Author Topic: Timelines and Routes, Thread 2  (Read 75824 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Timelines and Routes, Thread 2
« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2013, 03:26:13 AM »
Dispatchers don't normally respond to requests for license plate information by just giving the last name of the owner.

Probably not, although honestly I don't what dispatchers normally do.

But your explanation makes no sense. If the officer knew George Zimmerman, he still wouldn't know he was the same Zimmerman.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2013, 04:18:05 AM »
Am I correct that Zimmerman was not questioned about, nor did he volunteer, his interaction with Martin from the first observation at Taafe's house to the time that he pulled into the clubhouse parking lot? 

What interaction?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2013, 05:15:38 AM »
I didn't say that's who they were looking for. I said I'd be surprised if they didn't know his name. The fact that the dispatcher only gave the last name and nothing more seems to indicate the dispatcher knew who Zimmerman was and expected that the officer would also. I didn't say the officer definitely wrote down the location; I just objected to your assertion that he didn't.

Bernosky said "...tell me if itís registered anywhere in Twin Lakes."

The dispatcher or whoever may not have known why he wanted to know, and perhaps thought he was talking to the driver or someone found near the vehicle and claiming ownership or at least the right to be driving it, and so just gave the registration name as a confirmation of its "neighborhoodness" along with that bit of additional information--or maybe it's SOP to give the registration name when tags are called in--and since the dispatcher did not say, no it's registered at an address elsewhere, it was assumed that the actual answer to the question was "Yes, it's registered in Twin Lakes."

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2013, 05:16:01 AM »
It sounded to me as if they were looking for Zimmerman's vehicle at the specific time of the tag request.

How so? I don't see any such indication in that transcript.

At first, I put the two tags close in time together which made it seem unlikely that the two were related since the dispatcher only uses the last name. Now that seperation is apparent, that argument becomes less persuasive.

I don't understand this.

I think the white Honda is the one that's usually parked there, which is seen in the Fox video from that night, and presumably also the 'big pickup truck' Zimmerman mentioned in the CVSA interview (28:46-54, 6:47:23-31).

The radio traffic, the event report (13/33), and Bernosky's SAO summary (3/284), all converge on two tags being run.

The SAO summary says 'The tags came back to people in the complex'.

I've said before that these summaries are sketchy, and I'm cautious about reading anything into their silences. For what it's worth, there is nothing about Zimmerman, and nothing suggests any interest in the vehicles other than establishing that they were locally owned.

I don't hear any address information in the radio traffic, or the name of the owner of the white Honda. It seems a lot of information is missing from those recordings.

About 8:50 there's 'restrictions, corrective lenses'. Does George Zimmerman wear contact lenses?  I would be surprised I haven't heard of it. Martin had no ID on him. Who else would be getting their driver's license run?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2013, 05:26:36 AM »
Good question, which the investigators never asked.

Closely related, why did he park at that time? He said he was looking for Martin, but he also indicated that he parked before seeing him.

Audio

2/26-2, 3:25-36
This is one of the more variable parts of Zimmerman's story. In the reenactment, he said that he did catch sight of Martin about the time he parked, then Martin disappeared and reappeared before circling the truck. The wind rose and obscured some words when he was talking about seeing Martin, so it's not clear if he said that he saw Martin before or after he parked. (3:21-55)

With the possible exception of the reenactment, Zimmerman never explicitly said that he saw Martin before he parked on TTL, or explained why he parked at that time or that place.

It's a bit much to assume that Zimmerman pulled into the clubhouse* to dial or wait for the call to connect and let Martin walk past him and get as far as the "T" before getting back on the road and aiming his headlights east on TTL, so it seems more likely that he would have been moving east on TTL for at least the last part of Martin's eastbound travel to the "T" for the first time before coming back out of the dark to circle the truck, which means he saw Martin leave TTL for the east-west sidewalk the first time, so why didn't he get his headlights closer to the "T"?

*Which he could have reached while driving much sooner than Martin could have gotten there on foot coming from Frank's side yard.

Of course if Martin had taken the east-west sidewalk south of the clubhouse on the swimming pool side he could have been well past the "mail thing" and headed east on TTL before Zimmerman, sitting in his truck in front of the clubhouse, would have had a line of sight to him, but I'd think that would have caused him to drive quickly to catch up, stopping only to keep from going over the curb where TTL turns south in front of W11's house.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2013, 05:27:24 AM »
What interaction?

Giving each other the evil eye?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2013, 05:33:45 AM »

How so? I don't see any such indication in that transcript.

I don't understand this.

I think the white Honda is the one that's usually parked there, which is seen in the Fox video from that night, and presumably also the 'big pickup truck' Zimmerman mentioned in the CVSA interview (28:46-54, 6:47:23-31).

The radio traffic, the event report (13/33), and Bernosky's SAO summary (3/284), all converge on two tags being run.

The SAO summary says 'The tags came back to people in the complex'.

I've said before that these summaries are sketchy, and I'm cautious about reading anything into their silences. For what it's worth, there is nothing about Zimmerman, and nothing suggests any interest in the vehicles other than establishing that they were locally owned.

I don't hear any address information in the radio traffic, or the name of the owner of the white Honda. It seems a lot of information is missing from those recordings.

About 8:50 there's 'restrictions, corrective lenses'. Does George Zimmerman wear contact lenses?  I would be surprised I haven't heard of it. Martin had no ID on him. Who else would be getting their driver's license run?

Are the white Honda and the big pickup both on TTL near the bend that night?

'Cause I think there's something like 15 minutes between calling in the white Honda and George's truck.

And was the big pickup ever called in?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2013, 06:16:31 AM »
Are the white Honda and the big pickup both on TTL near the bend that night?

And was the big pickup ever called in?

What I was trying to say is that I think the white Honda ('HOND color WHI') of the event report, the 'big pickup truck' of the CVSA interview, and the truck seen in the Fox video, are all the same vehicle.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2013, 06:23:34 AM »
'Cause I think there's something like 15 minutes between calling in the white Honda and George's truck.

The event report has the white Honda about 8:33, the gray one about 8:47.

That's when the information was typed in, so possibly some time after the calls.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2013, 06:34:49 AM »
why didn't he get his headlights closer to the "T"?

The average range of high beam headlights is 'about 350 feet'.

Zimmerman's headlights could have been way below average, and he would still be plenty close to the T.

At times Zimmerman explicitly said his headlights illuminated the cut-through, while at others times he seemed to imply the area was dark. (I mean before he got out of his truck. After his headlights would have cut off is another matter.)

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2013, 06:43:09 AM »
What I was trying to say is that I think the white Honda ('HOND color WHI') of the event report, the 'big pickup truck' of the CVSA interview, and the truck seen in the Fox video, are all the same vehicle.

Wasn't that big pickup parked near the bend in TTL?

If so, seems the times should be closer.

Or am I getting confused by the one in all of the aerial shots?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2013, 07:20:38 AM »
If so, seems the times should be closer.

I don't see what the one thing has to do with the other. It would take about a minute to walk from the northern T to the southern one.

Or am I getting confused by the one in all of the aerial shots?

I think that's the same truck, and the one in the reenactment. Yes, at the bend in TTL.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2013, 07:42:04 AM »
I don't see what the one thing has to do with the other. It would take about a minute to walk from the northern T to the southern one.

Wouldn't the southern one be south of Brandy Green's house?

That's more than a one minute walk.

I think that's the same truck, and the one in the reenactment. Yes, at the bend in TTL.

Aren't both the big truck and Zimmerman's truck parked near the bend in TTL by W11's house?

That's far less than a 15 minute walk.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2013, 08:05:08 AM »
Aren't both the big truck and Zimmerman's truck parked near the bend in TTL by W11's house?

Yes.

That's far less than a 15 minute walk.

The 7-11 is a 15 minute walk.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:08:15 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2013, 10:54:56 AM »
I think it would be very unlikely that the officers canvassing the area wouldn't know the name of the shooter.

One of the officers, the one that took the cell phone pictures, was showing it to people to see if they recognized either Zimmerman or Martin.

uni, In one of the pictures where the officer is looking westward caught the back end of a Nissan truck.  That is a reason for him to park further back from the E-W sidewalk.  IIRC, he changed the position of his truck on the google map that Singleton supplied to him.  Slightly closer by maybe a cars length.

I have no reason not to think that dash cams in the LE cars arriving on the TTL side would not have picked up the position of the truck.

Site Meter
click
tracking