds, the total amount of funds received did not add to over 200K until well after the bond hearing when they were surrendered to O'Mara.
Check it yourself:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/97438975/George-Zimmerman-s-Bank-Records

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2012, 09:31:06 AM »
That's not what you said.
Bovine Feces.

Here is what you said:

"The State of Florida built its entire monetary argument on a bank statement which was not printed until eleven days after the first bond hearing."

That is incorrect.
It is absolutely correct see the bank records attached below and note the date at the top of the page.
It appears you may be unfamiliar with the fact O'Mara himself said over 200,000 was there. He admitted it, and noted GZ knew it was there.  This came after the first bond hearing on the 20th, and before the subsequent media hearing on the 27th, where O was forced to relay that bit of tragic news to the judge.
<snip>
Dates.
Dates are the important aspect you are incapable of understanding.
The donations did accumulate to a total of 204K, BUT they did not start there. They grew from a zero balance daily in small increments. I quickly paraphrased just how quickly in my original post for more detail see the statement. The total value of the Zimmerman's account on April 19th (the start of business April 20th) is listed by the State and on the bank account statements i will attach below, the simple fact is the value of the account was not over 200K on the 20th of April it was in fact far short of that amount.
Stop arguing and read it yourself the daily balances are shown:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:36:02 AM by AghastInFL »

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2012, 10:53:11 AM »

O also said $50,000 of that $200,000+ raised had already been used for "security and living arrangements." (and as we found out later, to pay off debts, swish money around between accounts and
give the wife now charged with perjury some big fat pockets of walking-around money.
That is not correct Fifty Thousand was reserved for.... not already used for. The forensic accountant at the second bond hearing testified regards the PayPal account and expenditures the facts he reported included:
On April 20, there was $130,000 under Zimmerman control. 

Also attested under oath:
$12,100 spent on household expenses, $13,000 still remained in Zimmerman accounts. 
Records (receipts, statements) exist to legitimize the $12,100 expenditures. 
Repayment of debt was about $11,340. 
Credit cards, personal loan of about $4,500.

PayPal account was active for 11 days, is technically still active and has a current balance of $700.
Net value $197,567.91

Those expenses listed under oath in total add to $27,940 not 50K or more.

Offline who007

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »
I see you forgot to include the cite for O'Mara saying there was over 200K. Oversight on your part, right?

And really...swish money between accounts...big fat pockets of walking-around money....really?

That's offensive and wrong and I imagine will result in your post being deleted.

I thought it was common knowledge here.  At least it should be, to anyone who has followed the case.

"He asked me what to do with his PayPal accounts and I asked him what he was talking about," O'Mara told Anderson Cooper. "And he said those were the accounts that had the money from the website he had. And there was about 200, $204,000 that had come in to date."

Donations pour in to Trayvon Martin's killer - CNN.com

Zimmerman collected about $204,000 in donations through the website, but did not disclose the contributions during his bond hearing last week, according to his attorney, Mark O'Mara.

Judge delays decision on Zimmerman contributions - CNN

Zimmerman has also reportedly spent some of the contributions on living expenses. About $150,000 remains, O’Mara said Friday.

Zimmerman Keeps $200K…..For Now « CBS Atlanta

We found out in subsequent reports where some of that money was spent, and yes, it was moved around accounts, and from Shellie and George's own mouth it was used by her as spending money. 

Have  you read transcripts/listened to the jailhouse recordings?

Offline who007

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »
Bovine Feces.
  It is absolutely correct see the bank records attached below and note the date at the top of the page.Dates.
Dates are the important aspect you are incapable of understanding.
The donations did accumulate to a total of 204K, BUT they did not start there. They grew from a zero balance daily in small increments. I quickly paraphrased just how quickly in my original post for more detail see the statement. The total value of the Zimmerman's account on April 19th (the start of business April 20th) is listed by the State and on the bank account statements i will attach below, the simple fact is the value of the account was not over 200K on the 20th of April it was in fact far short of that amount.
Stop arguing and read it yourself the daily balances are shown:

Yes, because they spent some of it.

That shows bank and credit union records.  Are the Paypal transactions record shown there, directly from Paypal?  I don't see it if it is. 

There was approx. 204,000.00 in the Peter Pan Paypal Account. What happened to it?

You do know money can be transferred to other accounts through PP, right?

There was only a few days after the original bond hearing and the day O'Mara said he was shutting it down. (23rd? 24th?).  Are you saying that he raised nearly 70,000.00 in those few days? If so, where is your proof of that? 

Serious question:  Have the actual PayPal records been released?  I don't believe we have seen them.  I could be wrong though.

Offline who007

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »
That is not correct Fifty Thousand was reserved for.... not already used for.
Ahem:

O’Mara says about a quarter of the money that was to go to Zimmerman’s defense is instead being used to pay for his client’s security and living expenses while he’s in hiding. Zimmerman has been laying low since being released on bail after his arrest for the shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

His lawyer says just under $50,000 of the more than $200,000 raised on the site was used for security and living arrangements. The lawyer says the other $150,000 from the site has been turned over to an independent administrator to manage. Zimmerman’s next pretrial court date is August 8th.

Zimmerman Using Thousands Of Donated Defense Funds For Living Expenses « CBS Atlanta

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2012, 05:08:22 PM »
Here are the account documents and explanation on the finances that O'Mara filed with the court.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the motion to disqualify Lester. If your comment isn't related to that topic, please take it to another thread.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2012, 07:29:35 PM »
I'm not sure what this has to do with the motion to disqualify Lester. If your comment isn't related to that topic, please take it to another thread.

It is related, because in its response to O'Mara's petition for a writ of prohibition, the state made factual claims about how much was in the account, which some commenters dispute.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2012, 06:04:41 AM »
Yes, because they spent some of it.
see previous reply #108
<snip>
There was approx. 204,000.00 in the Peter Pan Paypal Account. What happened to it?
see previous reply #108

You do know money can be transferred to other accounts through PP, right?
see previous reply #108 all monies accounted for.

There was only a few days after the original bond hearing and the day O'Mara said he was shutting it down. (23rd? 24th?).  Are you saying that he raised nearly 70,000.00 in those few days? If so, where is your proof of that?
Forensic Accountant testified to the date as April 25, that is six business days and exactly congruent with the rate of growth throughout the life of the account.
Serious question:  Have the actual PayPal records been released?  I don't believe we have seen them.  I could be wrong though.
They were attested to in open court and detailed in the filings here:
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Notice%20of%20Filing%207%2013%2012.pdf
h/t TalkLeft

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2012, 02:29:31 PM »
The petition is granted.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Motion to Disqualify Lester (Granted new judge)
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2012, 02:40:16 PM »
Accordingly, we direct the trial judge to enter an order of disqualification which requests the chief circuit judge to appoint a successor judge.

http://www.5dca.org/Clerk/George%20Zimmerman%2012-3198/5D12-3198.op.pdf

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »
The petition is granted.

I am glad for him.  I thought Judge Lester leaned heavily towards the prosecution.   A pair of fresh eyes should help in the self-defense (Dennis?) hearing.  Do we know who is next on the list of possible replacements?  I wish they could find a retired judge to sit.  All of the active judges are elected officials.

If he were to prevail during a Dennis hearing, that elected judge would be unelected next time around...  IMO.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »
The petition is granted.

WooHoo! See ya later, Lester!

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »
It was short and sweet, too.

Site Meter