Author Topic: Dee Dee's Statement to SAO (Partial Transcript)  (Read 42378 times)

Offline JW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Dee Dee's Statement to SAO (Partial Transcript)
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2012, 05:13:51 AM »

I really don't trust the testimony of anyone who has "skin in the game". DeeDee being Trayvon's alleged girlfrined/friend/childhood friend/schoolmate...etc...gives her motive to skew her story of not outright lie. I find a few things about her testimony quite contradictory to evidence and witness accounts.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2012, 05:28:09 AM »
The get off quote  does not seem to be present in her first interview. Since both she and Crump had time to assimilate much of the evidence available before the DLR interview this addition is particularly suspect.

I actually hadn't noticed that. Everything about that girl gives me a giant headache.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2012, 06:25:28 AM »
Sounds of pushing followed by get off.

Now add in the other stuff we know from evidence, what do you have?

My question was addressed to someone else, but since you bring up whatever it is you're trying to bring up, are you suggesting that she somehow heard Zimmerman pushing Martin away and saying "get off" but failed to hear Martin's fist strike Zimmeman's face just before that?

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2012, 07:04:03 AM »
So are we in agreement that someone saying that is not restricted to doing so only to someone physically on top of them?

I get that "right by" is sort of ambiguous, but she never describes being at the mail "shade" as "right by" his fathers house and she doesn't describe walking by Zimmemrans parked car, which is near the 'T' as being "right by" his fathers house.  Its only after TM's "about to run from the back", runs for a bit and loses Zimmerman that he is "right by" his fathers house and TM doesn't need to run anymore because he's "right by" his fathers house.  I would think most people would logically conclude that he got to the back of his fathers house.  Dee Dee doesn't relay that he's hiding in a cut through, or behind a wall or bushes, but says "right by" his fathers house.  If Z is at the T and TM can't see him, then it seems clear he is closer to his dad's than the T.

I've been leery of W-8's testimony from the get go for various reasons, but considering his dad lives in Miami and TM had been to Brandy Green's multiple times and had been staying here for 3-4 days, why would he refer to it as his dad's house and not Brandy's place?  According to the woman that had mostly been raising TM the past 10 years, Alicia Martin who Tracy was married to previously, she had just broken up with Tracy a few weeks before this incident happened.  Tracy didn't even know the address of the place to give police the next day, so I can't imagine TM would ever consider this his dad's house.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2012, 08:18:55 AM »
My question was addressed to someone else, but since you bring up whatever it is you're trying to bring up, are you suggesting that she somehow heard Zimmerman pushing Martin away and saying "get off" but failed to hear Martin's fist strike Zimmeman's face just before that?

What does a fist strike sound like over a phone? Although...we are talking about a girl who said she could hear grass, so who can really tell I guess.

And I'm not suggesting anything. I was asking a question. A series of words followed by a "?" symbol means the words preceding the symbol are a question.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2012, 08:21:20 AM »
I get that "right by" is sort of ambiguous, but she never describes being at the mail "shade" as "right by" his fathers house and she doesn't describe walking by Zimmemrans parked car, which is near the 'T' as being "right by" his fathers house.  Its only after TM's "about to run from the back", runs for a bit and loses Zimmerman that he is "right by" his fathers house and TM doesn't need to run anymore because he's "right by" his fathers house.  I would think most people would logically conclude that he got to the back of his fathers house.  Dee Dee doesn't relay that he's hiding in a cut through, or behind a wall or bushes, but says "right by" his fathers house.  If Z is at the T and TM can't see him, then it seems clear he is closer to his dad's than the T.

I've been leery of W-8's testimony from the get go for various reasons, but considering his dad lives in Miami and TM had been to Brandy Green's multiple times and had been staying here for 3-4 days, why would he refer to it as his dad's house and not Brandy's place?  According to the woman that had mostly been raising TM the past 10 years, Alicia Martin who Tracy was married to previously, she had just broken up with Tracy a few weeks before this incident happened.  Tracy didn't even know the address of the place to give police the next day, so I can't imagine TM would ever consider this his dad's house.

You must have been aiming for someone else's post and missed.

Mine was about the conditions under which the phrase "get off" might arise, and had nothing whatsoever to do with "right by".

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2012, 08:24:56 AM »
How close does Martin have to be to a place to use the phrase 'right by'? How do you know?

The problem with the prosecution relying on DeeDee as a description of the movements of Martin and Zimmerman is that she talks about Martin running for several minutes and being out of breath.  We know when Martin started running from the NEN call.  So the defense responds, "And he never arrived home?".  The only witness to give the prosecution any chance at all is Zimmerman.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2012, 08:26:53 AM »
It's not "evidence" it's evidence, as Jeralyn keeps telling you over and over. She wrote a lengthy post about it for you just this morning.

Is everything the young lady said in her sworn statement evidence?

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2012, 08:36:45 AM »
You must have been aiming for someone else's post and missed.

Mine was about the conditions under which the phrase "get off" might arise, and had nothing whatsoever to do with "right by".

Yes, sorry, I was the post right above yours from nonevermind that I was responding to.  Probably just hit the closest "quote" button which was below the post. 

On the "get off" comments, I agree they could be standing or on the ground, or without any physical contact whatsoever.  I also feel the statement relayed by this witness is contrived, but we'll see how she handles the defenses deposition.  When she is telling the story freely from her own recollection, she hears the "grass" and the phone cuts off.  Its not until later when BDLR goes fishing does she offer that she could "hear a little bit of get off".  IT seems to me this statement is the only possible insight to Z performing some illegal action prior to TM slugging him and it wasn't something she offered freely or recalled during previous accounts of what happened. 

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Deposition
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2012, 08:49:23 AM »
My understanding is that in Fl both the Prosecution and Defense attend a deposition. I don't know but assume   the witness is allowed representation.
I wonder what happens if a witness refuses to answer or pleads the 5th.
Can anyone help?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Deposition
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »
My understanding is that in Fl both the Prosecution and Defense attend a deposition. I don't know but assume   the witness is allowed representation.

Witnesses aren't suspects, and are obliged to answer the questions put to them.  Objections will be to questions that ask for opinion or conclusion, questions that are ambiguous, "multiple" or otherwise imprecise.  Issues of admissibility and relevance may be objected to, but the witness is told to answer the question anyway.  The pretrial record contains more material than the trial record.  If a witness refuses to answer a question, the party asking it can obtain a court order compelling testimony.

Counsel from both sides are present to perform a sort of examination, cross-examination routine, while the witness is under oath.  It's an opportunity for both sides to see a witness's "stage presence," how they will come off at trial as far as credibility, ability to hear the question and respond to it, etc.  Few witnesses bring independent counsel.  All the witness has to do is testify truthfully, and none of what the witness is giving up incriminates the witness in the crime

Not to say there aren't cases where a witness would not plead the 5th, co-defendants is an example of where one or both witnesses will refuse to testify (against the other).  But in this case, the only party with a 5th amendment claim is Zimmerman.  The others, if they have given false testimony before, are encouraged to correct that.  IOW, a charge is unlikely to lie for telling the truth, even if the truth contradicts a previous statement given under oath.  Otherwise, a lie told at the start would never be corrected, and that is a "worse result."

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »
Witnesses aren't suspects, and are obliged to answer the questions put to them.  Objections will be to questions that ask for opinion or conclusion, questions that are ambiguous, "multiple" or otherwise imprecise.  Issues of admissibility and relevance may be objected to, but the witness is told to answer the question anyway.  The pretrial record contains more material than the trial record.  If a witness refuses to answer a question, the party asking it can obtain a court order compelling testimony.

Counsel from both sides are present to perform a sort of examination, cross-examination routine, while the witness is under oath.  It's an opportunity for both sides to see a witness's "stage presence," how they will come off at trial as far as credibility, ability to hear the question and respond to it, etc.  Few witnesses bring independent counsel.  All the witness has to do is testify truthfully, and none of what the witness is giving up incriminates the witness in the crime

Not to say there aren't cases where a witness would not plead the 5th, co-defendants is an example of where one or both witnesses will refuse to testify (against the other).  But in this case, the only party with a 5th amendment claim is Zimmerman.  The others, if they have given false testimony before, are encouraged to correct that.  IOW, a charge is unlikely to lie for telling the truth, even if the truth contradicts a previous statement given under oath.  Otherwise, a lie told at the start would never be corrected, and that is a "worse result."

OK, now I have to ask.  If Trayvon said that George was "crazy" or "creepy" Dee Dee can testify to that but if she is injecting those adjectives, she can't.  Same with the being "scared?"  I always thought that was her opinion but not something he admitted to.  When he said "I'm not running" I thought that described his attitude.  I thought he was being  petulant.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2012, 09:57:10 AM »
The get off quote does not seem to be present in her first interview.

Right.

Crump didn't mention it on March 20. It was never heard of publicly until the April 3 SAO interview was released.

The audio of Dee Dee's first statement, taken by Crump, was discussed in a thread on the blog.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:00:33 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »
Can anyone help?

So what DeeDee gave to de la Rionda or Zimmerman gave to Singleton weren't depositions?  What is the difference between interviews and depositions as far as the ability to be introduced as evidence in subsequent legal proceedings?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »
OK, now I have to ask.  If Trayvon said that George was "crazy" or "creepy" Dee Dee can testify to that but if she is injecting those adjectives, she can't.  Same with the being "scared?"  I always thought that was her opinion but not something he admitted to.  When he said "I'm not running" I thought that described his attitude.  I thought he was being  petulant.

That's it.  She can report what he said, and what she heard, and what she said.  With "scared," she infers that on her own.  I'm not familiar enough with her statements about "crazy" or "creepy," to know if she injects those, or if she is claiming to be repeating what Martin said.

Site Meter
click
tracking