Author Topic: GZlegalCase says there will be a SYG hearing  (Read 8358 times)

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Re: GZlegalCase says there will be a SYG hearing
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 05:51:43 AM »
Well, then, can we have a moritorium on the posts hinting about dirt on Martin existing?  Or be allowed to reply "put up or shut up"?

Why would you assume that delving into Martin's character is about dirt? Could it just be an honest accounting 'warts and all'?

Certainly the evidence released by the prosecution concerning Trayvon's activities over the 24 hours before he attacked GZ,  fails the sniff test.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:54:53 AM by Lousy1 »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 06:21:55 AM »
Well, then, can we have a moritorium on the posts hinting about dirt on Martin existing?  Or be allowed to reply "put up or shut up"?

So you're happy spending hours trying to dissect GZ's statements down to the second on some sort of timeline, but the prospect of O'Mara trying to paint a picture of TM that might be at odds with what we were initially told and might give some insight into why he attacked GZ unprovoked is "dirt"?

Noted.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »

Quote from: Lousy1 on Today at 07:51:43 AM
Why would you assume that delving into Martin's character is about dirt? Could it just be an honest accounting 'warts and all'?

Certainly the evidence released by the prosecution concerning Trayvon's activities over the 24 hours before he attacked GZ,  fails the sniff test.

Okay, what did Martin do in the last 24 hours of his life that was so nefarious?
Who said nefarious?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 08:59:05 AM »
Who said nefarious?

Okay, what in those 24 hours fails to pass the "sniff test"?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 09:03:08 AM »

What part of 'we can't talk about it because it's not in evidence yet' are you having a hard time with?

You sitting there going neener neeener neener because no one is allowed--by Jeralyn's rules--to respond to you isn't helpful--and if you really cared, there are plenty of places you could go to read through the material (and I'm sure you already have, which makes your current behavior even more...bothersome).

That will be one of the points of the SYG hearing. Once the discovery for that is out--we'll see. Until then--how about you stop your bullying behavior about it?
  ;)

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »

The testimony of Trayvon's cousin , Chad and Trayvon's Dad. You can read it yourself but I'm not going to comment until the yellow flag is lifted. Particularly evaluate the cousins description of his activities that morning and the a IMO weak attempt of Tracy Martin to ward off any questions about the amount of cash that he suspected would be found on Trayvon

Then again it requires some deductive reasoning so...

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 09:11:15 AM »
What part of 'we can't talk about it because it's not in evidence yet' are you having a hard time with?

You sitting there going neener neeener neener because no one is allowed--by Jeralyn's rules--to respond to you isn't helpful--and if you really cared, there are plenty of places you could go to read through the material (and I'm sure you already have, which makes your current behavior even more...bothersome).

That will be one of the points of the SYG hearing. Once the discovery for that is out--we'll see. Until then--how about you stop your bullying behavior about it?
  ;)

Y'all can't talk about it, but you can keep hinting around about it?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »
Y'all can't talk about it, but you can keep hinting around about it?

So far she hasn't deleted any posts with "hint[ing]" that I know of, and I think she's even said herself that there's other stuff we'll be able to talk about when/if it comes into discovery.

If The Host decides there won't even be the hinting or mentioning that there might be more evidence coming (and really--why would anyone think there isn't since the only thing we have is the state's stuff) then I guess we'll have to stop.

Why don't you PM her and ask her about it?

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »
So far she hasn't deleted any posts with "hint[ing]" that I know of, and I think she's even said herself that there's other stuff we'll be able to talk about when/if it comes into discovery.

If The Host decides there won't even be the hinting or mentioning that there might be more evidence coming (and really--why would anyone think there isn't since the only thing we have is the state's stuff) then I guess we'll have to stop.

Why don't you PM her and ask her about it?

I have been the recipient of a few 'conversations' about how far we can go.
 It's not very far yet. The ball is in O'Mara's court. Even simple things like a subpoena of TM ( and a few friends) social media postings and HS disciplinary / attendance records  might open the gates a little.

Offline jupchurch

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 10:06:28 AM »
Wouldn't these matters be better discussed in the Self-Defense and Stand Your Ground section? It seems to me that would be a better place.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »
Wouldn't these matters be better discussed in the Self-Defense and Stand Your Ground section? It seems to me that would be a better place.

It all depends what section you want your comments deleted from.
 ;)

Offline Pooh

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 10:37:12 AM »
Unitron, you wrote "Since we only have Zimmerman's word that Martin did attack, perhaps you could point out the actual evidence that a motive to do so existed."  As  AJ just pointed out, and I have several times, the state's attorney conceded Martin hit Zimmerman. He has not alleged Zimmerman hit Martin first.

I deleted your comment because it was false -- and off topic. The topic is O'Mara's statement. You can discuss the facts for SYG in the SYG thread or an evidence thread.  TM's motive is also irrelevant to this discussion (and in my view to SYG and self-defense.  But there are threads discussing this. Let's keep this to O'Mara's statement and possible reasons for it and likely expectations.

Hitting someone is not necessarily an attack, as you well know. Zimmerman did not have to hit Martin for Martin to hit Zimmerman in self-defense.

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:58 AM »
Actually, punching someone is, in fact, an attack.  Even if done in self defense (which of course, there is still nothing to indicate Trayvon acted in self defense.)

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 11:08:52 AM »
Actually, punching someone is, in fact, an attack.  Even if done in self defense (which of course, there is still nothing to indicate Trayvon acted in self defense.)

If done in self-defense, wouldn't it be a counter-attack?

Offline Kyreth

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 11:13:19 AM »
A counter-attack is an attack done in response to another attack; and thus is still an attack.

Site Meter
click
tracking