Author Topic: The Shortcut From 7-11 into Twin Lakes  (Read 17256 times)

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: The Shortcut From 7-11 into Twin Lakes
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 07:47:05 AM »

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »
There is no evidence that Lousy intended to post an actual comment. 8)

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 08:52:46 AM »
Zimmerman would have had some information in his database before spotting Martin (its dark and its raining).  He only needed a quick look to see that someone he didn't recognize was walking next to Taaffe's house.  Not sure why TM would be near Taaffe's house waiting for a passing car to come by so he could cross the street, but assuming thats what he was doing, it wouldn't look any less suspicious in a neighborhood with a history of crime.   Again, it wasn't just Martin and his actions that raised the suspicion, the circumstances were all part of it.  Seems to be a pretty good example of what police suggested using the NEN for. 

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Time to Observe
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 11:23:05 AM »
How much time would Zimmerman have had in which to observe Martin after first spotting him while still continuing to drive forward?

The Retreat at Twin Lakes has a 15mph speed limit. You can see one of the signs in the reenactment, about 1:30.

Zimmerman said 'There was a car, like, backing up, so I slowed down.' (2/29-1, 8:22-25)

If Martin was fixing to cross the street

He would have been facing the street. Zimmerman said he was 'looking at the house, intently.' (2/29-1, 8:07-9)

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
There is no evidence that Lousy intended to post an actual comment. 8)

;D

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »
;D

It was an experiment.  The results show that minimalism is overrated.

Offline txantimedia

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 10:49:32 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm not as up on the physical locations as some of the other evidence.  Frank Taafe's address is 1460 RVC.  I believe his house was the one Z speaks of as having been broken into and being unsecured (doors and windows unlocked and garage door open) during the previous incident.  That is the same house that Z saw TM looking into.  If I've got all those details right, then it makes sense that TM came through that shortcut and was beside Taafe's house when Z first spotted him and found him suspicious.

Z then drives around to somewhere near the clubhouse and calls the NEN.  At that point he sees TM "behind him", so TM must have come through the shortcut by Taafe's house and then walked around RVC and passed Z near the clubhouse.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 11:33:19 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm not as up on the physical locations as some of the other evidence.  Frank Taafe's address is 1460 RVC.  I believe his house was the one Z speaks of as having been broken into and being unsecured (doors and windows unlocked and garage door open) during the previous incident.  That is the same house that Z saw TM looking into.  If I've got all those details right, then it makes sense that TM came through that shortcut and was beside Taafe's house when Z first spotted him and found him suspicious.

Z then drives around to somewhere near the clubhouse and calls the NEN.  At that point he sees TM "behind him", so TM must have come through the shortcut by Taafe's house and then walked around RVC and passed Z near the clubhouse.

That is the way I see it, too.  I can't figure out the rain and the mail shed though if you want to give Dee Dee any credit.

After TM passes the truck while it is parked (however) in front of the clubhouse, GZ gets sight of TM again on Twin Trees long enough to see him disappear down the E-W sidewalk and behind the THs.  I am thinking the second sighting is when TM did his posturing, hands in pants thing.  The question I have is did GZ get ahead of TM again while in his truck or did TM actually reappear to do it.

Do you remember if GZ brought up the "circling" first or did Singleton? 
ETA:  The actual word "circling" instead of passed by, for example.

Sorry, I had a very long day and am too tired to go through the transcripts.  I need a nap!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:35:09 PM by DebFrmHell »

• Rate Post +0/-0
First Circle
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:11 AM »

2/26-1, 11:06-34
Zimmerman: The dispatcher, whoever answered the phone, asked me where they went. And I said I wasn't sure because I lost visual of him when he went in between the houses. And he said "Well, can you tell me what direction he went?" And I said "Not really." And then all of a sudden I see him circling my car. And then he goes back into the darkness.

I think this is the first time Zimmerman described this event.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: First Circle
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »
2/26-1, 11:06-34
I think this is the first time Zimmerman described this event.

Thank you for the reference.  Tomorrow, I will go through that transcript.  For some reason, I thought Singleton might have brought up the word "circling."   It seems like I have had this in my head for a while.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 05:53:18 AM »
Thank you for the reference.  Tomorrow, I will go through that transcript.  For some reason, I thought Singleton might have brought up the word "circling."   It seems like I have had this in my head for a while.
I am still unsure what circling entails. Assume someone is walking across the street on a path that would bring him to the driver door of an idling car. As the person gets within 5 feet of the door , he turns toward the rear of the car and crosses the street behind the car, He then continues forward walking up the passenger side of the car and beyond.
Thats a 270 degree arc. Is it considered circling?

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 07:57:57 AM »
Aye!

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 09:28:14 AM »
I am still unsure what circling entails. Assume someone is walking across the street on a path that would bring him to the driver door of an idling car. As the person gets within 5 feet of the door , he turns toward the rear of the car and crosses the street behind the car, He then continues forward walking up the passenger side of the car and beyond.

I was reading the transcript.  OMD!  I don't know how TXA-M sat thru that to do the transcription.  ((And those Miranda Rights, geesh.))

I just read Part 1 and GZ says that TM went completely around his car during the second sighting.  It happens after he has moved onto TTL.

Singleton: You're on the phone? And he dips between two houses? Is that what you mean? Zimmerman: Yes, ma'am.
Singleton: cause you lose sight of him, OK?
Zimmerman: Correct. And then he comes back out
Singleton: um hum.
Zimmerman: and circles my car while I'm on the phone with the police.
Singleton: OK. Is he saying anything to you?
Zimmerman: I couldn't hear him. My windows were up.
Singleton: OK.
Zimmerman: As soon as I saw him coming up I rolled up my windows and I stayed on the phone with dispatch.
Singleton: OK. He,..your car was running?
Zimmerman: Yes, ma'am.
Singleton: The lights were on?
Singleton: OK. So he knew somebody was in this car?
Singleton: And is he walking completely around the car?
Singleton: OK.
Zimmerman: Um, and, dispatch asked me where he went. I didn't know the name of the street that I was on, I
Singleton: So you'd come off your street and gotten to another street

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »

Circling could mean something as simple as TM staring at GZ as he walked past. Watching/moving near him in a threatening/predatory manner. People aren't precise in their language. Consider when someone says they saw two people "circle each other" as they got ready to fight. They don't actually do a 360 around each other. It's a face off / look for an opening to attack kind of thing. Just a thought.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 01:08:05 PM »
I just read Part 1 and GZ says that TM went completely around his car during the second sighting.  It happens after he has moved onto TTL.

Well, never mind my previous post then. If GZ said he went completely around then my theory is way off. LOL

Site Meter
click
tracking