Author Topic: MOM knew that Zimmerman had at least 37k in his paypal account?  (Read 5293 times)

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
Zimmerman tells his friend that he told his new attorney, Mark O’Mara, that he tried to transfer $37,000 from his online legal defense fund site, but could not complete the transaction because of PayPal rules that prevent transfers larger than $10,000.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/16/2898502_p2/jail-call-says-defense-attorney.html

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: MOM knew that Zimmerman had at least 37k in his paypal account?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »
Dang, probably should have put this under the Zimmerman Bond category. Sorry.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:41:07 PM »
How could the prosecution possibly have missed this? They wanted Zimmerman in jail and disliked by the judge but they wanted to protect O'Mara? Maybe they like O'Mara because he is a push-over or maybe something else?

Zimmerman needs a new lawyer.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »
How could the prosecution possibly have missed this? They wanted Zimmerman in jail and disliked by the judge but they wanted to protect O'Mara? Maybe they like O'Mara because he is a push-over or maybe something else?

Maybe the person listening got coffee during this part. Maybe they didn't listen to them at all but some guy paid to listen to the calls told them about the "code" and missed this. I haven't listened to the relevant call yet but it can be found here:

http://axiomamnesia.com/2012/07/16/zimmerman-attorney-mark-omara-knew-37k-attempted-transfer-bond-hearing/

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »

After thinking about this more, the likely reason the prosecution conveniently ignored this particular call is because it shows Zimmerman's true intent in transferring less than 10k at a time. The state could no longer make their specious claim that the less than 10k transfers showed deceitful intent since he clearly mentions the paypal limit as the reason.

Offline JoeMenardo

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »
After thinking about this more, the likely reason the prosecution conveniently ignored this particular call is because it shows Zimmerman's true intent in transferring less than 10k at a time. The state could no longer make their specious claim that the less than 10k transfers showed deceitful intent since he clearly mentions the paypal limit as the reason.

There was a limit from his Paypal -> his Credit Union account.  There was no limit I am aware of from is credit Union account -> his wifes credit union account. 

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 03:35:09 PM »

At the first bond hearing Shellie Zimmerman was asked how much money was in the account. She said she wasn't sure and gave the name of someone who did know.

OMara did not know than answer either although he knew of at least 37k in the account. What did he do wrong?

Offline papi

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »
I am not 100% sure of this, because I have never had more than 10k in my paypal account but I understand it there is $500 per month limit until you verify your bank account, ID and tax information, then you can transfer as much as you want into your own account.  The 10k limit only applies to sending the funds to a third party.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
I am not 100% sure of this, because I have never had more than 10k in my paypal account but I understand it there is $500 per month limit until you verify your bank account, ID and tax information, then you can transfer as much as you want into your own account.  The 10k limit only applies to sending the funds to a third party.

Does anyone besides me, think this defies logic. The State of Florida contends that Zimmerman conspired to evade Florida's scrutiny by offering evidence gathered from a phone that was clearly being recorded by the State of Florida

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 04:35:29 PM »

"If your account is Verified, there’s no limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. You can send up to $10,000 in a single transaction. (This amount can vary, though, depending on your currency.)

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpcenter/article/?currentIssueID=11196&m=SRE

Offline who007

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »
Does anyone besides me, think this defies logic. The State of Florida contends that Zimmerman conspired to evade Florida's scrutiny by offering evidence gathered from a phone that was clearly being recorded by the State of Florida

I don't think logic and Zimmerman have ever been a harmonious couple.

Offline papi

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 08:36:31 PM »
"If your account is Verified, there’s no limit on the total amount of money you can send from your account. You can send up to $10,000 in a single transaction. (This amount can vary, though, depending on your currency.)

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpcenter/article/?currentIssueID=11196&m=SRE
Ok, I recently had to verify my account, the withdrawal limit on my unverified account was $500 a month (I understand this amount can vary).  After verifying there is now no limit on transfers or withdrawals. So I can send an unlimited amount per month but a per transaction limit of $10,000 applies.  I would assume though that that per transaction limit would not apply to a withdrawal to my own verified bank account.  I am not about to move over 10k into my account to verify this though.

Any heavy ebay users know this for sure?

I would also guess if you attempted to move anything approaching 100k from paypal you would need to get the account verified.

Site Meter
click
tracking