Author Topic: Is O'Mara Good  (Read 8653 times)

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Is O'Mara Good
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
They pay to facilitate interviews, if you have to go to them.

If they wanted Zimmerman to come to New York, they wouldn't have told him "Better get an early start, hitchhiking ain't what it used to be".

If they come to you, they'll give you a ride to and from the local affiliate's studios if they do the interview there, but that'd be about it.

They have to avoid the appearance that they monetarily influenced your answers in any way.

And one of the reports (and now it seems no one is talking about it anymore) was that they wanted GZ to go to NY to appear with Walters.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 08:04:31 PM »
And one of the reports (and now it seems no one is talking about it anymore) was that they wanted GZ to go to NY to appear with Walters.

Is it possible Zimmerman thought Walters came all the way down to Florida just to talk to him about coming up to New York?

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 08:07:06 PM »
After intensive study, fact checking and hours of reference checking into this matter

I don't know. I don't care.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »
Is it possible Zimmerman thought Walters came all the way down to Florida just to talk to him about coming up to New York?

According to initial reports (un-named sources etc, the usual) from both Walters camp and Camp Zimmerman, yes, that's exactly what she did.

Now--is that the final absolute truth? Who the heck knows.

And, like Lousy--I don't care anymore.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 11:03:14 PM »
I have to wonder why MOM is starting his depositions with emergency responders.

He has three things to contend with in the Probable Cause.

Dee Dee
Sybrina Fulton
The witness (I forget the number) who saw a chase.

Why doesn't he go there first?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2012, 11:16:15 PM »
I have to wonder why MOM is starting his depositions with emergency responders.

He has three things to contend with in the Probable Cause.

Dee Dee
Sybrina Fulton
The witness (I forget the number) who saw a chase.

Why doesn't he go there first?

I think O'Mara is doing exactly the right thing in regard to witness order. He shouldn't interview DeeDee or Futon or any other potentially hostile witness until he has all the discovery and has interviewed every background witness. He probably has only one shot at most witnesses, and he needs to know everything he can about the case before grilling the ones who may try to keep things from him.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 11:41:08 PM »
I think O'Mara is doing exactly the right thing in regard to witness order. He shouldn't interview DeeDee or Futon or any other potentially hostile witness until he has all the discovery and has interviewed every background witness. He probably has only one shot at most witnesses, and he needs to know everything he can about the case before grilling the ones who may try to keep things from him.

That makes perfect sense.  I never really thought of it that way.  Thank you for the input.

Site Meter
click
tracking