Author Topic: Witness Statements Compared to Zimmerman's Account  (Read 5507 times)

Offline txantimedia

• Rate Post +0/-0
Witness Statements Compared to Zimmerman's Account
« on: July 21, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »
I put together this slide presentation that attempts to tie witnesses' statements to events that Zimmerman claims took place.  The idea was to see if the witnesses corroborate or refute any of the key elements of the homicide.

I'd appreciate any additions, corrections, input, especially regarding identifying witnesses by their numbers.  If I've completely screwed something up, please point it out.  The statements are not in perfect order timewise, because it's really hard to do that.

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/txantimedia-1472782-trayvon-shooting-timeline/

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Witness Statements Compared to Zimmerman's Account
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 02:02:36 AM »
[W-13] said he heard what sounded like an argument, right in the area of the T-section . . .

I've listened to three recorded interviews with W-13, and I didn't hear this. W-13 has no written statement in the first discovery.

Offline txantimedia

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:12:57 AM »
Thanks.  To the best of my ability I tried to match witnesses with key statements that they made - things such as bedroom window, office, sliding door was open, etc., that don't seem to change from one interview to another.

Here's what the witness I'm calling W13 said in the second discovery:
W13 (pg 71 D2) stated he was in his house putting together furniture when his wife said she heard a noise outside the back area of their home. . [He] said he heard what sounded like an argument, right in the area of the T-section on the walkway. [He] then said he heard a scuffling sound that was moving down the walkway getting closer to the building next to his house [his] home is the [blacked out] townhouse in that section. [He] exited his house through the garage, picked up a flash light, and walked around to the back of the house to see what was happening.

pg 71 D2 refers to page 71 of the discovery 2 docs that were released on 7/12.

A key part of Screamin' Jay's post on Witness 13 is this:
he went through his garage and got a flashlight and a cell phone
He went outside around the house
as he came around the corner he shined his flashlight on GZ

If that's not W13, I'll correct the slide.

Offline who007

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »
Thanks.  To the best of my ability I tried to match witnesses with key statements that they made - things such as bedroom window, office, sliding door was open, etc., that don't seem to change from one interview to another.

Here's what the witness I'm calling W13 said in the second discovery:
pg 71 D2 refers to page 71 of the discovery 2 docs that were released on 7/12.

A key part of Screamin' Jay's post on Witness 13 is this:
If that's not W13, I'll correct the slide.
Yes, that is W13.

Offline txantimedia

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 09:28:07 AM »
Thanks.

On the 8th slide, I had witness 19, but I believe now that is witness 1.  I'm crosschecking my work today.  I'll upload a corrected presentation after I've made whatever corrections I discover or are pointed out to me.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Paraphrase
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 10:07:02 AM »
That's W-13. The giveaway is putting furniture together. He was the only witness doing that.

The report doesn't tell us whether the noises sounded like an argument to W-13, or his description sounded like an argument to Agent Crosby or Investigator Veaudry.

Offline txantimedia

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:17:56 AM »
I'm working now on adding information from the police investigation report which was released on 5/17/2012.  That has allowed me to add W19 to slide 8, where it was before, but correctly identified.

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »
Anyone know anything about Jeremy's account?
I seem to remember leaked information that suggested he was out on his balcony
during the altercation. Is that true?

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »
Jeremy is Witness 20.  Can you discuss him in his thread for easy reference in the future?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 11:08:39 AM »
I put together this slide presentation that attempts to tie witnesses' statements to events that Zimmerman claims took place.  The idea was to see if the witnesses corroborate or refute any of the key elements of the homicide.

I'd appreciate any additions, corrections, input, especially regarding identifying witnesses by their numbers.  If I've completely screwed something up, please point it out.  The statements are not in perfect order timewise, because it's really hard to do that.

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/txantimedia-1472782-trayvon-shooting-timeline/

Bumping this because TX did a great job putting together the witness statements...

Much of what we are discussing in the transcript thread could be discussed here, IMO.

Offline txantimedia

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »
Bumping this because TX did a great job putting together the witness statements...

Much of what we are discussing in the transcript thread could be discussed here, IMO.
Thanks.  Does anyone have any idea when we'll be able to identify the other witnesses by their numbers?

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »
Thanks.  Does anyone have any idea when we'll be able to identify the other witnesses by their numbers?

I'll start on it now. I'll try to have it up by tomorrow and the names added to the witness threads. Thanks for reminding me.

Offline txantimedia

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 10:10:44 PM »
I'll start on it now. I'll try to have it up by tomorrow and the names added to the witness threads. Thanks for reminding me.
That's very kind of you.  Thank you.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 11:37:26 PM »
The witness charts are up now in a sticky thread here.

Site Meter
click
tracking