Author Topic: Mr. Martin's parents interview  (Read 1412 times)

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
Mr. Martin's parents interview
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:07:40 AM »
They will be responding to Mr. Zimmerman's interview with Hannity last night. It will take place today at 7:45AM EST on Fox News.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Mr. Martin's parents interview
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:58:02 AM »
I think Crump may've had a boo-boo in today's interview. Context: Mr. Zimmerman saying Mr. Martin was running.

Mr. Crump made a statement that it was the WIND on the non-emergency call instead of Mr. Zimmerman breathing hard. What does this say of the "chase" that happened?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:19:35 AM »
I think Crump may've had a boo-boo in today's interview. Context: Mr. Zimmerman saying Mr. Martin was running.

Mr. Crump made a statement that it was the WIND on the non-emergency call instead of Mr. Zimmerman breathing hard. What does this say of the "chase" that happened?

Nothing, really.  The judge will listen to the call and arguments either way.  I don't think any difference of interpretation of that evidence changes the outcome of a decision.  Zimmerman says he is following Martin, the issue will be what "following" means - what purpose did Zimmerman have in mind.  Running, walking, wind ... only makes a difference if there is NO intervening "lost him" event, and I don't think the sate is going to argue that Zimmerman never lost sight of Martin.

The issue will become the circumstances and initiative involved in making contact, AFTER Zimmerman lost sight of Martin.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:40:42 AM »
I agree that its what happens when the two meet face to face that matters in regards to SYG.  I do think that whether Z was running when he said he was following Martin will matter somewhat.  We don't really have much hard evidence as to what happened after Z hung up with the dispatcher to determine exactly how the conflict started.  We have Z's statements which the state will try to discredit, we have Dee Dee who mostly discredits herself and then other ear witnesses and one sorta eye witness.   With little evidence to the few seconds before the first punch, I think what happens 4 minutes or so earlier will be looked at as circumstantial evidence into how the actual confrontation went down.  The state wants to show Z went running/chasing after Martin and if they can't show that he ever ran, then they have little chance of getting anyone to believe Z was the aggressor at the beginning of their face to face meeting.  I really think they have to have some sort of running involved that at least looks like a chase at some point in order to have a chance of defeating a SYG defense.

Site Meter
click
tracking