Author Topic: Barbara Walters turns down Zimmerman  (Read 4763 times)

Offline su16

• Rate Post +0/-0
Barbara Walters turns down Zimmerman
« on: July 19, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
New here, hope this is the right forum.

From here:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/barbara-walters-was-supposed-to-interview-zimmerman-too-but-cancelled-after-being-appalled-by-his-demands/

Barbara Walters walked away from an interview with Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman after the former neighborhood watchman demanded at the last minute that, in return for the chat, ABC put him and his wife up in a hotel for a month, a source told Page Six. Walters flew down to Florida early yesterday and met with Zimmerman and his lawyer to discuss the possibility of a lengthy TV sitdown. Her interview would have taken place after he was done talking with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, a situation that already made the newswoman leery, we’re told, as she prefers to land exclusives. But we’re told that Walters was “appalled” by Zimmerman’s hotel demand, and told him the deal was off.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Re: Barbara Walters turns down Zimmerman
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »
New here, hope this is the right forum.

From here:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/barbara-walters-was-supposed-to-interview-zimmerman-too-but-cancelled-after-being-appalled-by-his-demands/

Barbara Walters walked away from an interview with Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman after the former neighborhood watchman demanded at the last minute that, in return for the chat, ABC put him and his wife up in a hotel for a month, a source told Page Six. Walters flew down to Florida early yesterday and met with Zimmerman and his lawyer to discuss the possibility of a lengthy TV sitdown. Her interview would have taken place after he was done talking with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, a situation that already made the newswoman leery, we’re told, as she prefers to land exclusives. But we’re told that Walters was “appalled” by Zimmerman’s hotel demand, and told him the deal was off.

Why should we treat these un-sourced insider rumors as facts? Just curious?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »

Why should we treat these un-sourced insider rumors as facts? Just curious?

Go to the link and watch the mediaite video.

I can't believe--I don't believe--it's real.

Curious what you think, Lousy.

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 02:39:28 PM »
It would be  like when the Seinfelds and Uncle Leo ran up the big room service and movie(several adult) bill at the Plaza.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:44:18 PM »

GZ is his own worst enemy.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 02:45:33 PM »
GZ is his own worst enemy.

I'd agree with that. I just find it hard to believe. OTOH, I do believe Barbara Walters would...fabricate and puff up and otherwise distort.

Offline Jujube

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »
I don't find anything weird about it.  Legitimate journalists don't pay for interviews or stories.   Tabloids are the ones who pay.  GZ and MO should call the National Enquirer if they want $$$.   

• Rate Post +0/-0

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 02:59:04 PM »
I don't find anything weird about it.  Legitimate journalists don't pay for interviews or stories.   Tabloids are the ones who pay.  GZ and MO should call the National Enquirer if they want $$$.

According to O'Mara today in an interview (https://twitter.com/daralenejones) the room was for his wife. Apparently GZ is worried about money and worried about her and her safety--or something.

Legit journalists "pay" all the time. They fly people to NYC or wherever, put them up, take them to dinner....

Offline Marilyn

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:49 PM »
George Zimmerman called the Talk and wanted to call into the show (from Huffpost). Barbara wouldn't let him because he hadn't done the interview. Hard to make this stuff up.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 04:19:24 PM »

Either there is not enough information or I'm stupid - the whole thing seems weird.

Was he really going to give Whoopi Goldberg the opportunity to perform a 3 minute ranting soliloquy and then walk of the stage.

IMO That would allow her to dominate the news cycles with predictably, distorted information?

I have to admit I have never seen a guilty person act this way ( well except perhaps John Gotti)

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »
George Zimmerman called the Talk and wanted to call into the show (from Huffpost). Barbara wouldn't let him because he hadn't done the interview. Hard to make this stuff up.

I thought Walters was on The View, not The Talk.

And I also thought it was O'Mara, not George, judging from what she said on the vid clip up at mediaite.

Offline vegas

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 10:27:19 PM »
I'd agree with that. I just find it hard to believe. OTOH, I do believe Barbara Walters would...fabricate and puff up and otherwise distort.
As do I. It defies credibility for Barbara Walters to say she turned down an interview with George Zimmerman.

Offline su16

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »
As do I. It defies credibility for Barbara Walters to say she turned down an interview with George Zimmerman.
Actually, just the opposite. She's trying to say she's not going to buy her material, because it creates possible conflicts of interest.  And she's not going to play nice-nice when the other side realizes that she's going to publicly say she turned down their request for an interview, and possibly say why.

Whether you believe Ms Walters about her little 'journalistic stand' is up to you. Opinion on her is somewhat divided.

Site Meter
click
tracking