Author Topic: Dee Dee's Statement to SAO (Partial Transcript)  (Read 45129 times)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Dee Dee's Statement to SAO (Partial Transcript)
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
Thanks to DebFrmHell for finding and posting the transcript of the section of the interview I was thinking of.  The situation is a bit confusing.  DeeDee seems to say she sent a text message around the time of the disconnections, and the only text message near that time is the message at 7:08, and that message is from North Dade.  On the other hand, DeeDee seems to be saying she sent it after "the phone just hung up," not in the middle of a connection.

In the text file I made listing the calls, I'll add a question mark to indicate uncertainty, and an explanation.

Also, the two one-minute calls from Martin at 6:53 and 6:54 that were possibly to DeeDee are to North Dade.  That, and the fact that they were made at the termination of another call, are the reasons I thought they might be calls to DeeDee.  Of course, Martin probably knew many people in North Dade, so it isn't very strong evidence.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 05:04:45 PM »
It just dawned on me that text messages may not show up on the phone record unless they're read, so any text message DeeDee sent after the phone last shut off may not be listed.  I'm pretty sure T-Mobile would still have records of anything that was sent, and the prosecutors would have obtained them.

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 05:08:05 PM »
The one thing I never gathered from DeeDee is that how did Trayvon convey to her that he was/thought he was being followed. In her shoes, surely the first thing I would have asked was "Why do you think he's following you?"

There never really seems to be any sort of explanation from DeeDee as to why he concludes he is being followed. It all kind of boils down to this ambiguous and vague notion that GZ was simply on the phone looking at him. In a situation like that I doubt I'd become suspicious unless this person was making multiple passes by me in his car. There was no mention of that however.

Overall her statements just frustrate me. I really think she could be more concise, but just chooses a more indefinite approach.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 05:55:42 PM »
It just dawned on me that text messages may not show up on the phone record unless they're read, so any text message DeeDee sent after the phone last shut off may not be listed.  I'm pretty sure T-Mobile would still have records of anything that was sent, and the prosecutors would have obtained them.

I believe that the SPD was finally able to get Treyvons access code which would also give them access to his messages.
However I assume the carrier would have more extensive records including missed calls.
I'm pretty sure that DeeDees phone records could also be subpoenaed. Some of TM's other call that day could be of interest - but that is yet to be established.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 06:30:55 PM »
The state's first discovery exhibit lists both Martin's and DeeDee's cell phone records.  The document states that Zimmerman's phone records include "text messages, photos, videos, etc."  It doesn't say the same about Martin's and DeeDee's, so I don't know how complete they are.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
The state's first discovery exhibit lists both Martin's and DeeDee's cell phone records.  The document states that Zimmerman's phone records include "text messages, photos, videos, etc."  It doesn't say the same about Martin's and DeeDee's, so I don't know how complete they are.

Thanks

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 10:12:57 PM »
Deb doe's it seem TM informs her GZ is white and on the phone before he left the clubhouse?

It seems to me that she is referring to him being by the mailboxes only because a little further down she talks about the phone call being dropped.  That would be the second time she references a dropped call.  The first being just before he got to the mail area.  I think that is the same dropped call.

From the transcript posted at JQ, with many thanks to the person who did this.

BDLR: So, did he tell you that he was already inside, like the gated place?
Dee Dee: Yeah, he ran in there.
BDLR: OK…
Dee Dee: That’s when the phone hung up…
BDLR: OK, I’m sorry..
Dee Dee: The phone hung up, and I call him back again.

BDLR: OK, and then what happened? What did he tell you?
Dee Dee: He under the shade.
BDLR: OK..
Dee Dee: …the mail area.
BDLR: Alright, OK, and you say shade, like a covered area…
Dee Dee: Yeah…
BDLR: …so he wouldn’t get wet.
Dee Dee: Mmm hmm [Yes].
BDLR: OK, and what else did he …did Trayvon tell you?
Dee Dee: And like…
BDLR: And I know this is difficult for you, but just take your time and tell us what you remember happening.
Dee Dee: A couple minutes later he come and tell me this man is watchin’ him.
BDLR: OK…did he describe the man who was watching him?
Dee Dee: Yeah, he said white.
BDLR: OK, did he say whether the man was standing, sitting…
Dee Dee: In a car.
BDLR: In a car?
Dee Dee: Yeah.
BDLR: What did he say about the man who was watching him…
Dee Dee: He was on the phone.
BDLR: He was on the phone?
BDLR: OK, and what did Trayvon say after that?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Dee Dee: He was telling me like…like he a man watching him, so he like started walking.
BDLR: He, Trayvon, started walking?
Dee Dee: He goin’ start walking.
BDLR: OK.
Dee Dee: And then…the phone hung up. And I call him back again. And then, I say ‘What you doin’?’ and he say he walkin’ and he said this man still following him, behind the car. And I’m like…or like, he told me…he tell me..he put his hoodie on, so I like…

This last interchange, I think she is saying that he has left the mailboxes and is walking toward the E-W sidewalk.   I think that this is the start of the 7:12pm call that ran for the 4 minutes until the altercation disconnected the phone.

6:45-6:50 (5 min. - from Martin to DeeDee)
6:46-6:48 (2 min - from Martin to non-T-Mob.)
6:49-6:53 (4 min. - to Martin from DeeDee)
6:53-6:54 (1 min. - from Martin to DeeDee?)
6:54-6:55 (1 min. - from Martin to DeeDee?)
6:54-7:12 (18 min. - to Martin from DeeDee)
7:04-7:05 (1 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mob.)
7:08 text from DeeDee
7:12-7:16 (4 min. - to Martin from DeeDee

I have been beating my own head trying to figure out when her phone is disconnecting.  She talks about the phone acting up so I think she is talking about dropped calls.  There are a few short calls listed but these teens were talking a lot that day and most of the calls were for longer periods.  She refers to calling him back again.  The calls in red are incoming from Dee Dee. 

She says she got disconnected from him when he is entering the mail area so that might be the end of the 18 minutes call @7:12pm.
There is a one minute call to TM @7:04pm and that might be Chad Green. But that probably came through on call waiting.
We know she got disconnected @ 7:16pm

Many thanks to MJW for his timeline with the calls!
I would like to CCP this to the thread I started about Dee Dee's Transcript.  I hate having to retype.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 12:03:21 AM »
I hate having to retype.

Unless I misunderstand what you mean, can't you just cut and paste?

As far as lining up DeeDee's version with the calls, I'm not sure DeeDee's version accurately represents what occurred.  In particular, I don't think Martin spent an extended period under the mailbox cover to get out of the rain.  In her version, the disconnection when Martin was walking must have occurred when the 18 minute call ended at (rounded-off) 7:12.  There's only one call after that, which had to be DeeDee's call back.  That means, if the 18 minute call began while Martin was under the mailbox cover, he had to have spent nearly 18 minutes, at a minimum, near the mailboxes.  That doesn't seem likely, given Zimmerman's initial description of Martin as walking around.  Zimmerman might have found loitering around the mail boxes to be suspicious; but if that's what he saw, I don't see why he would tell the SPD dispatcher something completely different.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:04:59 AM by MJW »

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 01:38:11 AM »
Unless I misunderstand what you mean, can't you just cut and paste?

As far as lining up DeeDee's version with the calls, I'm not sure DeeDee's version accurately represents what occurred.  In particular, I don't think Martin spent an extended period under the mailbox cover to get out of the rain.  In her version, the disconnection when Martin was walking must have occurred when the 18 minute call ended at (rounded-off) 7:12.  There's only one call after that, which had to be DeeDee's call back. That means, if the 18 minute call began while Martin was under the mailbox cover, he had to have spent nearly 18 minutes, at a minimum, near the mailboxes. That doesn't seem likely, given Zimmerman's initial description of Martin as walking around.  Zimmerman might have found loitering around the mail boxes to be suspicious; but if that's what he saw, I don't see why he would tell the SPD dispatcher something completely different.

BBM.  I think that conversation started  before he was on the property of the Retreat.  In 18 minutes he could have made the trip from the 7-Eleven.  Could be that he called Dee Dee when he was leaving the store or shortly thereafter?  Sometime before he got to the shortcut.

Like you, I don't think that he was under the protected area for that long.  ((There is some website that gives detailed weather information by entering the cit and date.  I would give anything to remember how to find it.))

The two hang-ups or dropped calls that she is referring to sounds like the same  call.  Like she is starting over again. 

Bernie de la Rionda is leading her through her statement, IMO.  He already had advance information as to what she had said because Crump gave that interview about her somewhere around the 23rd of March.  She went to the SAO on April 2nd.  I am running the dates from memory so the Crump interview is within a day or two.  I do remember it was a week or so before she got to the SAO.

IMO! IMO! IMO!

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 02:54:37 AM »
Here's a fairly detailed weather report for Sanford, Florida on Feb. 26:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KSFB/2012/2/26/DailyHistory.html

(In this forum, I don't know how to put in a hyperlink through any text other than the full url (which is quite inelegant).  I noticed dragon ash did so in a comment, so I know its doable.  If dragon ash or anyone else can tell me how, I'd appreciate it.)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Linking
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 03:07:00 AM »
HTML

The hyperlink icon is the second from the left on the second row. It's a globe with a clipboard in front of it.

I've never learned to use it because I always use html, but you can probably figure it out.

Offline dragon ash

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 03:10:46 AM »
(In this forum, I don't know how to put in a hyperlink through any text other than the full url (which is quite inelegant).  I noticed dragon ash did so in a comment, so I know its doable.  If dragon ash or anyone else can tell me how, I'd appreciate it.)
When you write a post, hit the far-right icon (toggle view), select the text you want to make a hypelink, and the hit the icon second from the left (insert hyperlink).

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 04:49:24 AM »
The two hang-ups or dropped calls that she is referring to sounds like the same  call.  Like she is starting over again.

I just realized the transcript you posted is heavily edited, and the omissions aren't marked.

Even in that version, it seems clear to me that Dee Dee was talking about two different call drops, with at least 'a couple of minutes' between them.

Crump gave that interview about her somewhere around the 23rd of March.   

March 20.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
I've redone the transcript of Dee Dee's statement, with some corrections and additions.

3:51-4:02
De la Rionda: I want to focus on that day, February 26, when you know obviously he was unfortunately killed, and I’m sorry to ask you about this.

Dee Dee: Mmm hmm.

De la Rionda: But did you have conversations with him that day?

Dee Dee: Yes.

4:19-37
De la Rionda: At some point, did you find out that Trayvon was going to the store?

Dee Dee: Around six-something.

De la Rionda: OK. And did he tell you what store he was going to?

Dee Dee: No.

De la Rionda: OK.

Dee Dee: He just said [inaudible] store.

De la Rionda: Did he say why he was going to the store?

Dee Dee: Yes.

De la Rionda: What did he say he was going to the store for?

Dee Dee: To get his little brother some food, and some drink.

5:17-22
De la Rionda: Yeah, tell me what happened as he's talking to you when he’s leaving the store, on his way back home.

5:37-58
Dee Dee: It started raining.

De la Rionda: It started raining, and did he go somewhere?

Dee Dee: Yeah, he ran to the, um, mail thing.

De la Rionda: Like, I’m sorry, what?

Dee Dee: Like a mail, like a shed.

De la Rionda: Like a mail—like a shed, like a mail area?

Dee Dee: Yeah, yeah.

De la Rionda: Like a covered area, because it was raining?

De la Rionda: So did he tell you he was already inside, like, the gated place?

Dee Dee: Yeah. He ran in there.

De la Rionda: OK, and what—

Dee Dee: That’s when the phone hung up.

De la Rionda: OK. I’m sorry.

Dee Dee: The phone hung up, and I called him back again.

6:09-8:41
De la Rionda: And what else did Trayvon tell you?

Dee Dee: And like—

De la Rionda: And I know this is difficult for you, but just take your time and tell us what you remember happened.

Dee Dee: A couple minutes later, like, he come and tell me this man is watching him.

De la Rionda: OK. Did he describe the man that was watching him?

Dee Dee: Yeah, he said white.

De la Rionda: OK. Did he say whether the man was standing, sitting, or—

Dee Dee: He was in a car.

De la Rionda: He was in a car?

De la Rionda: And what did he say about the man that was watching him under the—

Dee Dee: He was on the phone.

De la Rionda: He was on the phone?

De la Rionda: OK. And what did Trayvon say after that?

Dee Dee: He was telling me that, like, this man was watching him, so he, like, started walking.

De la Rionda: He, Trayvon, started walking?

Dee Dee: He gonna start walking.

Dee Dee: And then the phone hung up, and then I called him back again. And then, I said, "What are you doing?" He said he’s walking, and he said this man is still following him, behind the car. And I like, he [inaudible] and tell me, he put his hoodie on.

De la Rionda: He, Trayvon, put his hoodie on?

Dee Dee: 'Cause, he said, it was still a little bit dripping water, so he put his hoodie on. So I said "What's going on?" He said this man is still watching him, like in a car, so he about to run from the back. So I- I told him go to his dad's house. Run to the house.

De la Rionda: Go to what?

Dee Dee: Run to his dad's house.

De la Rionda: To his dad's house.

Dee Dee:  So he said he about to run from his- um, the back, because it's more easy, he said. So next I hear, he's just running. And I can hear that the wind blowing.

De la Rionda: So you could tell he was running at that time?

De la Rionda: OK. Then what happened?

Dee Dee: And then he said he lost him.

De la Rionda: He lost what, the man?

De la Rionda: So was Trayvon—at that time, you could tell he was, like, out of breath, like excited?

De la Rionda: Like—right?

De la Rionda: OK. Take your time, I know this is difficult for you.

Dee Dee: So he lost him. He was breathing hard. And by the sound of his voice, his voice kind of changed.

De la Rionda: Who, Trayvon’s?

De la Rionda: OK. What do you mean by that? His voice changed?

Dee Dee: I know he was scared.

De la Rionda: I’m sorry?

Dee Dee: I know he was scared.

De la Rionda: How—and I know what you’re trying to tell me, but if you could describe to me how you could tell he was, he was scared.

Dee Dee: His voice was getting kind of low, a little bit low. He was breathing hard.

De la Rionda: OK. So you could tell he was emotional, like somebody who was, like, in fear?

Dee Dee: Yeah. He said he lost him.

De la Rionda: OK. He was breathing hard? OK.

Dee Dee: He said he had lost him [inaudible].

9:08-10:14
De la Rionda: So Trayvon said he started walking because he thought he had lost the guy?

Dee Dee: I said, "Keep running."

Dee Dee: He said he ain’t gonna run, 'cause he said he's right by his father’s house.

Dee Dee: So, and in a couple of minutes, he said the man’s following him again, he’s behind him. I said, "Run! You going to run?" He said he’s not going to run. I could know he’s not going to run, because he out of breath. Then, he told me [inaudible] the guy getting close to him. I told him, "Run!" And then I told him, "Keep running!" He not going to run. And then he said—I told him, "Why are you not running?" He said, "I’m not running," because he’s tired, because I know he’s tired.

De la Rionda: I’m sorry, Trayvon said he’s not running because—he’s not going to run, he said, because you could tell he was tired?

De la Rionda: How could you tell he was tired?

Dee Dee: He was breathing hard.

De la Rionda: OK. Real hard?

Dee Dee: Real hard.

De la Rionda: OK. Could you - and you may not have been able to - could you hear whether it was raining at that time or not?

Dee Dee: It was not raining.

10:30-11:53
Dee Dee: And then he told me this guy was getting close. Like, he told me the guy was getting real close to him. Next thing I hear: "Why are you following me for?"

De la Rionda: OK. So let me make sure I understand this. So, Trayvon tells you that the guy is getting closer to him.

De la Rionda: And then you hear Trayvon saying something.

De la Rionda: And what do you hear Trayvon saying?

Dee Dee: "Why are you following me for?"

De la Rionda: "Why are you following me for?"

De la Rionda: And then what happened?

Dee Dee: I heard this man, like an old man—

Dee Dee: —say, "What are you doing around here?"

De la Rionda: OK, so you definitely could tell another voice that was not Trayvon.

De la Rionda: And you heard this other voice say what?

Dee Dee: Yeah. "What are you doing around here?"

De la Rionda: "What are you doing around here?" OK.

Dee Dee: And I called, "Trayvon, Trayon, what’s going on? What’s going on?"

De la Rionda: This is you saying that?

Dee Dee: Then, I’m calling him. He didn’t answer.

De la Rionda: No answer from Trayvon?

Dee Dee: Yeah. I hear something like bump. You could hear that Trayvon bump—somebody bumped Trayvon. Because I can hear the grass.

De la Rionda: OK. So you could hear there was something going on.

De la Rionda: Like something hitting something?

Dee Dee: You could hear Tray-, I can hear the grass thing.

De la Rionda: Out of the-

De la Rionda: Out of the side of his feet?

De la Rionda: Out of the- OK. And then what happened?

Dee Dee: And then, I was still screaming, I was saying, "Trayvon! Trayvon!"

De la Rionda: And there was no response?

Dee Dee:  Yeah. And then, next thing I hear, the next thing, the phone just shut off.

De la Rionda: The phone shut off?

Dee Dee: It just shut off.

12:10-48
De la Rionda: So the last thing you heard was some kind of noise like-

De la Rionda: -something hitting somebody?

De la Rionda: OK. And, when you heard that noise, something hitting somebody, you did, did you hear the man say anything, or did you hear Trayvon say anything?

Dee Dee: I can hear a little bit.

De la Rionda: OK. What could you hear?

Dee Dee: I could of just hear, like, like, it's like, the headphones, because of the headphones, he might got off.

Dee Dee: But I could still hear a little bit, like.

De la Rionda: OK. What could you hear?

Dee Dee: Like a little "Get off," some stuff.

De la Rionda: You heard "Get off"?

Dee Dee: Like a little "Get off." [crosstalk]

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »
I just realized the transcript you posted is heavily edited, and the omissions aren't marked.

Even in that version, it seems clear to me that Dee Dee was talking about two different call drops, with at least 'a couple of minutes' between them.

March 20.

I was thinking that it was two separate dropped calls too but the phone records don't support that for the time frame.  In both she references he starting to walk.  That is why I think she is starting over with the recap.

6:45-6:50 (5 min. - from Martin to DeeDee)
6:46-6:48 (2 min - from Martin to non-T-Mob.)
6:49-6:53 (4 min. - to Martin from DeeDee)
6:53-6:54 (1 min. - from Martin to DeeDee?)
6:54-6:55 (1 min. - from Martin to DeeDee?)
6:54-7:12 (18 min. - to Martin from DeeDee)
7:04-7:05 (1 min. - to Martin from non-T-Mob.)
7:08 text from DeeDee
7:12-7:16 (4 min. - to Martin from DeeDee

Wasn't the NEN call placed at around 7:09pm?  I think that is part of the "A couple minutes later, like, he come and tell me this man is watching him." ( maybe at the tail end of the 7:12pm?  Or the start of the 7:12pm-7:16pm?)

With your transcript corrections, do you think we can put them all together to have one cohesive unit?  I know that is asking a lot.  I am sorry.  I would do it myself but I am getting ready to leave for work and won't be home until after midnight, CST.

As for the part that was posted, some poor soul, not unlike yourself, sat down and went over the SAO interview.  As stated the audio is still the definitive statement.  Color me blushing, I can't even see the parts that you have changed...

I blame it on old age and medication!  LOL!

Site Meter
click
tracking