Author Topic: GZlegalCase says there will be a SYG hearing  (Read 8366 times)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
Re: GZlegalCase says there will be a SYG hearing
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 11:14:18 AM »
Hitting someone is not necessarily an attack, as you well know. Zimmerman did not have to hit Martin for Martin to hit Zimmerman in self-defense.

As discussed in the SYG thread, you are wrong.  TM could only use force against GZ if  he reasonably believed  he was in danger of an imminent physical attack  by Zimmerman.  No evidence has been released to support this. Following someone or asking someone to account for their presence is not provocation for a punch in the nose. See the statute and please continue the discussion on the appropriate thread.

Offline FromBelow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 02:00:45 PM »
Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
1m
#GeorgeZimmerman's defense team tells @renestutzman they'll have a news conference Monday. Will talk SYG, today's evidence. #TrayvonMartin

https://twitter.com/JeffWeinerOS/status/233653615988977665

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
What About Appeal of Recusal Refusal?
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 04:22:31 PM »
I thought that before the Docket Sounding and SYG hearing, there would be a hearing in front of an appellate court on the matter of replacing Judge Lester.  There is nothing on the GZLegal site about his.  Is this the next motion O'Mara will introduce?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: What About Appeal of Recusal Refusal?
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »
I thought that before the Docket Sounding and SYG hearing, there would be a hearing in front of an appellate court on the matter of replacing Judge Lester.  There is nothing on the GZLegal site about his.  Is this the next motion O'Mara will introduce?

I may be wrong--but they don't have to appeal the recusal order before they have the SYG or anything else, do they? Can't the results of the SYG (if Lester rules against GZ) then become part of the recusal appeal?

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »
From the Orlando Sentinel, http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-09/news/os-george-zimmerman-stand-your-ground-20120809_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-mark-o-mara

That last point — that no other witness saw the entire encounter — is key, according to experts. An Orlando Sentinel review of Central Florida "stand your ground" cases found that suspects were far more likely to be exonerated if they were the lone surviving witness.

How would I have been able to have the link to the article engaged by clicking on "Orlando Sentinel" instead of printing it out?  The Insert Hyperlink button here does seem to work like the Link button on the TalkLeft main site.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
How to Embed a Link
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Re: How to Embed a Link
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 09:41:13 PM »
How to Embed a Link

Thanks but Senorita Link slapped my face. Her parents were less than pleased also.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
It's About Style
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 01:22:01 AM »
That's what you get for starting off with a macho hyperlink. You should have used the romantic HTML approach.

Site Meter
click
tracking