Author Topic: Timeline with Bonus Audio  (Read 17952 times)

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
Timeline with Bonus Audio
« on: July 19, 2012, 03:06:14 AM »
Wasn't sure where exactly to post this information specifically, so I figured a new thread would work.

Based on this timeline http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-21/news/os-trayvon-sanford-police-timeline-20120521_1_special-prosecutor-angela-corey-timeline-investigator-chris-serino

1915:23 - Approximate time call with Zimmerman ends
1916:43 - 911 call placed by (blacked out name) where Zimmerman is heard screaming for help
1917:20 - Shot fired; screams from Zimmerman cease
1917:40 - Officer T. Smith arrives on scene
1919:43 - Officer T. Smith locates and places Zimmerman in custody.

I've taken the non-emergency call from Mr. Zimmerman, added the 911 call 80 seconds after it (so there is 80 seconds of silence) and added the sound of a police siren when Officer Smith was on scene. This may give people a better understanding of the timeline.

http://www.filedropper.com/combined2

(All call audio is original with no editing/filtering/etc, the only modification is the addition of the police siren sound)

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Re: Timeline with Bonus Audio
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 03:39:13 AM »
Interesting idea - good work. However:

1915:23 - Approximate time call with Zimmerman ends
1916:43 - 911 call placed by (blacked out name) where Zimmerman is heard screaming for help
1917:20 - Shot fired; screams from Zimmerman cease
1917:40 - Officer T. Smith arrives on scene
1919:43 - Officer T. Smith locates and places Zimmerman in custody.
That timeline is incorrect.

Zimmermanís call connected at 7:09:34 (cite), and lasted for approx. four minutes. The NEN report of Zimmerman's call was *created* at 7:11:12, but the call has already been underway for almost two minutes. Why do we know this? Because at 7:11:59, the dispatcher updates the record, noting that the subject is running away. Zimmerman told the dispatcher this 02:08 or so into his call - there's no way the NEN dispatcher could have updated the file with that information only forty-seven seconds into the call. The update comes a little over 2 minutes after the call *connected*, which matches perfectly with the timing of the NEN recording.

GZ's NEN phone call ends at 07:13:41, NOT 7:15:23.

The first 911 call at 7:16:43 is three minutes after the end of Zimmerman's call. The scuffle obviously started before the person actually picked up the phone to call. So we still don't know what happenened in the intervening 2-odd minutes. GZ appears to be horrible at estimating the passage of time, because he puts the time between hanging up and running into Martin again at 'less than 30 seconds' on the interview last night.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 04:37:20 AM »
I wanted to get more in-depth to where the timeline came from - I knew I had seen it before but didn't remember where. Orlando Sentinel basically did a copy/paste job from the 183 page pdf, page 40.

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 05:30:04 AM »
You can't see my posts, remember?

;D

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
Susan Simpson over at LL2 has an article about the timeline worth taking a look at.

Her map accepts uncritically Dee Dee's assertion that Martin sheltered at the mail kiosk. Without explanation, it gives a 'presumed location' for Zimmerman's truck that differs from that asserted by Zimmerman.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »
Susan Simpson over at LL2 has an article about the timeline worth taking a look at.

http://viewfromll2.com/2012/04/05/minute-by-minute-timeline-of-trayvon-martins-death/

My creation of the audio file is based on evidence directly. If someone else has an idea that the Fairy God Mother placed one person at one place at a certain time, I don't care. The information I use is directly from the prosecutor's office. If their timeline is wrong... then they'll have to explain that, not some 3rd party that isn't involved in this case at all. For the same reason, I won't use the timeline found at the Treehouse or anywhere else. My timeline can be found in the information passed from the accuser to the defendant.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:05:16 AM by AJ »

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 09:11:18 AM »

http://viewfromll2.com/2012/04/05/minute-by-minute-timeline-of-trayvon-martins-death/

I honestly found her analysis mostly worthless.  She says none of the eye witness accounts can be relied on, it seems because it mostly supports Zimmerman.  She postulates that if Z is yelling for help that it means he was in control enough of the fight that he could get the screams out and likely didn't fear for his life.  She says the police said Z was not on the path, but cutting through the buildings as he hunted TM.  She concludes the confrontation did not begin along the top of the T.  I'm guessing there is more, but thats about as far as I got.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:21:04 AM by leftwig »

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 11:09:52 AM »
My creation of the audio file is based on evidence directly. If someone else has an idea that the Fairy God Mother placed one person at one place at a certain time, I don't care. The information I use is directly from the prosecutor's office. If their timeline is wrong... then they'll have to explain that, not some 3rd party that isn't involved in this case at all. For the same reason, I won't use the timeline found at the Treehouse or anywhere else. My timeline can be found in the information passed from the accuser to the defendant.

I'm not sure establishing an accurate timeline is in the best interest of the defense, so if the one from the prosecution is not accurate they probably won't get called on it anywhere where they'll have to stand behind it.

"It's evidence" is not always the same as "It's true out in the real world".

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 11:21:04 AM »
I'm not sure establishing an accurate timeline is in the best interest of the defense, so if the one from the prosecution is not accurate they probably won't get called on it anywhere where they'll have to stand behind it.

"It's evidence" is not always the same as "It's true out in the real world".

The defense can't submit their own timeline that rebuts the prosecutions? Also, they haven't started reciprocal discovery yet (message from GZLC to me ~12hrs ago re: discovery):

George Zimmerman Legal Case

There may be some more, but we should have the vast majority of it. Soon we'll begin preparing our own discovery.

Either way, I stand by what I said. That is what the prosecution is relying upon so that's what I used and I'm not going to start making new audio files for everyone who wants to throw something at the wall. I don't have the time for it.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »
GZ's NEN phone call ends at 07:13:41, NOT 7:15:23.

The first 911 call at 7:16:43 is three minutes after the end of Zimmerman's call. The scuffle obviously started before the person actually picked up the phone to call. So we still don't know what happenened in the intervening 2-odd minutes. GZ appears to be horrible at estimating the passage of time, because he puts the time between hanging up and running into Martin again at 'less than 30 seconds' on the interview last night.
As far as I know, the only source for time of the first 911 call is the timeline on page 40 of the first discovery PDF -- the same timeline that gets the Zimmerman call time wrong.  If so, I have no faith that one time is correct when the other isn't

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »
That is what the prosecution is relying upon

Nonsense.

It's part of a police report, so it has to be handed over in the discovery. That's got nothing to do with anyone relying on it.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »
Nonsense.

It's part of a police report, so it has to be handed over in the discovery. That's got nothing to do with anyone relying on it.

This timeline was created by Investigator Singleton, using the reports from the dispatch system, and accepted by Investigator Serino. If you don't like it feel free to create your own, no one is stopping you as far as I'm aware.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:21:06 PM by AJ »

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 09:24:02 PM »
It almost sounds as if you're in denial. This timeline was created by Investigator Singleton, using the reports from the dispatch system, and accepted by Investigator Serino. If you don't like it feel free to create your own, no one is stopping you as far as I'm aware.

I don't see how you can rely on that timeline when the actual SPD call log for the Zimmerman call contradicts it.  I'm surprised Singleton would get it wrong, but apparently she did.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
I don't see how you can rely on that timeline when the actual SPD call log for the Zimmerman call contradicts it.  I'm surprised Singleton would get it wrong, but apparently she did.

Final time saying it.

If you do not like this audio file, create your own - I do not care.

I know it's a hard concept to grasp, but seriously. I quoted my source. If you don't like the source then REFUTE IT and create your own.. don't complain to me about the source - I didn't make it. I haven't even said I -agree- with it (I have abstained because I haven't taken an in-depth look at the call timeline). You're arguing with black and white text that went from the State's Attorney's Office to the Defendant - not me.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:24:02 PM by TalkLeft »

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
If you don't like the source then REFUTE IT and create your own.

I may not be able to create my own, but consider it REFUTED:

http://i.imgur.com/G9zy5.jpg

Site Meter
click
tracking