Author Topic: Sybrina Fulton Suing Twin Lakes HOA  (Read 2797 times)

Offline jupchurch

• Rate Post +0/-0
Sybrina Fulton Suing Twin Lakes HOA
« on: August 06, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-06/news/os-trayvon-martin-insurance-claim-20120806_1_sybrina-fulton-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman

The teen, who was staying at Retreat at Twin Lakes with his father's girlfriend, was shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman Feb. 26 while returning from a local 7-Eleven store, authorities say. Prosecutors allege Zimmerman profiled and pursued the teen; Zimmerman says he fired in self defense after Trayvon attacked.

About a month after the shooting, the federal filings show, Travelers issued an insurance policy to the homeowners association, effective March 30. "After the inception of the claims-made policy, Fulton made a claim for monetary damages..." Travelers says "...as a result of the fatal shooting of Martin."

If the policy wasn't issued until March 30th, then how could the insurance company be liable?

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Re: Sybrina Fulton Suing Twin Lakes HOA
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:19:01 AM »
I wonder what the basis for the suit is.

Was it because the homeowners association did not do enough to secure their perimeter against roaming young ne'er do wells?

Maybe,Ms Fulton believes, if the HA had fully militarized, fenced and secured the perimeter  of Retreat at Twin Lakes1 then TM may not have felt the need to attack GZ.

Of course to believe this, one would also need to believe TM had misidentified GZ as a rival dealer or a badly off course Somalian pirate.

1: The complex could have been renamed No Retreat after Twin Lakes>

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:52:09 AM »
Was it because the homeowners association did not do enough to secure their perimeter against roaming young ne'er do wells?

You bring up an interesting point. Could the Twin Lakes HOA (or any for that matter) be sued for not doing enough to protect the residents from crime and violence? It would be ironic since they wouldn't be facing a possibly law suit if they hadn't started the neighborhood watch. Damned if you do damned if you don't I suppose.

Offline whitecap333

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »
No, the insurer is simply asking the court to determine it's rights under the policy.  See thread on the Martin Family forum.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 05:23:57 PM »
Two people started threads on this,  I'm closing this one, please continue discussion here.  Thanks.

Site Meter
click
tracking