State v. George Zimmerman (Pre-Trial) > Zimmerman Family and Friends

Shellie Zimmerman's Perjury Case

(1/8) > >>

TalkLeft:
Shellie Zimmerman's lawyer, Kelly Sims, filed a not guilty plea for her today on perjury charges. She won't have to appear at her arraignment next week.

FromBelow:
How long is this case likely to take? I mean there doesn't seem to be a lot of data that would need to be gone through. I would think things would go pretty quickly. Also, if she's found innocent would that have any effect on Lester's claim that the court was lied to? Might her innocence be useful in some way to the defense?

FromBelow:
Is there an update on this? Is anything scheduled? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info via google.

TalkLeft:

--- Quote from: FromBelow on August 16, 2012, 10:25:17 PM ---Is there an update on this? Is anything scheduled? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info via google.

--- End quote ---

DOCKET SOUNDING SEP 19, 2012 AT 09:00 AM . The docket is here and you can check it for updates.

MJW:
The Orlando Sentinel reports that Shellie's lawyer, Kelly B. Sims, has moved for dismissal of the perjury charges on the grounds that the special prosecutor lacks the authority to prosecute the case.

An interesting argument. I wish I could read the motion, to see what he cites in support. I think the breadth of a special prosecutor's power to prosecute related matters would vary from state to state. If Shellie wins the motion, I think she would still be subject to prosecution by the normal prosecuting authority within her district, though it would be within their discretion whether to bring charges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version