Author Topic: State Discloses Names of 5 Witnesses  (Read 7128 times)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
State Discloses Names of 5 Witnesses
« on: July 25, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »
The State released its 5th Supplemental discovery report today. It is one page and says the media has provided it with the names of five witnesses who have appeared in the media, which according to prior court order, means their identities cannot be shielded. They are:

Counsel for Media interveners has provided the State the names of witnesses who have
voluntarily appeared or given a statement to the media. Therefore, the State now identifies the
following witnesses:

(All addresses in Sanford, FL unless indicated)
W4----Brown, Cheryl 2761 Retreat View Circle
W5---Cutcher, Mary 2031 Retreat View Circle
W7---Green, Brandy c/o SAO
W14--McClendon, Austin 2761 Retreat View Circle
WI6--Mora, Selma 2031 Retreat View Circle
W42--Wibker, Cynthia 1240 Retreat View Circle

Witnesses' statements were already identified under the witness' number in prior discovery replies.

They got Cutcher and Mora's address wrong. It is 2831 Retreat View Circle, not 2031.  How sloppy.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:45:16 PM by TalkLeft »

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: State Discloses Names of 5 Witnesses
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »
The State released its 5th Supplemental discovery report today. It is one page and says the media has provided it with the names of five witnesses who have appeared in the media, which according to prior court order, means their identities cannot be shielded. They are:

They got Cutcher and Mora's address wrong. It is 2831 Retreat View Circle, not 2031.  How sloppy.

Weren't the missing witnesses numbered 4, 7, and 10?  Must go look to be sure.  OK.  Now sure.  So who is 10?  Chad Green?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:16:51 PM by DebFrmHell »

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »
Weren't the missing witnesses numbered 4, 7, and 10?  Must go look to be sure.  OK.  Now sure.  So who is 10?  Chad Green?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:30:51 PM »
Not many surprises.  All the names were known for quite a while, and many could already be identified with the witness number.  I'm guessing Selma Mora is W16 not WIG.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 11:45:25 PM »
Not many surprises.  All the names were known for quite a while, and many could already be identified with the witness number.  I'm guessing Selma Mora is W16 not WIG.

I still don't get the hoopla with them.  Neither was outside at the time of the shooting.  Selma came outside first before W13 though.  How can either testify to what kind of punches were thrown or not thrown.  Their townhouse was even further south than John's by maybe a unit. 

IIRC, they got a lawyer right off the bat before making the media rounds.  I didn't understand that either.  I am sure there are plenty more but that is the first time I recalled a witness needing one (lawyer).

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 11:48:31 PM »
I'm guessing Selma Mora is W16 not WIG.

Yes, when I OCR'd the pdf document it made a "g" instead of a "6." But the address is off in the pdf version -- ti says "2031" instead of "2831."

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 11:52:32 PM »
Chad Greene went on TV with his mother and was also interviewed. by law enforcement.  I wonder why they didn't name him.  Why is he different than Austin?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »
One thing I meant to mention a while ago and forgot is that some people think they know W18's (the distraught teacher) name because it wasn't redacted on page 16 of the second discovery PDF.  They believe it's "Brett."  W18's lawyer is named Derek Brett.  I would guess it was the lawyer who complained that Jackson had broken her word.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 12:29:29 AM »
One thing I meant to mention a while ago and forgot is that some people think they know W18's (the distraught teacher) name because it wasn't redacted on page 16 of the second discovery PDF.  They believe it's "Brett."  W18's lawyer is named Derek Brett.  I would guess it was the lawyer who complained that Jackson had broken her word.

Yes, that's her lawyer. But some of us do know her real name. and have for months. I am not publishing it. Also,  the version of her 911 call initially released  on the state's media site  was not redacted and included her first name and exact address. They since replaced it with a redacted version.

I think it's enough to say she lives at the top of the "T", as in this map. 

That's necessary for evaluating her statements. I have posted the transcripts of her "anonymous" media interviews before.

Anderson Cooper Interview
Ashleigh Banfield Interview
Jane Velez Mitchell Interview
Another CNN Interview with her lawyer

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
W-42
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 12:34:38 AM »
Cynthia Wibker (W-42) is the secretary of the HOA. Her house has a good view of the the clubhouse parking lot, but it seems that isn't the reason she is a witness.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 12:40:55 AM »
Yes, that's her lawyer. But some of us do know her real name. and have for months. I am not publishing it.

Why wasn't it disclosed in the latest document? She made a media tour.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 01:05:13 AM »
The state didn't really comply with the court order.  They just identified witnesses whose names were already public.  The court said the names of all witnesses who voluntarily appeared in the media must be disclosed.  What they've done hardly amounts to any extra disclosure at all.

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 07:38:24 AM »
What is Brandy Greene's value as a witness?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 09:24:31 AM »
What is Brandy Greene's value as a witness?

From which side?

Her initial statements were...interesting, weren't they?

Edit: maybe if there's going to be any discussion of Brandy (Brandi?) as a witness we should go to the Brandy Green sub thread?

Site Meter
click
tracking