Author Topic: Crime Scene Sketch  (Read 24718 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Crime Scene Sketch
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 04:31:10 AM »
Just as a friendly and self-moderating reminder, we should probably keep this discussion to the sketch itself and what can be gleaned from it. . . . That's just my opinion though

It's mine, too.

I know I don't have room to talk in this department, but I want to say I think we all can work a little harder to keep the threads on topic.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2012, 05:48:13 AM »
do i see 2 measurements on #6, 39.1 and 45.4 = 6ft 4in ?

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 06:03:58 AM »

Yes. OM-6 is Mr. Martin's body, one for his head and one for his feet.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2012, 06:41:13 AM »
Using the sketch meas. and a basic formula with a GE visual estimate i come up with TM's head being 33.7ft directly south of the concrete sidewalk's southern edge.

I think that's going to be fairly accurate.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »
33.7ft, assuming the measurement that looks like 27.1 is actually 37.1.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 07:12:51 AM »

Just to be accurate, that would be 6'3", but I really doubt the measurements done by SPD would be that dead on accurate, I think the margin of error would at least be a few inches on any one measurement.  I think TM is certainly taller than 6', but I wouldn't base it on these measurements.

It does appear this shows the body location to be roughly 30' - 35' from the T (head to toe).  This I assume would be the final resting place for the body and not where they were located when the shot occurred or before he was rolled over to do CPR. 

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2012, 07:22:16 AM »
33.7ft, assuming the measurement that looks like 27.1 is actually 37.1.

The typed measurements are in the PDF, I'll outline them here:

Key: OM#, Pillar A, Pillar B
1, 29.2, 50.8
2, 29.7, 33.8
3, 22.0, 20.3
4, 22.0, 11.2
5, 38.0, 32.6
6(H), 39.1, 37.1
6(F), 45.4, 39.4
7, 40.7, 30.6
8, 41.1, 35.9

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 07:52:42 AM »
Thanks AJ,   27.1 didn't figure with the other measurements, so 75.6 inches long, who knows maybe the person made an extra effort to be precise.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 08:43:57 AM »
Just to be accurate, that would be 6'3", but I really doubt the measurements done by SPD would be that dead on accurate, I think the margin of error would at least be a few inches on any one measurement.  I think TM is certainly taller than 6', but I wouldn't base it on these measurements.

It does appear this shows the body location to be roughly 30' - 35' from the T (head to toe).  This I assume would be the final resting place for the body and not where they were located when the shot occurred or before he was rolled over to do CPR. 

Yes your right i'm sure there was some substantial movement after the shot, but the measurements could have been precise...it depends on the effort, the measurements are not in inches but decimals hence TM is 75.6in or 6.3 feet, i'd asume they shot a theodolite/lazer to the the pillars.

I haven't seen any footage but i'm sure Sanford is up to date...i think?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »

Yes your right i'm sure there was some substantial movement after the shot, but the measurements could have been precise...it depends on the effort, the measurements are not in inches but decimals hence TM is 75.6in or 6.3 feet, i'd asume they shot a theodolite/lazer to the the pillars.

I haven't seen any footage but i'm sure Sanford is up to date...i think?

I am not sure I am reading what ya'll are discussing but I believe in the Autopsy Report that Trayvon Martin is 5'11" not well over 6 feet.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 11:36:30 AM »
I am not sure I am reading what ya'll are discussing but I believe in the Autopsy Report that Trayvon Martin is 5'11" not well over 6 feet.

Maybe his toes are pointed, "tippy toe" like.  The scene dimensioning isn't an accurate method of determining a person's height, in any event.  Good enough to recreate the scene within a couple inches, and that's probably close enough should some analytical need arise.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2012, 11:53:42 AM »
Maybe his toes are pointed, "tippy toe" like.  The scene dimensioning isn't an accurate method of determining a person's height, in any event.  Good enough to recreate the scene within a couple inches, and that's probably close enough should some analytical need arise.
I love ya like a brother/sister but I don't think a body can go all "tippy toed." 

I do admire these people who can do this kind of math.  I am an ignoramus when it comes to math.  I had to look up the floor plans of the townhouses and a limited knowledge of easements to come up with my estimate. 

There are only one or two occasions when inches matter...  For  me, one of them is pulling into a parking space.  [/lols]

Offline JW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 04:50:04 PM »

I agree. Thanks to you guys for doing the math on the measurements done by SPD. I don't think estimating by Google maps ia very accurate within feet anyway. It is easy to see why they would travel that way because of the downhill lay of the land. If someone were to stumble it would be in that direction.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »
GE tool would be accurate within a foot or better in this case, from the sidewalk to his body, since the pillars are to the east and the T to the north it makes an estimate fairly accurate, do a test on your yard or house and you'll see what i mean.

Offline spectator

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »

I know this is splitting hairs, but TM's length could be extremely accurate, it just depends if it was theodolite shot to a reflector, i'm assuming it was,  the device also has a vertical sight , it would only take 10 seconds or so to come up with his length within 1/10 of an inch accuracy, it's quickly and easily done without touching evidence, one pic looks like the shoe was close to vertical. Do you think it was a coincidence his body lines up to the north pillar?, i believe that particular pillar was used because of Trayvon's angle, that also is the spot where i would take the reading, there is a slight azimuth involved but it would be negligible.

Anywho i can't say what method or effort was used that night.

Site Meter
click
tracking