Author Topic: Missing Discovery  (Read 9640 times)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
Missing Discovery
« on: August 12, 2012, 12:22:28 PM »
This is a thread to keep track of the items we should have in discovery but as far as I know, we don't. Feel free to add to the items or, if you've seen any of them, point out where they are.

1. The full toxicology report from NMS labs. It was reviewed by Officer/Investigator Negrete on April 2 and put in the case electronic file (p. 84 of 284 page discovery.)

2. Audio recordings of 3/26 interview by state's attorney investigator O'Steen and John Guy of W1 or W2 (one of the sisters who saw a glance of one or two people running).  Witness is now saying she saw people running left to right (which from her house would be south to north.) De la Rionda keeps referring to this, yet the only audio statements provided are those by SPD and FDLE (3/1, 3/9, 3/20)  and in the 3/20 interviews they retracted this. What happened in one week to make one of them change their mind, and why don't we have the actual interview? (p. 29 of 284 page discovery)

3. DeeDee's Simple T-Mobile records. They are a pre-paid phone with no subscriber information or subscriber detail, so why are they being withheld?  They received 9 pages of call records on the phone dated Feb. 26 to April 2 in an xcel spreadsheet. (Page 83 of 284 page discovery.)

4. Audio recordings of interviews by state's attorney's office with Tracy Martin, Brandy Green, Sybrina Fulton, Chad Green. Interviews were on 3/27,  4/2 and 4/27. (in 284 page discovery)

5. The photographs of the placement of the  video cameras at the clubhouse taken by Sgt Rodrighez (p. 87-88 of 284 page discovery)

6. Audio interview of Singleton by prosecutor de la Rionda on 3/29/12 (page 34 of 284 page discovery)

7. Audio interview of Medical Investigator Tara Malphurs on 3/29 on her examination of Martin's body and removal of items at the scene.  She didn't get there until 9:44 pm, and left at 10:10.  (p. 35 of 284.)

8. Audio interviews of Selma Mora (and maybe Mary Cutcher) on 3/27/12 by SAO investigator O’Steen, Bernie de la Rionda and John Guy  in which they say they heard 2 "whines" and saw nothing before shot. (page 30)

9. Audio interview of W-3 on 3/27/12 by O'Steen and Guy in which she says the guy in the white t-shirt was on top during the struggle and the guy in the white t-shirt is the one she saw dead, laying on the ground. (284 page discovery)

10. Audio interview of Austin McClendan on  3/27 by O’Steen, De la Rionda and John Guy, in which he again says the guy he saw injured on the ground wore a red shirt. (lawyer or mother called back later to say he thought he had to say that to be consistent with his first statements but he didn't see it.) (p. 33 of 284 page discovery)

11. Reports of analysis of cell phone records. Surely they must have written reports showing relevant calls and times to and from TM's phone and DeeDee's  phone. They can redact numbers for privacy.

12. A better audio of Dee Dee's call with Crump/Guttman. The snippets ABC played on the air are clear. The version supplied in discovery is inaudible. See Diwataman on this, he thinks the one provided was altered to a different format to purposely be inaudible and he makes a good case.

13. Question: Wouldn't the state have subpoenaed the Fox News footage of the scene the night of the shooting? If not, why not? If so, they should have turned it over in discovery and we should have it. If they didn't, I hope O'Mara does and turns it over in reciprocal discovery.

Added:

14. The actual timestamps for the various 911 calls

15. Witness 6 (John's) diagram as to the positions and movements of GZ and TM when he saw them struggling. Contained in his .March 20 interview with FDLE investigator John Bachelor.

16.  Affidavit for Search Warrant for phone records (phone records are being withheld, but a redacted version of the Affidavit could be released.

17. Audio Interview of 7/11 clerk (p. 69 of 284 page discovery.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:59:25 AM by TalkLeft »

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
Re: Missing Discovery
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:06:58 PM »
14. The stain maps from FDLE's biology lab for Zimmerman's and Martin's clothing.

15. The results of SPD's internal investigation of leaks - how the evidence items were accessed and by whom.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
Video from the surveillance camera covering the intersection of Rinehart Rd. and Towne Center Blvd.

Possibly other missing video, from businesses in the area, or cameras at The Retreat at Twin Lakes clubhouse.

I can't find it now, but Jeralyn posted a comment somewhere pointing out that reports mention some clubhouse cameras which were not described as inoperable, and yet their video has not been released.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 02:48:01 PM »
Possibly other missing video, from businesses in the area, or cameras at The Retreat at Twin Lakes clubhouse.

That's an interesting point. A report on page 19 of the 2nd discovery PDF mentions that Det. Lonnie Taylor collected videos from businesses in what ended up being in the wrong direction from Martin's route. I think it's likely that either someone else collected videos from the other direction, or Taylor had some particular reason for choosing the direction he did. There are quite a few businesses near the 7-Eleven.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »
I'd like to see Zimmerman's phone records. Particularly the exact time he placed the NEN call. That would answer the question of whether there was a significant delay from the time he placed the call to when he was connected to Sean.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 03:01:14 PM »
I think it's likely that either someone else collected videos from the other direction, or Taylor had some particular reason for choosing the direction he did.

The former seems more likely to me. If that is true, then that investigator's report is also missing.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 03:22:53 PM »
I'd also like to see the report by the officer who ran the tags of vehicles parked along the roadside after the shooting. That's mentioned on page 16 of the 1st discovery PDF.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 03:23:55 PM »
I was just re-reading Singleton's  interviews with him. It seems to me GZ drew his own map during the first interview with her, and that in the second interview, she hands him her  google map to draw x's on. I don't think we've seen his drawing.

From the first interview:

DS: Okay. Was it one of the houses along the wall. I don’t know where this happened, so
GZ: No, ma’am, uh uh. Would you like me to draw it for you?
DS: Yeah, sure, you can do that.
GZ: The neighborhood is kinda like a square. Like this. And then, um, there’s a row of houses here. This is the wall and there’s houses here and there’s another row of houses here. And this is houses. I parked my car here, the mailboxes here. He went through this dog walk here and you can either go down the sidewalk here between this row of houses, or you can go straight through.
DS: Okay.
GZ: To this street. So this is, um, asphalt, I’m sorry my hand…
DS: That’s okay.
GZ: This is asphalt and, ah

DS: Is there…are you sure…is it a patio, that he’s hitting? Cause you said he’s hitting your head on a sidewalk.
GZ: No, no, it’s the sidewalk. It’s…
DS: But it’s the sidewalk behind the building?
GZ: Yes, ma’am, it’s a dog walk…
GZ: And this is a row of houses, and this is a row of houses…
GZ: And this is the dog walk.
GZ: So I walked back here, he hit me…

From the second interview:

DS: I just wanna ask you a few more questions.
GZ: Yes ma’am.
DS: Um, this is, ah, the neighborhood we’re talking about, right?
GZ: Yes, ma’am.
DS: Okay, can you put, ah, an “x” on here where you first saw the guy?
GZ: Right…right about here.
DS: Okay, right about there. Okay, and this is the, this is the entrance, correct?
GZ: Yes, ma’am.

It sounds to me like he drew  on blank paper during the first interview and the map was brought out during the second interview.  I'd like to see his drawing. Has anyone seen it?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »
It sounds to me like he drew  on blank paper during the first interview and the map was brought out during the second interview.

That's been my impression since the first time I listened to the recording.

I haven't seen the drawing in the discovery. I think I would have noticed if it was there.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 09:01:55 PM »
I can't find it now, but Jeralyn posted a comment somewhere pointing out that reports mention some clubhouse cameras which were not described as inoperable, and yet their video has not been released.

Found it.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 10:53:41 PM »
I want to see the ballistics and the trajectory reports.  And I want  to know if that handgun was field stripped for additional swabbings.  I am particularly interested in the slide area.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 12:56:07 AM »
I doubt anyone bothered, but I'd like to know if it's ever been established if the can was still in the bag when the can was found in the hoodie pocket.

Offline AJ

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 02:12:01 AM »
I'm missing an interview from Mr. Zimmerman on 3/28 - the one that Serino set up with him over the phone on 3/26 for the following Wednesday. This phone call was the last interview that I have of Mr. Zimmerman. The one that I'm missing is the one where either BDLR is conducting the interview or listening while another conducts. Did I miss it somewhere or was it not released?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 02:19:29 AM »
I don't think that interview ever happened.

I recall something in the July 12 release about SAO playing phone tag with Zimmerman and one of the first lawyers who not-so-much represented him.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 02:45:59 AM »
It's p. 38 of the July 12 release.

This was about events on 4/10. Zimmerman spoke with de la Rionda on the phone. He said that Sonner and Uhrig were advising him but not representing him. He agreed to be interviewed, and it was agreed that Investigator O'Steen would call Zimmerman later.

I haven't seen anything in the discovery about a follow-up to the 4/10 calls, and I don't recall anything about a 3/28 interview.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:53:43 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

Site Meter
click
tracking