Author Topic: Is O'Mara Good  (Read 9260 times)

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Is O'Mara Good
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 07:17:46 AM »
Is Walters really the best source for unbiased news and opinion?

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 07:28:57 AM »
Well if she claimed GZ repeatedly slammed her head into the turnbuckle, then gave her the Irish whip,
then leaped off the top rope for the pin, I probably wouldn't believe her.

How did I know what your answer would be? :D

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 07:34:21 AM »
Is Walters really the best source for unbiased news and opinion?
Has Team Zimmerman denied her claim?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:05 AM »
Well if she claimed GZ repeatedly slammed her head into the turnbuckle, then gave her the Irish whip,
then leaped off the top rope for the pin, I probably wouldn't believe her.

How did I know what your answer would be? :D

Yeah, but is it because of this case or is it from watching her work for the past few decades?  8) ;D

Meh. I couldn't tell you exactly when my first memory of Walters is from, but I know I've never been impressed by her journalism skills--to the point where if she suddenly broke ranks and came out strongly for George I'd have to take a few days to reexamine the evidence.
LMAO!

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 07:41:32 AM »
Has Team Zimmerman denied her claim?

I actually think O'Mara clarified it some.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
I'd have to question Walters' statement that MOM wanted Z to do the interview with her.  I can't imagine any lawyer would want a client who has been charged with murder to ever say anything public.  I'd have to assume MOM went to the Hannity interview kicking and screaming.

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 07:58:51 AM »
I'd have to question Walters' statement that MOM wanted Z to do the interview with her.  I can't imagine any lawyer would want a client who has been charged with murder to ever say anything public.  I'd have to assume MOM went to the Hannity interview kicking and screaming.

Yes, but trying to back out at the last minute if certain conditions weren't met i'm guessing wasn't MOM's idea either.

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 08:12:20 AM »
True - but I'm guessing MOM realized that the reason Walters turned them down could go public. Doesn't really look good if the demand was a month-long hotel stay for someone not being interviewed.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 08:19:34 AM »
If the truth were widely known about his demand, it would help his cause more than doing the interview.  I mean who isn't going to sympathize with a man trying to provide shelter and protection for his wife?

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 09:03:23 AM »

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
If the truth were widely known about his demand, it would help his cause more than doing the interview.  I mean who isn't going to sympathize with a man trying to provide shelter and protection for his wife?

That depends on just how expensive a room we're talking, and what limits, if any, on room service.

Since Walters has refused to comment publicly on what the demand/request/condition/whatever was, not only do we not know the answer to my first sentence, we don't even know if it's relevent.

Has anyone in a position to know said anything publicly about what it was Zimmerman wanted, or are we just dealing with a rumor from who knows where?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 05:40:33 PM »
That depends on just how expensive a room we're talking, and what limits, if any, on room service.

Since Walters has refused to comment publicly on what the demand/request/condition/whatever was, not only do we not know the answer to my first sentence, we don't even know if it's relevent.

Has anyone in a position to know said anything publicly about what it was Zimmerman wanted, or are we just dealing with a rumor from who knows where?

O'Mara went into it during an interview.

That's been discussed already.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
O'Mara went into it during an interview.

That's been discussed already.

Thanks.

I wonder if Zimmerman told O'Mara in advance of the request he planned to make of ABC, and, if so, what O'Mara had to say about that.

Zimmerman might not have known that real news outfits don't pay for interviews, but you'd think O'Mara would know that.

Did Zimmerman make that request of ABC only after asking Fox for the same thing and getting turned down?

Did he make any requests of Fox before granting them an interview?

If so, I wonder what they were.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 06:45:54 PM »
Thanks.

I wonder if Zimmerman told O'Mara in advance of the request he planned to make of ABC, and, if so, what O'Mara had to say about that.

Zimmerman might not have known that real news outfits don't pay for interviews, but you'd think O'Mara would know that.

Did Zimmerman make that request of ABC only after asking Fox for the same thing and getting turned down?

Did he make any requests of Fox before granting them an interview?

If so, I wonder what they were.

George asked for a hotel room for his wife. He's afraid he's running out of money and he's paranoid that he's going to be rearrested (because Lester left the door wiiiiide open for it) and he's afraid for her safety.

ABC and other news outlets do indeed "pay" for interviews. They pay for travel, food, lodging etc. It's not like George asked for $25,000.00 cash.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »
George asked for a hotel room for his wife. He's afraid he's running out of money and he's paranoid that he's going to be rearrested (because Lester left the door wiiiiide open for it) and he's afraid for her safety.

ABC and other news outlets do indeed "pay" for interviews. They pay for travel, food, lodging etc. It's not like George asked for $25,000.00 cash.

They pay to facilitate interviews, if you have to go to them.

If they wanted Zimmerman to come to New York, they wouldn't have told him "Better get an early start, hitchhiking ain't what it used to be".

If they come to you, they'll give you a ride to and from the local affiliate's studios if they do the interview there, but that'd be about it.

They have to avoid the appearance that they monetarily influenced your answers in any way.

Site Meter
click
tracking