Author Topic: GZ's Parents' New Website.  (Read 5150 times)

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
GZ's Parents' New Website.
« on: July 26, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: GZ's Parents' New Website.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 03:21:40 PM »
Say what you want about George, but seriously...what a world we live in:

"Within a few days, Rosanne Barr retransmitted our correct names, address, and phone number. I knew then that we would need to relocate. Almost immediately, threatening phone calls and letters were received. However, One in particular was alarming because it threatened to kill anyone with George’s DNA – it was not mailed, but was left at our front door. These threats were in addition to the constant media calls and visits. It was time to go.

Literally, as I was helping Cristina into the car to leave, media representatives and others were not ringing our bell, but beating on our front door.

We took a couple changes of clothes for each of us, medicines, and a few personal belongings and fled. However, when the media learned our new location, we were no longer safe there. At that point, we went from one location to another. It has been an extremely difficult existence. It’s been a challenge getting hotel rooms when we can not provide our correct names, use credit cards, or produce any valid identification. Today, that is very much what our existence is.

Cristina had to delay therapy, and she has become more confused than ever. I had to immediately stop my physical therapy. Doctors’ appointments had to be cancelled and severe hardship is still the life we are living.

In addition, our daughter had to leave a government job she truly loved.

There have been other severe hardships. However, for security reasons, these can not be mentioned at this time.

I will be greatly relieved when the true facts concerning February 26th are brought to light. However, nothing can ever return us to the family we were just a few short months ago. What Gladys and I have planned and worked for our entire life now will never be."

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 03:30:29 PM »
Another reason to dislike Roseanne.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »
Has this site been verified yet? It feels real but I'd really like to know from an official source (MOM).

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »
Has this site been verified yet? It feels real but I'd really like to know from an official source (MOM).

Zimmerman Parents' New Website Decries Threats, Says Son Is No Racist - ABC News - Matt Gutman, July 27, 2012

Gutman more or less mocks the website as a "missive that veers into the confessional."

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »
Zimmerman Parents' New Website Decries Threats, Says Son Is No Racist - ABC News - Matt Gutman, July 27, 2012

Gutman more or less mocks the website as a "missive that veers into the confessional."

TY, but unfortunately I actually watched the video with Matt Gutman before reading the article where it said the parents had created a website. Why does he still have a job? What happened to ethics in journalism?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »
Personally I would have gone with something a little more understated than the stars and stripes background.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 02:26:20 AM »
Personally I would have gone with something a little more understated than the stars and stripes background.

Have you seen the professionally built websites the Martins have? They even categorize sponsors into categories: Gold, Silver and Patron

http://justicetm.org/donations/

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 02:35:29 AM »
Have you seen the professionally built websites the Martins have? They even categorize sponsors into categories: Gold, Silver and Patron

http://justicetm.org/donations/

Yes the site does seem to have been put together by professionals.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm uncomfortable when I feel someone on one side of an issue or the other is trying to claim the patriotism monopoly.

I could be mistaken, but that's the vibe I get.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 02:43:31 AM »

Maybe it's just me, but I'm uncomfortable when I feel someone on one side of an issue or the other is trying to claim the patriotism monopoly.

How do you feel about someone attempting a monopoly on Truth and Justice? I feel very uncomfortable with that.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 05:12:42 AM »

Because they picked the flag template out of the list of free templates? Really?

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
Mr. O'Mara confirmed with one of the media sources that the site is "legitimate" however with that said I'm fairly confident the treehouse is running it, with the approval of Mr. Zimmerman's parents I assume. I'll share some (not all) of info that I know:

- The site was originally reported by a user with the name "ytz4mee" on TCTH.

- After people raised question (saying the domain was just registered back on the 20th) this person basically silenced them and told them they were wrong to question it (after saying in March to "question EVERYTHING"), then sometime today those comments were removed.

- When this site was originally opened I looked into a few things: the domain was registered via register.com where the other sites surrounding Mr. Zimmerman (gzlegalcase / gzdefensefund / therealgeorgezimmerman / friendsofgz) were all registered with GoDaddy. Also, the other four websites HTML was generated using Joomla!'s generation tool while this site's HTML was created using WordPress's generation tool (same as TCTH). (I did this prior to Mr. O'Mara confirming.)

- If you send in a comment expressing your concern regarding donating you will get a reply from "rulocoloco@hotmail.com" saying to "trust theconservativetreehouse.com" (I would've thought that'd be a conflict of interest for the Zimmerman family, given their recent conspiracy theories regarding Mr. O'Mara)

- FriendsOfGz no longer exists, the website or the twitter account (from what I can tell)

Also.. as a side note, I have a feeling there's about to be a pretty big announcement in the next few days.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:38:03 PM by AJ »

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 08:36:54 AM »
Just sharing some new information that I received less than 10 minutes ago. Robert Zimmerman Sr. is the person responding to the comments now, but he wasn't previously. This is a quote from him: "Mr. O'Mara is George's attorney and I have confidence in his ability."

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »
Well WTF. Really?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 12:33:29 PM »
Well WTF. Really?
Put me in the WTF Category, too.

Site Meter