Author Topic: State Discloses Names of 5 Witnesses  (Read 7137 times)

Offline jupchurch

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: State Discloses Names of 5 Witnesses
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 10:34:32 AM »
Is it possible to edit the titles of the threads so the witness name is in parentheses next to the witness number and add the witness number next to Brandy Green?

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »
The state didn't really comply with the court order.  They just identified witnesses whose names were already public.  The court said the names of all witnesses who voluntarily appeared in the media must be disclosed.  What they've done hardly amounts to any extra disclosure at all.

The state asked the media to provide the names of witnesses who had given media interviews. Apparently, these are the only names the media submitted.  I don't think the state went through the witnesses to find out who gave media interviews. The release was requested by the media in a motion. I think the state left it up to the media to  specify. The wording of the state's 5th discovery release seems to imply this.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »
The state asked the media to provide the names of witnesses who had given media interviews. Apparently, these are the only names the media submitted.  I don't think the state went through the witnesses to find out who gave media interviews. The release was requested by the media in a motion. I think the state left it up to the media to  specify. The wording of the state's 5th discovery release seems to imply this.

So, now that the media representatives know of the others they will likely request those names be released as well? Seems likely to me. Of course I'm assuming they know. I wonder if anyone sent an email letting them know.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
Treyvon's cousin who's statement is in the 2nd dump appeared on Nancy Grace under his own name as well as several rallies.

He was one of the the last of Treyvon's friends to see him alive.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 05:41:28 PM »
Is it possible to edit the titles of the threads so the witness name is in parentheses next to the witness number and add the witness number next to Brandy Green?

It is possible. I have to think about if I want to do that. I'm not sure I want these threads so easily googled, and putting their names in the title would probably make them more prominent. Would creating a sticky witness topic with a chart showing the witnesses by number and name help?

Offline jupchurch

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 07:16:18 PM »
Thank you. It would help a lot. 

I suspect you are out of luck as far as Google is concerned, unless no one mentions the witness name in the thread. If you want Google to not index your site it is actually pretty easy.

http://yoast.com/prevent-site-being-indexed/

Of course, this won't help with things that you have already have indexed.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »
Thank you. It would help a lot. 

I suspect you are out of luck as far as Google is concerned, unless no one mentions the witness name in the thread. If you want Google to not index your site it is actually pretty easy. http://yoast.com/prevent-site-being-indexed/ Of course, this won't help with things that you have already have indexed.

I don't mind being in google. I can't monitor these threads 24/7 and I would prefer they not be at the top of google for a search of a particular witness immediately so that if there's something objectionable that I think should be deleted, it hasn't spread further than necessary.

I will do a chart in a sticky topic as soon as I have time, probably over the weekend.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »
Chad Greene went on TV with his mother and was also interviewed. by law enforcement.  I wonder why they didn't name him.  Why is he different than Austin?

Where is the statement from Chad Green?  There is an SAO interview with O'Steen, BdlR, and Guy from 4/27/2012 but there is still nothing about W10 prior to that.  No one can tell me that no one in LE talked to him until 2 full months after the shooting.  Chad and his mother gave a TV interview, IIRC.

So?

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 02:24:08 PM »

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 02:41:13 PM »
Where is the statement from Chad Green?  There is an SAO interview with O'Steen, BdlR, and Guy from 4/27/2012 but there is still nothing about W10 prior to that.  No one can tell me that no one in LE talked to him until 2 full months after the shooting.  Chad and his mother gave a TV interview, IIRC.

I've long wondered about that. I tend to believe the April 27 SAO interview was the only one done, as unlikely as it seems. That interview was done after the indictment. When I read in the SAO interview summary things like "Chad advised that Trayvon Martin was a nice guy," I think about the recording and the written summary of DeeDee's interview, and imagine BDLR saying, "And Trayvon was a nice guy, wasn't he?" and Chad unenthusiastically grunting, "uh-huh."

Site Meter
click
tracking