Author Topic: The Shortcut From 7-11 into Twin Lakes  (Read 18117 times)

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: The Shortcut From 7-11 into Twin Lakes
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2013, 01:07:27 PM »
Calabria Cove is directly south of RATL, on the other side of the hedges behind the row of houses on the south side of RVC. You could reach it on foot by walking directly south from Zimmerman's former home. By car, go out the southeast gate, right on S. Oregon Ave., and the next right is the entrance to Calabria Cove.

ETA: I just used Google Street View to see if Calabria Cove is gated. It is.

ETA 2: Strictly speaking, the vegetation between the communities isn't a hedge. It's a line of bushes and maybe some small trees.
It seems a nice small neighborhood, well maintained; I never have understood GZ associating it with riff-raff, but then I do not live there. Other than what NM_NM stated  is there anything of particular concern Ricky?

Interesting aside..IMO; All of the neighborhoods adjacent to RATL are gated with one exception "Colonial Village" the apartment complex but I'm not sure TM would have realized that fact if he spent only a small amount of time there, walking to local points of interest like the 7/11 store. If you have seen the pictures of the neighborhood and the apartment buildings coupled with their proximity they seem a likely place for a young man to escape the rain and other than her reference to a "gated place" they fit the narrative description by DD... but such is the nature of opinion.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »
If you have seen the pictures of the neighborhood and the apartment buildings coupled with their proximity they seem a likely place for a young man to escape the rain and other than her reference to a "gated place" they fit the narrative description by DD... but such is the nature of opinion.

I mentioned that in the description of the breezeway photo.

In the later interview, W-8 did not volunteer a mention of a gate. The gate was introduced by a leading question from de la Rionda (5:07-54).

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
It seems a nice small neighborhood, well maintained; I never have understood GZ associating it with riff-raff, but then I do not live there. Other than what NM_NM stated  is there anything of particular concern Ricky?
Not now, thanks AIF.  I just wanted to check Zimmerman's actual ability to direct somebody to go somewhere in his neighborhood.  I suppose it remains a mystery why in the 2/2/12 pre-Martin call he first asks that the police go 1960 RVC (his own address?), then he says the officer should "stop on
Rinehart—across the street from Walter Reed’s Bentley; and, go around the back."  Then when talking to Serino, he says while waiting for the cops he realized he gave them his address and called again to give them Taafe's address.  I guess this last call is not available.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:57:37 PM by RickyJim »

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2013, 03:38:27 PM »
I mentioned that in the description of the breezeway photo.
Very nicely done, you captured the facts and related them well to the images. I should have checked the updates it is impressive.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »
I suppose it remains a mystery why in the 2/2/12 pre-Martin call he first asks that the police go 1960 RVC (his own address?), then he says the officer should "stop on
Rinehart—across the street from Walter Reed’s Bentley; and, go around the back."  Then when talking to Serino, he says while waiting for the cops he realized he gave them his address and called again to give them Taafe's address.  I guess this last call is not available.

I explained this the last time it came up.

As I said then, it took me a while to figure it out.

Zimmerman's address was 1950 RVC.

On 2/2/12, reporting an incident at Taaffe's residence, which is 1460 RVC, Zimmerman gave 1960 as the address. He called again later that night and gave the correct address.

As you say, audio of the second call is not available, as far as I know. The call was logged on the same Event Report as the earlier one, p. 45 of the logs. The report confirms that Zimmerman correctly gave 1460 on the second call.

Zimmerman never said he gave his own address on that occasion.

Audio

2/29-1, 5:43-59
Zimmerman: Oh, and they needed the address. And, I don't know, my adrenalin was rushing, and a thousand things went through my mind. I gave them what I thought was my address -

Serino: Mmhmm.

Zimmerman: - further down in the nineteen hundreds building, instead of the fourteen hundreds.

2/29-1, 25:34-46
Zimmerman: I just have a terrible memory. And I gave, when they asked me the address, I don't know why I always think my address is 1960, and it's 1950.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2013, 06:56:12 AM »
Since apparently the residents pick up mail at the shed near the clubhouse (including packages?), maybe they don't use their street addresses very much and instead use 1111 Retreat View Circle. 

Have you made sense out of "stop on Rinehart"?  And did Taafe ever explain why he didn't lock up his place when he left?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:01:52 AM by RickyJim »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »
Have you made sense out of "stop on Rinehart"?

No.

There doesn't seem to be a Walter Reed's Bentley anywhere in Sanford. (Also tried Read's/Reed/Read.) The nearest Bentley dealership of any name is miles away.

On Google Earth overhead, date stamped 1/3/12, at or near the intersection of Rinehart Rd. and Oregon Ave. there's an auto parts store, a motorcycle/ATV shop (Seminole Power Sports), and a used car lot (Evolution Auto) which it seems carries a variety of makes. If one of those was formerly a Bentley dealership, Zimmerman was at least a month behind on the change. If one them became a Bentley dealership between 1/3 and 2/2, it's not there any longer according to AIF.

Bentley or no Bentley, I don't see the sense in suggesting 'stop on Rinehart'. The way to come at Taaffe's building from the back, is from Colonial Village.

I think this is the current favorite for Worst of George Zimmerman's Directions.

And did Taafe ever explain why he didn't lock up his place when he left?

Not to my knowledge.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2013, 12:05:11 PM »
If I told you about a neighborhood watch program run by two guys, one can't remember street names or give coherent directions while the other doesn't lock his house when he leaves, would you believe me?  ;D

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2013, 12:51:04 PM »
If I told you about a neighborhood watch program run by two guys, one can't remember street names or give coherent directions while the other doesn't lock his house when he leaves, would you believe me?  ;D

;D ;D

You were setting that up, weren't you?

ETA: I'd believe you if you said it was the neighborhood watch in a neighborhood that had a lot of burglaries.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:53:19 PM by nomatter_nevermind »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2013, 10:40:55 PM »
Updating photo project again, with renewed appreciation for AghastInFl for bringing us these pictures. I think they will be a valuable resource throughout the case, and perhaps for future students of it as well.

I think we have finally got the location maps right for the first set. This set is now complete. I've updated the set description to reflect that it is now the first in a series.

The new description is itself an update on the project, so I'll reproduce it below to complete this post.

This is the first in a series of photo shoots, of The Retreat at Twin Lakes and nearby points of interest. The pictures were taken by a TalkLeft forum poster who lives in the area. He has modestly asked not to be credited here, but some of the photo descriptions have links to his posts at TalkLeft.

Each day's shooting is documented in one or more sets. This is the only set for 1/31/13.

The photos will also be used in themed sets, sometimes in combination with photos from other sources.

When complete, each daily set will have location maps, with and without street names, and an individual description for each photo.

This set, for 1/31/13, is the only one complete at the present time. The others are works in progress. A viewer may wish to check them for updates from time to time.

Completed sets may occasionally have a description updated.

There is currently one theme set, Florida v. Zimmerman, Security Cameras.

The other daily sets are linked below. No on-scene photos remain to be added to these four sets. Location maps and descriptions are being added.

The Retreat at Twin Lakes and Nearby Points, 2/4/13

Colonial Village at Twin Lakes, 2/4/13

The Retreat at Twin Lakes, 2/8/13

Points of Interest Near the Retreat at Twin Lakes, 2/8/13 

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2013, 07:36:33 AM »
Very good.  Is the 7-11 near the Sam's Club?  A thumbtack showing its location would be helpful.  TIA.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
Very good.  Is the 7-11 near the Sam's Club?  A thumbtack showing its location would be helpful.  TIA.

Sam's Club

1101 Rinehart Rd, Sanford, FL 32771

7-Eleven

1125 Rinehart Rd, Sanford, FL 32771

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »
Is the 7-11 near the Sam's Club?  A thumbtack showing its location would be helpful.  TIA.

Excellent idea. Thank you, and here you are.

The Sam's Club and the strip mall are neighbors, with adjoining parking areas. Sam's Club has a small side parking area in front of the auto center, adjacent to the back lot of the strip mall. The Sam's club cameras look down on both parking areas (N, NE). The cupola of the 7-11 is also visible in both views.

As mentioned, I'm behind on giving the photos individual descriptions. The Sam's Club photo from the first day does have one.

I'll add another overhead showing a possible path for Martin. That will take a bit of time.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »
Where is Taafe's house in the picture of the new fence?   The stone fence on our left looks surprising low and it wouldn't be much of a barrier to many teens.  Does the other end of the new fence end in another stone fence?

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »

Site Meter
click
tracking