Author Topic: On Starting New Topics of Discussion  (Read 2130 times)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
On Starting New Topics of Discussion
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:31 PM »
New topics are welcome. Commenters may start new topics if they want to discuss a facet of the case not addressed in other topics.

However, commenters may not start new threads to propound their theories of guilt. Or to initiate a character attack on anyone.

Such topics will be locked or removed when I become aware of them.

For example, I just removed a topic supposedly addressing a commentary written by a former police officer. It was nothing except an excuse to present negative character information about Trayvon Martin.

I locked a thread that called for opinions on baseless speculation not suggested by the state or defense as to Zimmerman's weapon.

Disguising your theory of guilt in the form of a question does not make it acceptable.

If you want to call attention to a news article or commentary, you can post the link in the media board  (no discussion) or the media coverage and bias board which does allow discussion.

I do not like removing or locking topics. I only do it when in my opinion the topic circumvents our rules or fosters grossly misleading speculation or obviously misrepresents the known evidence or applicable legal principles.

Topics with comments that have strayed far from the original subject  may also be locked. In that case, a new topic may be started to re-launch the discussion.

Offline vegas

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: On Starting New Topics of Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
Jeralyn, any chance of getting a Holmes thread? I would love to read your opinions and others on this tragedy.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »
Jeralyn, any chance of getting a Holmes thread? I would love to read your opinions and others on this tragedy.

Wouldn't it be better to have a separate Holmes forum than introduce that here, just as this wasn't made a part of the old Lacrosse forum?

Offline vegas

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »
No doubt. Requesting Jeralyn to start a Holmes Thread under "suggestions".
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:50:42 PM by vegas »

Site Meter
click
tracking