Author Topic: The Shortcut From 7-11 into Twin Lakes  (Read 18554 times)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: The Shortcut From 7-11 into Twin Lakes
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 05:55:11 AM »
Same goes from me, AIF!  Thank you so much for doing that.  It is much appreciated.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »
Permalink to set of 11 photos of The Retreat at Twin Lakes and nearby points of interest, taken by AghastInFl on 1/31/13.

Many thanks and appreciations to AghastInFl for the pictures. I'm pleased and proud to give them a home.

I've collected the eleven photos into a set, which I've linked above. The link posted by AIF is for the first page of my photostream at Flickr. It shows the photos most recently uploaded, so the link will become obsolete for its purpose as new photos are added. I should have mentioned that to AIF in our private correspondence. My bad.

I've added a description for each photo, commenting on it's significance for the case, with links to other relevant material.

Flickr allows comments on each photo posted. If you have something to say about one of them that you would like to make available to everyone who views it, please post a comment. That includes any response or criticism for my views on the photos and their significance.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »
Thanks for uploading the pictures.  What would be really helpful, is a map where each picture location is represented by a dot.  TIA.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2013, 12:46:23 PM »
Thanks for uploading the pictures.  What would be really helpful, is a map where each picture location is represented by a dot.  TIA.

Your wish is my command.

Actually, I was already planning on those lines.

I'm thinking two maps, to keep the scale from being tiny. One will cover RATL, the other the nearby points of interest.

First stab at the latter. Tell me what you think. I'll be working on the other in the mean time.

I omitted the breezeway. AghastInFl says there is one in every residential building, and didn't specify the location of the one he photographed. That leaves four locations.

I kept the map legends short, to minimize the clutter, so they differ from the photo titles.

Legend :: Title

Dirt Path & Hill Wood Dr. :: Dirt Path From Hill Wood Dr. in Colonial Village to Rinehart Rd.

Mail Shade :: Mail Shade at Colonial Village at Twin Lakes

Strip Mall Entrance :: Rinehart Rd., E. of Strip Mall

Sam's Club Cams :: Sam's Club Security Cameras

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2013, 01:23:12 PM »
nm_nm, you might want to update your flickr photos with the newest version of Trayvon's and GZ's shirt testing, contained on pages 25 to 38 of George's Motion to Continue. They are much clearer than what was previously provided in discovery and George's are in color.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.

It's on my 'to do' list.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »
I'm thinking two maps, to keep the scale from being tiny. One will cover RATL, the other the nearby points of interest.

First stab at the latter.

First stab replaced by second stab.

I kept the map legends short, to minimize the clutter, so they differ from the photo titles.

Legend :: Title

Dirt Path & Hill Wood Dr. :: Dirt Path From Hill Wood Dr. in Colonial Village to Rinehart Rd.

Mail Shade :: Mail Shade at Colonial Village at Twin Lakes

Strip Mall Entrance :: Rinehart Rd., E. of Strip Mall

Sam's Club Cams :: Sam's Club Security Cameras

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2013, 06:03:19 AM »
Set  of 11 photos of The Retreat at Twin Lakes and nearby points of interest, taken by AghastInFl on 1/31/13.

That's a new link. I had to redo the set because of a software glitch, so the earlier one is broken.

Still working on getting the maps right.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2013, 07:05:06 PM »
Three new photosets.

The Retreat at Twin Lakes and Nearby Points, 2/4/13

Colonial Village at Twin Lakes, 2/4/13

Florida v. Zimmerman, Security Cameras

AghastInFl visited the complex again on 2/4, and brought us an even bigger batch of photos. Good work, AIF!

The above sets are works in progress. There are more photos to be added, as well as descriptions and location maps. I'm posting the links for those who may want to drop in and have a look.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2013, 08:20:44 PM »
Three new photosets.

The Retreat at Twin Lakes and Nearby Points, 2/4/13

Colonial Village at Twin Lakes, 2/4/13

Florida v. Zimmerman, Security Cameras

AghastInFl visited the complex again on 2/4, and brought us an even bigger batch of photos. Good work, AIF!

The above sets are works in progress. There are more photos to be added, as well as descriptions and location maps. I'm posting the links for those who may want to drop in and have a look.

I can't believe how looking at things and places from a viewpoint other than google maps changes things.  Most striking is how close The Colonial is to RVC.  I don't know why that surprises me but it feels like you can reach out and touch the side of the buildings.  LOL.  Perception.

AIF?  When you were around The Colonial or at Lakes Edge, did you look for or notice any security cameras?  They would be mounted close to the entries and around the clubhouse.

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2013, 06:40:56 AM »
I can't believe how looking at things and places from a viewpoint other than google maps changes things.  Most striking is how close The Colonial is to RVC.  I don't know why that surprises me but it feels like you can reach out and touch the side of the buildings.  LOL.  Perception.

AIF?  When you were around The Colonial or at Lakes Edge, did you look for or notice any security cameras?  They would be mounted close to the entries and around the clubhouse.
Deb
I did not notice security cams at either of the communities, they are there but not easily seen... Re:Lakes Edge there has been no opportunity to gain access into that community.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2013, 08:01:09 AM »
AIF, have you checked out Calabria Cove?  Zimmerman mentions it on his 8/6/11 call as a place burglars go to after fleeing TRATL through the east gate.  Is it adjacent?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2013, 08:39:51 AM »
Deb
I did not notice security cams at either of the communities, they are there but not easily seen... Re:Lakes Edge there has been no opportunity to gain access into that community.

Makes me wish I still lived in Jacksonville.  I would have driven down there, too!  Thanks for doing all of this.  It is much appreciated.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »
AIF, have you checked out Calabria Cove?  Zimmerman mentions it on his 8/6/11 call as a place burglars go to after fleeing TRATL through the east gate.  Is it adjacent?

Calabria Cove is directly south of RATL, on the other side of the hedges behind the row of houses on the south side of RVC. You could reach it on foot by walking directly south from Zimmerman's former home. By car, go out the southeast gate, right on S. Oregon Ave., and the next right is the entrance to Calabria Cove.

ETA: I just used Google Street View to see if Calabria Cove is gated. It is.

ETA 2: Strictly speaking, the vegetation between the communities isn't a hedge. It's a line of bushes and maybe some small trees.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:44:23 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2013, 11:08:16 AM »
AIF looked for anything Zimmerman might have mistaken for a Bentley dealership, and found a new Infiniti dealership at 995 Rinehart Rd. (View from behind the dealership, toward RATL.)

The location is a vacant lot on Google Earth, which shows a different Infiniti dealership on Rinehart Rd. in the other direction.

AIF conjectured that 995 was newly constructed on 2/2/12, accounting for Zimmerman being mistaken about its name.

I don't think it is the right location. It is too far from RATL. 

Site Meter
click
tracking