Author Topic: Index of Interviews and Reports Provided in Discovery  (Read 8144 times)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
Index of Interviews and Reports Provided in Discovery
« on: July 31, 2012, 09:47:57 PM »
Diwataman has compiled an excellent chronological index of the witness interviews and police reports here
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:23:38 PM by TalkLeft »

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Index of Interviews and Reports Provided in Discovery
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:33:03 PM »
Diwataman has compiled an excellent chronological index of the witness interviews and police reports here

Is stuff like

71-78/183

supposed to be page numbers from the first PDF released?

If so, were there both a 183 page version and a 184 page version?

And if so, what's the difference?

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:29:27 AM »
He did the 183 and the 284 page versions.
His reference "71-78/183" means the document begins on page 71, ends on page 78 of the discovery doc having 183 pages.  I do something similar with my documents, I put for example, P. 8 of 173, dated xx/xx/xx. It's easy as could be once you have the long document in front of you.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:30:28 PM by TalkLeft »

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:50:18 AM »
He did the 183 and the 284 page versions.
He reference "71-78/183" means the document begins on page 71, ends on page 78 of the discovery doc having 183 pages.  I do something similar with my documets, I put for example, P. 8 of 173, dated xx/xx/xx. It's easy as could be one you have the long document in front of ou.

I have the later released 284 page PDF.

But my copy of the earlier one is 184 pages, not 183.

When I saved the file, it came with the name

trayvon-martin-documents-ocr.pdf

and Adobe Reader X will let me select the whole thing and paste it into Notepad and most of the text actually survives the process as text, whereas the 284 page PDF says nothing about OCR and can't be copied and pasted.

Is it possible that the extra page is an artifact of the OCR'ing process done by whoever it was that did it?

Apparently I got it from here:

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/357450/trayvon-martin-documents-ocr.pdf

Wonder if they have an OCR version of the 284 pager?

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 03:07:00 AM »
I have the later released 284 page PDF.

But my copy of the earlier one is 184 pages, not 183.

When I saved the file, it came with the name

trayvon-martin-documents-ocr.pdf

and Adobe Reader X will let me select the whole thing and paste it into Notepad and most of the text actually survives the process as text, whereas the 284 page PDF says nothing about OCR and can't be copied and pasted.

Is it possible that the extra page is an artifact of the OCR'ing process done by whoever it was that did it?

Apparently I got it from here:

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/357450/trayvon-martin-documents-ocr.pdf

Wonder if they have an OCR version of the 284 pager?

The version you have "trayvon-martin-documents-ocr.pdf" is 184 pages because someone added the last page, the exemption list, or removed that page from an earlier upload which made it a 183, "Zimmerman_Discovery.pdf" which is the one I have been working with. I didn't even know about the 184 till you mentioned it.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/news/Zimmerman_Discovery.pdf

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 02:14:55 PM »
I was just looking at the State's 7th Supplemental Discovery and noticed one of the items listed under K is simply "victims cell phone records"? Is this George Zimmerman, who was the victim of a brutal assault?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
I was just looking at the State's 7th Supplemental Discovery and noticed one of the items listed under K is simply "victims cell phone records"? Is this George Zimmerman, who was the victim of a brutal assault?

The lack of an apostrophe in conjunction with the word "victims" leaves it unknown if they meant singular or plural possessive, but since Zimmerman is charged with murder, and, to the best of my knowledge, Martin has not been charged with anything, I'm going to assume that they mean the person they consider to be the victim of the action they're calling a murder.

Although I'd certainly like to see the phone records of both Martin and Zimmerman.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 01:58:16 AM »
I was rereading the 284 pg release and I cam across something that is curious to me.  In the interview that O'Steen and BDLR conducted with Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton there is a timeline for Martin.  It is stated that Martin drove up half way to Sanford to drop Trayvon off with Brandy Green.  It says that he stayed with Green on Weds and Thurs.  On Friday, Trayvon stayed with his father at the hotel were he was staying.

From there it jumps to Sunday and all of the events.

Saturday, they all went to Chad's game and reportedly stayed at the Green residence that night.  According to the cousin they were there after no later than 11pm. 

So why didn't Tracy say as such in the interview w/ O'Steen and BDLR?  Do we know that Trayvon actually was at the Green residence on Saturday?  And I still think it is odd that the cousin slept in the garage.  Why not on the floor on a pallet inside the house where there would be some kind of heat?

Cousin's interview is on page 9
Tracy and Sybrina is on page 28

Site Meter
click
tracking